Chapter 82: Heartfelt Songs

[Chris' P.O.V.]

Inside the room where we do our laundry. We had already placed our clothes in the dryer and just waited. We even had an awkward silence while waiting for our clothes to dry. So, I tried to talk first.

"So..." we said in harmony, and the both of us stare at each other trying to hide our smiles.

"You first." we tried to say, but rather in accord. The both of us just laughed at each other for wanting to ease the tension, but ended up saying the same phrases together without doing it on purpose.

"Please, lady's first." I say, motioning to her.

"Ha! Now you call me a lady?" she scoffs.

"Shut up~!"

She giggled at me and gave in, "Uhmm... I was wondering on how many months you and Stacy are dating?"

Her question rather made me feel tensed up, "Well... We've been going out for almost six months now..." I scratch my head, "But let's not talk about me and her, it may be uncanny for you."

"I'm alright. I just wanted to know..." she shrugged, "Now what did you want to say?"

"Uhmm... Y'see..." I try to find the right words, but I can't. "Well... If you would have one song to say how much you loved me in the past, what song would you use?

"Wha-? Corny!" she playfully hit my arm.

"Seriously! I am a music student." I then shuffle in my pocket, "Here! I'll even pick out a song that says how much I loved you back then too!"

I then notice Jade's smile weaken, but then I just thought about it, 'F*ck! I had to say 'loved'. The past tense.'

"Jade?" I look at her anxiously.

She shakes her head at me and let's out an, "I'm okay..."

"Here... Just ready the song... I'll even go first, for it to be fair!"

She then presses on the buttons on her iPhone and says that she's ready after she's found the right song. "Okay. Just the first verse up to the chorus only for it to be short and understanding. And! Your singer has to be female and mine male." she then peeks one more time on her song to make sure, and I make it clear one more time before pressing play, "Even if you never took me seriously when I courted you in the past, it really hurt me. But what I felt for you was true..."

And as I pressed play, the song starts off slowly until the singer finally makes ourselves less self-conscious.

'Four letter word, But I don't have the guts to say it'

I did have the guts to say it, but I wasn't really being honest in doing so.

'Smile 'til it hurts, But let's not make it complicated
We've got a story, And I'm about to change the ending'

Was about to change the ending if you weren't too ignorant about my feelings.

'You're perfect for me, And more than just a friend

So we can just stop pretending now
Gotta let you know somehow'

I wanted to let you know someway that...

'I'll be your shelter, I'll be your storm
I'll make you shiver, I'll keep you warm
Whatever weather, Baby I'm yours
Be your forever, be your fling
Baby I will be your everything.'

Jade... I could've been your everything and you would be mine...

I pressed pause on 'Be Your Everything' by Boys Like Girls and looked away and scratched my head in embarrassment, "So... Yeah... That was the perfect song to describe it." Jade's hazel eyes were just so captivating as they sparkled with emotion. The stars were no match for her dazzling light brown orbs.