Chapter 85: Wrong Timing

[Jade's P.O.V]

Me and my mom are at a doughnut stand to buy some for snacks. But mainly because I asked for one. My mom then waits outside while I go into a book store to check out if there are any books that will catch my eyes. Well, she's also holding my doughnut, since it's not allowed inside. Then I suddenly receive a call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jade!"

"Why are you calling Chris?"

"I did tell you yesterday that I'd text if we could hang out."

"Oh yeah... I received your texts, I just didn't have load."

"Yeah... I figured... So, me and Stacy talked yesterday, and we had to talk again today, so we're all good now."

"It's good to know that you guys are okay again..." I say in a thankful tone.

"Yeah... And we have a lot to talk about~! Where are you by the way? Where do you wanna meet?" I stay silent for a while, trying to grasp the situation. "Hello~? Nee-chan~? You still there?" he laughs.

*sniffles* *sniffles*

"Jade?!! A-Are you crying right now?!?!!" he was panicking through the line.

"I'm sorry Chris, I can't hang with you guys today..."

"Why not?! Where are you?! I'll go to your hotel!!!"

"No need. I'm at the airport right now and our flight back to Texas is in a few minutes."

"WHAT?!! JADE!!! WHY?!!" he was practically yelling at me right now. "Why didn't you text me through your mom's phone?!"

"It's just... *sniffles* I'm sorry Chris..." I then hung up on him. He tried to call me back, but I wouldn't answer him. I just turned my phone off. My mom then dashed to me to ask me what's wrong, but I couldn't tell her as I was still crying my eyes out. She took me into her hug and rubbed my back as she gave me a shoulder to cry on. I knew people were staring, but I didn't care. I hurt my own self...

After I calmed down and wiped away my tears, I rummaged around my bag to get my sunglasses to hide away my red eyes. As we walked out of the book store, the person on the intercom then announced that our flight back to Texas was now boarding. So, we then headed to the boarding area to board our plane.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

...Yesterday...

Inside the taxi, I was in deep thought about what happened earlier. I thought long and hard on my decision. I then met with my mom back in the hospital, she told me about our check-ups and that we had no more. She said that we could roam around one more time tomorrow with Chris, Thomas and Manuel. But I had to deny to her and she questioned my choice.

"I thought you still wanted to hang out with them? What happened?" she was worried.

"Well, let's just say that we were having a fun time together, but all ruined when me and Chris were on a happy date in the park together."

"You were on a date with Chris?"

"Yeah..." I gave a choked laugh and told her the story from Chris kissing me on the forehead to talking with Stacy in Chris' house. I tried holding in tears the whole time, "I didn't mean for it to happen mom..." I wiped away my tears furiously like a little kid and she took me into a hug and rubbed my back.

"Shh... Shh... I know dear... Chris was just so happy to see you again that maybe he forgot he had a girlfriend..."

"Mom... It hurts..."