Chapter 62: Hiding Something

Today's the day we finally finish being third year high school students. Next Autumn, we'll be seniors! I can't wait for that! Senior year is the best and most exciting year ever!

After our giving of awards ceremony, all of us took the moment to have merriment and fun in talking and taking pictures with each other as our last time being third years. It was mostly me, Sam, Mae, Jenny, and Tess taking pictures. Tess is still a part of our group, though she doesn't really spend a lot of time with us anymore.

I was still an honor student and got second place, as usual. Guess my intellect wasn't enough and I needed the extracurricular points to be able to surpass the first. But, meh... It's not my thing to join in those kinds of things anyway. Tess also had an honor place; she took rank eight. Mae, Sam and Jenny were only included in the ceremony since they had school band awards, they were dancers in the school's marching band.

While taking pictures, Chris came and asked if he could join in the pictures as well. Well, he is a band member as well, he's part of the percussion instruments. "Chris! Take pictures of us please!" asked Mae as she gave him her camera.

"But I wanna join in too!" he pleaded.

"No! Take our pictures!" teased Jenny as she stuck her tongue out. We all joined in the teasing, but I also kinda felt a little guilty for not letting him in the pictures.

When we were all finished, Chris called out, not wanting to be left behind and grabbed out his iPad and said, "Hey! If you don't want me in your pictures, I want you guys in mine!"

All of us agreed and joined in as we took pictures, with some wacky ones along the way, in Chris' iPad. Also, Victor, Isaac, Thomas, and Laurence also joined in the pics, as they were also in the school band. I took some solo pics with him too as he requested, which I ended up with a little teasing from Jenny and Mae in the end.

After some of our pictures together, and some of me only, I asked Chris if I could take a peek at them. While looking at some of our pics, Chris suddenly snickered, making me look at him in confusion. He placed his back hand on his mouth and looked at me saying, "Why are you so cute?!"

Wha-?

Well that made my face heat up! I backed up away a little, while trying to hide the smile on my face, and pushed him playfully, saying, "I am not cute!"

"But you are!" he says, pushing me by using his shoulder. I just giggle and shake my head at him, therefore earning a pinch on the cheek, and me ruffling up his hair in reply.

"Hey! Not the hair! You can squish my face, but not my hair." he says, trying to defend his head.

I pout in return and answer, "Fine then!" as I then begin to squeeze his cheeks apart, causing us to fight back at each other and just laugh all about it in the end. I am really gonna miss him this summer...

"Don't worry Jade... There's always facebook..." he says reassuringly.

Wait... I didn't say that out loud did I?

"What?" I ask him.

"It's cause you had that sad look on your face, even though you were smiling."

"Oh... Yeah... I was just in thought..." I grinned.

"Really now?" he raises his brow at me, "We'll keep in touch right?"

"Yes... We will..."

"Promise?" he looks at me with worried eyes and raises his pinky.

I smile at him and tie my pinky in his, "Promise."

We giggle and chuckle at each other before taking more group pictures before going home.