Chapter 50: Amy

"Jade! Jade! I want you to talk to Amy." Chris called out to me.

"Amy?! You mean your arranged marriage girl?" I was shocked to hear that from him first thing he sees me in the morning.

"Yeah! Amy!" he said as he started to dial his cellphone number. I was stuttering in confusion.

What should I say? How should I speak?

More importantly... Why is Chris letting me talk to her?!?!?!

It then went through, "Hey, Amy? ... You wanna talk to Jade right? ... Okay... I'm handing over the phone to her!" he then shoved his phone to my face. I was nervous the whole time.

"He-Hello?" my voice was a bit shaky.

"H-Hi..." But it wasn't just me! She continued, "Hello, uhm... This is Amy, Jay's friend. You're Jade right?"

I was quiet... She sounded adorable! Like I wanted to pinch her cheeks if she were in front of me! But I kept my cool, "Yeah! Hello Amy! How are ya?"

"I'm good, thanks! Are you in the same year as Jay?"

Wait! What?! Jay?!?!!

I cocked an eyebrow, "Jay?"

"Yeah, Jay!"

I was still very confused, but then Chris waved to get my attention. When I looked at him, he whispered, "I told her to call me Jay."

"Ohhhh!...." Then I answered Amy, "Sorry I didn't get it, cause we call 'Jay' Chris here..."

"Ah... That's why you went silent!"

"Hahaha... Yeah, sorry 'bout that! And yeah... We're in the same year. You?"

"Well, I'm in the tenth grade." Hmm... A year younger than us...

"Ah... A second year high schooler... So, you're younger than us?"

"Yeah... Guess so..." she giggled. She's so cute! Her voice is though, but I bet she looks as cute as she sounds!

We talked on his phone for what seemed hours, but just minutes, because first period's bell rang. But I can't help but shake this heavy feeling in my chest. It's an unfamiliar pain. I'm very concerned...

In class, Chris is so giddy. He's like a kid who can't wait to go to the amusement park! It's weird though cause he kept letting me feel his heartbeat. Like, he just snatches my hand from me all of a sudden and places it on his chest for me to feel his heartbeat.

He was so in love, that I couldn't help but feel happy for him. My best friend has finally fallen in love in a non-lustful way, and it looks like it's puppy love! I never did take him loving me seriously, because I always thought it was lust...

But I can't help but feel a little sad, knowing that he's going to pay twice more affection and attention towards another girl. I know, I know, I'm being selfish... But hey! He's just my friend... Right?

In class, he would ask Isaac to switch seats with him and Isaac lets him. Chris, even though the teacher's discussing, talks about Amy. And when the teacher's writing down notes, he copies, while talking about Amy twice more! Although, I did have fun listening to his stories...

"You know what?" he asks me, as happy as ever.

"Whut?"

"You and Amy are the only ones, aside from my mom and Thomas, who knows about my life story!"

"Really?! You still haven't told anyone else?!" I ask, my eyes widening in shock.

"Yeah! And I like the both of you the most! The problem with you is just..."