212. Other Targets

While Enel & the men fight against Beasts Pirates' unit, Buggy & co meets with Deon. Deon has searched the targets of their operation which are local people who work under Beasts Pirates. They will remove these people which are considered as traitors by the locals.

It's very easy to find these people because they hold high positions on this island. They climbed the rank by wagging their tails to the Beasts Pirates and becoming their people's enemy. So removing these people will make the locals trust the Clown a little.

Of course, it won't be easy because the Clowns are also pirates, just like the Beasts Pirates. But gaining a little trust is important so they can talk and discuss their next plan for this island. The Clowns can't leave this island just like this because it's an important island for Beasts Pirates.

"Is it really that important?" asks Palu.

"Of course, it is. This island is where they get their resources, so they won't leave it. Furthermore, it will be an insult if they let a rookie pirate crew take over their territory. A big pirate crew like them won't let this matter go," says Buggy.

"So it doesn't matter whether this island is important or not. They just need to show that they aren't a crew to be messed with. Is that what you mean?" asks Ruff.

"Yeah, they have their pride as a big pirate crew and we will take advantage of that. Let's move immediately to capture the targets. Try to keep them alive so the locals can give punishment themselves. It will make them happy and agree to talk with us," says Buggy.

The others nod and they immediately spread to find their targets. Deon has located the targets and they just need to go to the locations. With the executives' strength, it will be easy to capture some normal people.

But not every target is a normal person because some of them are rather strong and have many men under them. Buggy, Cricket, and Palu will take care of these people while the rest handle the easier targets.

They split and Buggy goes to the one with the highest authority here, the Mayor. The Mayor has sat in that position since before the Beasts Pirates conquered this island. He immediately becomes their subordinate after knowing their power.

There are many guards in the Mayor's so it will be the most difficult even though the Mayor himself is weak. Some Beasts Pirates are also included as guards and all strong people on the island have been recruited. Those who refused will be killed, so no one dares to refuse.

Buggy reaches the Mayor's residence which is a big mansion. Very contrast with the badly shaped houses in the town. There are some good buildings around the mansion which are used by Beasts Pirates.

"Hmm, they don't care about their citizens at all, huh? Well, this is a usual sight in this world and I can't always meddle in it. But I have a business here, so it's fine if it helps the locals," says Buggy as he walks toward the mansion.

Some guards see him and tell him to stop but he ignores them. Buggy takes out his new pistol and shoots them immediately. The new pistol is very powerful and it can kill them in an instant as long as he hit the correct spots.

"Heh, using a pistol doesn't feel that bad. But the bullets are limited, so let's not use it too often," says Buggy as he switches to his swords again.

Buggy barges into the mansion and many people have waited for him. They have heard the gunshots and waited for Buggy inside. Seeing that he is alone makes them snicker, but then they get surprised when they see Buggy's wrists detached.

"What's wrong? You won't attack? Then I will attack first," says Buggy while grinning.

Buggy uses his old technique, the Spinning Saw Blades by spinning the sword that he holds in his detached hands. He moves them to attack the guards and easily cuts through their defense. None of them can stop Buggy's Spinning Saw Blades and they get defeated in a short time.

"Come out! I don't want to waste my time waiting for some hiding rats," says Buggy calmly.

Suddenly, 3 men and 2 women come out of some different spots. They were hiding and waiting for Buggy to get closer to the mansion so they can ambush him. But he has discovered them first so there's no use for them to hide anymore.

The 5 enemies surround Buggy on all sides and they hold different weapons. The 3 men wield a longsword, double katana, and an axe. As for the 2 women, they wield a spear and a whip. They all look to be in their late 30's or early 40's.

"Come! Don't waste my time," says Buggy with a haughty tone.

"Hmph, you are looking down on us," says the man who wields an axe.

"I am, is that a problem if I look down on weaklings like you?" asks Buggy.

The 5 enemies get angered and they immediately move to attack Buggy. He just waits for their attacks and suddenly his feet are tied by a whip from a woman. Then the other 4 enemies attack him by stabbing or slashing his body with their sharp weapons.

Buggy doesn't fight back or even use A-Haki, so his body gets pierced and cuts into pieces. The enemies are quite dumbfounded by how easy it is to defeat Buggy. They all laugh because Buggy isn't as strong as they thought but then their laugh stop and their body stiffened.

"Sigh, I thought you will give me some entertainment. What a letdown," says Buggy with a disappointed tone.

The 5 enemies are stunned and can't say anything seeing Buggy's body return to normal.

"D-Devil fruit user," says the man who wields double katana in shock.

His words make his comrades shock too and they want to run away because their attacks didn't work on Buggy at all. Their winning chance has disappeared since their previous attack failed. None of them know Buggy's power, but they know their attacks won't work, so they want to escape.

But Buggy won't let them go and he slashes both of his swords horizontally. He makes a circle slash attack that spread everywhere and hits the enemies. However, his slash attack doesn't intend to cut them, so it's not sharp. It's just hit them very strongly and knocks them unconscious.

"Hmm, it still feels strange when an attack from the sword isn't sharp and doesn't cut. But a good swordsman can make their attack sharp or not by will. Still, I don't really like this feeling of failing to cut something," says Buggy before he sighs.

Buggy ignores his feeling and enters the Mayor's mansion. There are more guards there but he can handle them easily with his spinning saw blades. He finally reaches the Mayor's office and finds a fat old man pointing a pistol at him.

"D-Don't move!" says the fat Mayor.

Buggy just walks forward and says, "I've moved, now shoot me."

The fat Mayor trembles and he closes his eyes before he shoots his pistol. He opens his eyes after that and gets shocked seeing Buggy's face in front of his. It makes him jump backward and drops his pistol.

The fat Mayor looks afraid and he says, "H-How?"

"How can I be fine? You won't understand even if I explain it, so just forget it and sleep," says Buggy while crouching in front of the Mayor.

Buggy punches the Mayor's solar plexus and knocks him out. Then he ties the man and takes out his denden mushi to call his friends. "I'm done."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 236 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 247 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)