Chapter 32: Hate her?

"Cut it out Chris! Hahaha!!! Stop tickling me!!! Hahaha!!!" I try to shove his hands away, but he doesn't give up on tickling me.

"It's no use Jade! I know your weakness~!" he scoffed.

I slap his hands away and he finally stops, "You're gonna make me laugh to death!"

"Awe, c'mmon! I was just havin' some fun~!"

"Well, it wasn't for me."

"Well... How about this?" he starts singing 'You Found Me' by The Fray. His voice actually sounds kinda nice now too than when he would usually sing before. He's improved.

While I listen to him patiently, he then starts flirting with me while singing. I just roll my eyes at him and he laughs at me doing so, and I just laugh at him in return.

"The teacher might arrive soon. So, I've gotta get back to my seat. M'kay, Chris?"

"Sure. 'S a'right."

As I started to walk back to my seat, my eyes would tend to wander elsewhere and glance at everyone in the classroom. Chris and I may have gotten a little closer, but that doesn't mean his magic works on me. I believe I don't like him in that way yet.

Glancing at almost everyone, my eyes came upon Sam who was staring at me with red eyes. Not red eyes of rage, but red eyes like she was about to cry. As she saw that I was staring at her, she looked away and had an aura of 'don't approach me'. But, being her friend, I had to approach her.

"Sam? Are you okay?" I tapped on her shoulder.

"Yeah. I'm fine." she said in a low tone.

"You're voice and expression says otherwise."

"I just don't want to be bothered for a while, alright?" she told me gently enough so she wouldn't burst out.

"Alright then." I said, understanding how she felt and left her be.

As I had almost reached my seat, SLAP!!! Someone slapped my butt so hard I could still feel its sting. "George! Would you stop that habit of yours!"

"Nope~! Lemme do it again..." he said with a smirk. George has this habit of slapping his female friends butts. He's been like this ever since elementary, I should know, cause I'm his childhood friend.

"NOOOO!!!!!" I run away from him covering my behind, but he chases after me. I made it to the closest and most reliable person as my shield, "Protect me Chris!"

"Why should I?"

"Pretty please? I'll give you a reward~!"

"Okay." he shrugged.

"Get out of the way Chris!"

"Just stop it George."

"Che! You're no fun at all..." he stuck his tongue out and went away.

"Phew! Thanks a bunch Chris. I couldn't let my butt be in pain anymore."

"Now for my reward..."

"Oh right~! It's --"

"One night only." he cut me off as he said that sentence with a straight face.

I paused, but soon my eyes widened and my cheeks heated up, "Crazy! I was going to give you a candy!"

"Pfft! Alright, I'll take the candy..." he smiled.

Half an hour passed by and it seemed like the teacher wouldn't be coming after all. So, bored being alone in my corner, I went up front to watch two of my classmates having a friendly debate. Almost everyone was paying attention to them, so I did too. Chris came near and listened on in with me too. I couldn't help but peek at Sam, she had our eyes on us, and I had to say, she doesn't look quite happy about it.

"Hey, Chris? Sam's watching us, and I can say from her expression, that she doesn't want us near each other."

He took a peek and sighed, "I hate her. Seriously."

I was shocked and a little hurt to hear that though, "Why'd you say that."

"I never did like her in the first place. I'm just being friendly to her because she's your friend. But I honestly find her liking me, annoying." I stood silent as I listened to Chris explain things to me, "Also, I'm only good to the other girls because they're your friends too. I would mostly bond with the guys."

"Then why are you friends with me? I'm a girl." I raised a brow.

"Well, not entirely... You have a guy-ish aura on you. So, I'd say you're cool like a dude..."

"So, you're saying I'm a lesbian?"

"No! No! Of course not! You're more like a tomboy, a girl who acts like a guy but is still a girl."

"Okay... That's better..."

Chris then slid his hand behind my neck and placed it on my cheek. He just had his arm around me, but I had to take it off for various reasons. When I went to sit down, Chris also followed me and sat beside me. Sam finally approached us and sat next to Chris. Chris had to be stupid and make his entire back face Sam and face me completely. Was he trying to make her jealous on purpose???

So, this time I stood up. "Jade~!" Chris called me out.

"What?"

"Don't leave me~!"

"I'm just standing up to do some stretches."

"Oh okay..." he then stood up and macho danced in front of me.

I pushed him away and told him, "I said I'd be doing some stretches and not dances. And quit it with macho dancing in front of me!"

"Why? You no likey~?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Of course I no likey! It's gross. Now sit down."

"Yes mom..."

As I started to twist my hips, he called out to me. "What is it now, Chris?"

"Stop twisting your hips!" he demanded seriously. But I didn't stop. "Jade! I'm telling you to stop that!"

"Fine! Dad!" I stopped. Moments later, Chris blurted out, "Don't stop... Believing~!" I had to face palm. He was being annoying, funny, but annoying...

I then saw Sam head out of the classroom first. I see she couldn't handle seeing Chris be all close with me. But remembering Chris' words earlier on how he felt about Sam made me feel sorry for her that she doesn't have a chance with the guy...

I kept my stuff too. Last period was a long period without the teacher and with all the drama. Me and Chris both walked towards the gate and walked our separate ways home...

But the question that I would want to know the most is...

Will Sam still treat me the same?

____________________

Hey guys!

Thanks for choosing to read and support this book, #TPaTN!!! :D I appreciate it a lot guys. Thank you so much!!!

I also enjoyed reading the comments of the people who commented on this book, it really makes me smile knowing that you guys like my story and all the other funny comments are just soooo LOL!!! XD

Please continue to comment, share and vote too!!!! :*

~Kurisu-chan