Chapter 64: Calling Him

It's been more than a month now since school has started, but my life as a student still goes on, even without Mae or Chris.

I've been close friends with two new male students lately, my seatmate August, and Blaire's cousin, Kurt. They are very chatty guys. Victor sits in front of me and would usually face me from time to time to either get my attention or ignore me.

One time, I actually confronted him, "Victor? Do you still like me?" he didn't hesitate in answering a yes. When I asked him, "Do you still have a crush on me?" he hesitated a bit before answering a no, which didn't sound convincing. But without his body (Chris) he's a free tail. I kept teasing him that he was a bodiless tail or a minion with no master, since he kept on following behind Chris.

Erik has also confessed to me again, but after I rejected him, it's like he's distancing himself from me, and he feels awkward around me or something.

On the first few days of school, the teachers would usually ask us, "It's a surprise to see that the Calderson brothers aren't enrolled in here anymore. I wonder what happened? Does anyone know?"

Because Chris and Thomas' fathers were brothers, they had the same last name, therefore earning the title of Calderson brothers...

I would raise my hand and tell the teachers the reason why, but I just couldn't understand why I couldn't just sit there and ignore their questions. I would tell them, making the entire class know as well that, "Chris and Thomas have transferred to California because of health problems, and the hospital they are acquainted with is there."

Bro Richard is still as loving as a brother as he always was. He never fails to put on a happy smile whenever our eyes meet, and when we have the chance to talk with each other, he asks if I'm doing okay and what naught and I reply and ask him the same.

But the weirdest thing this year is that Adam, my classmate since first year high school, was assigned to sit behind August, and boy was he annoying! Whether classes were going on or not he would poke my sides or steal my things, distracting me from anything. Or I would even try to do stuff that I love, and he would make me loose interest or bug me while I'm in the zone. He's very annoying, and also he keeps on saying words that I don't understand and tells me to search it in the dictionary to know, and as I do so on my tablet, I find out that they were indecent words!

Sigh... Looks like there's another perv this year...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On lunch break, I decided to go somewhere with less people around to notice me. I couldn't take it anymore, so I called Chris myself. I was waiting for him to answer my call, and when he finally picked up, he spoke first, "Yes nee-chan?" he asked happily.

He's still the Chris I know... Oh how I miss him!

"Hi nii-chan! How's school lately?"

"It's okay, but I'm slowly getting used to things here... I'm really popular too!"

"With the girls?" I grunt.

"With both genders! Of course, the girls think I'm hot!"

"Ahem! Feeler! Ahem!" I coughed.

He laughed through the phone, "Shut up~! The guys also treat me well, like they have respect for me!" he boasted.

"Well... It's nice to hear that you're enjoying yourself over there..."

"Yeah... But I wanna go back there and visit you guys if I have the time... I miss you guys a lot! I miss you, Isaac, Victor, Laurence, and the lot!"

"We miss you too, sometimes, there's never a day where we don't talk about you!"

"Awe... Makes me wanna go back..."

I laughed, "We'd love that... But school first! And your health is important too."

"Yes... Thanks nee-chan..."

"You're welcome nii-chan."

It was a good decision for me to call him. I missed his voice, seeing his different expression, and him...

".... Huh?! .... Okay!"

"Nii-chan?"

"Sorry nee-chan... I gotta go, the guys are calling me." he sounded worried.

"It's alright... Go ahead..."

"Call again soon alright?"

"You too! If you have load..."

"Sure! Talk to ya soon~!"

"You too! Bye nii-chan!"

"Bye nee-chan!"

Toot... Toot... Toot...

That was a short call, but I had no regrets...

I wonder how the rest of the school year will go without him by my side?

_________________________

Hey guys!!!

Please continue to Support + Share + Vote + Comment! ;)

Don't be quiet and share your thoughts~! :3

~Kurisu-chan