Chapter 74: Voice Message

It's been around two months now since I've become a second year college student. Subjects are getting harder and activities are getting more interesting.

I seldom communicate with Chris too since we've been too busy. He's shifted a course again. From Medical, to Nursing, and now, Music. He says he's permanently staying on this course, I keep teasing him though that he might shift again.

We still talk to each other normally, like nothing's really changed. I'm happy that even though I've already confessed to him, he still treats me the same; but I'm a little sad that we haven't talked about it since.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

What happened on the confession...

"Was I that obvious? ... Nii-chan "

"Nee-chan? Jade? Is it really you?"

"Yeah... Sorry for tricking you as being Belle. I thought you might've thought it was someone from your place."

"Yeah... They've already confessed..."

I knew it!

"Oh... But, I'm sorry..."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I don't know. But how would you react?"

"To be honest, I already thought you did, especially in third year. But, I didn't want to expect too much of it until you told me yourself without me asking."

"Oh..."

"Also, I am happy to hear your confession nee-chan. :) Thank you. :)"

"Yeah..." I couldn't think of anything else to say. I wanted to know more, I wanted to talk about it more. But, I felt like I would seem too needy. So, I just changed the topic instead and we continued to talk about his story.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Present...

Since then, we've never talked about the confession. I'm a bit irritated that he hasn't put it much thought. But, I'm really happy and relieved that he still treats me the same...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Months later... I was attending a belated New Years and Valentines Party event from all the year levels in our course. It was just a normal party in a hotel where there was a normal program with performances and games and picture taking.

Of course, us second years still felt a little awkward being with our course mates from high year levels. Some of us were rowdy, but most of us just sat there and enjoyed the event with people whom we were acquainted with.

The program was getting a little boring though, but since there was wifi around the place, I decided to connect and scroll through facebook. I saw that Chris had posted a video of him strumming a guitar and singing. I popped out my earphones to listen to his song. I was giggling to myself the entire time.

"Jade? You okay there?" Keith asked me.

"Yeah! Don't mind me." I waved.

He then peeked over to look at what I was watching and sat back up to say, "You watching some gay dude sing?"

I gasped, "He is NOT gay!" I say as I pout at him.

"Whatever." he rolls his eyes at me and continues to concentrate on the program.

I had to like the video and comment on it, saying, "I see you still aren't good with high notes, huh nii-chan?"

Minutes later, he replied. "Hi nee-chan! And yeah... Still working on it. :D"