260. Attack on Kuri

Just like what Kaido & Higurashi said, the situation in Kuri isn't that good. Orochi's army has arrived on Kuri's border and now the 200 men that Oden left are facing them. Compared to the 5000 men in Orochi's group, these 200 people seem to have no chance of winning.

However, the 200 men have a strong samurai as their leader. He is none other than the daimyo of Ringo, Shimotsuki Ushimaru, the descendant of Shimotsuki Ryuma who slain a dragon in the past and owned the black sword, Shusui.

Yasuie is also in Kuri, but he isn't much of a fighter so he doesn't join the battle and stays behind to protect the civilians. Ushimaru is stronger and more suitable to lead a battle to defend Kuri.

Some daimyos who follow Oden have joined the war. Their people also have evacuated to Kuri so they need to defend Kuri at all costs. Although leaving only 200 men to defend Kuri is not enough, they don't have another choice because their total number is far lower than their enemies.

"Orochi, I thought you are in Onigashima now," says Ushimaru.

"Gufuhaha, why should I be there when Kaido is present? He alone is enough to destroy everything you brought there," brags Orochi.

"If that's enough, then I don't see any reason for you to come here," says Ushimaru.

"Reason? Gufufu, I just want to clean up everything so we don't need to do it after we win this war," says Orochi.

The samurais behind Ushimaru clench their fists but Ushimaru stays calm. "Then, let's see who will do the clean-up first," says Ushimaru while unsheathing his katana.

Following Ushimaru, the 200 samurais behind him also unsheath their katana. Of course, the 5000 men on Orochi's side also prepare their weapons. There aren't only samurais but also ninjas on Orochi's side so their weapons vary.

"Gufuhaha, don't worry, Ushimaru. You won't get killed in this war. I will personally set an execution for you in the Flower Capital along with Oden, so be grateful for that," says Orochi.

"That execution, you can reserve it for yourself!" says Ushimaru while pointing his katana at Orochi with an intimidating gaze.

Orochi is taken aback and gets frightened so he takes a step back, falling on his butt.

"Lord Orochi, please don't worry about his threat, he is trying to make you nervous," says Fukurokuju, the head of Oniwabanshu ninja who always stays beside Orochi.

"Y-You're right, he is trying to mess with me. Damn, how dare he use petty tricks on me. I won't forgive him. I will prepare the worst punishment for him later," says Orochi angrily.

"I understand, milord. Now, please give us your command," says Fukurokuju.

"Alright. Then, ATTACK!" shouts Orochi.

*BOOM BOOM BOOM*

Some big explosions happen on the battlefield but they aren't on the Kuri's side. The explosions happen on Orochi's side, inside their formations. No one anticipated this and they all are surprised, be it from Kuri or Orochi's side.

Orochi's men are very confused now and they all become scattered because of the explosions. The samurais on Kuri's side are just as flustered and don't know what to do. They are just watching as Orochi's army formation breaks apart as everyone scatters.

"Wha-What happen?" asks Orochi panicky.

"I-I don't know, milord. But we will protect you so please calm down," says Fukurokuju as some of his men encircle him & Orochi to protect them.

"Master Fukurokuju, it seems there are some people on our side who betray us. They are attacking our men from inside the formation," says someone who comes to report what happened.

"WHAT?! How many?" asks Fukurokuju.

"Just 7 people, Sir," says the man.

"7 people?! Who are they?" asks Orochi angrily.

"They are-", the man can't finish his words because suddenly his neck gets cut and his head falls to the ground.

It surprises Orochi & the ninjas guarding him so they get more defensive. They all look at the one who cut the man's neck which is a young man with rainbow hair who holds a ninjato, Deon.

"Phew, I can finally stop with this facade. I really miss my original face, you know," says Deon while looking at his face's reflection in a small mirror.

"W-Who are you?" asks Orochi.

"You don't recognize me? How sad, we have just met and talked an hour ago, you know," says Deon as he transforms into the ninja's face that he used as a disguise while he infiltrated Orochi's side.

Everyone on Orochi's side is very surprised by this, especially Fukurokuju. He never thought that he would get fooled by a spy and get his group infiltrated. Oniwabanshu is the best ninja group in this country, after all, so they have a high pride to keep their information safe.

But none of that mattered for Deon and he could easily enter the group using his ability. Even his teammates could infiltrate Orochi's side in lower ranks. Fooling Oniwabanshu ninjas weren't as difficult as they thought.

"Yo-You can transform your appearance? No way! That ability is Higurashi's, so no one else can have it as long as Higurashi is still alive," says Orochi.

"Oh, did you mistake my ability to be the same as Clone Clone Fruit? Too bad that they are different kinds of abilities. I won't tell you though," says Deon while smirking and taunting the Oniwabanshu ninjas who guard Orochi with his finger.

The ninjas are angry but they don't move because Fukurokuju hasn't given any command. Then finally, he gives them the command to attack Deon and kill him. Fukurokuju knows that Deon is dangerous and needs to be killed immediately.

"Woah, easy guys. We were comrades, right?" asks Deon lightly while evading the 5 ninjas' pincer attacks.

5 ninjas are attacking him from all sides while the other 4 stay around Orochi to guard him. The 5 ninjas are attacking Deon at the same time and simultaneously. But he can evade all their attacks with precise movements.

Deon hasn't attacked his opponents at all and just keeps on evading. He hasn't done anything except for gathering information for days so he wants to flex his body. Evading the 5 ninjas' attacks is a very good warm-up for him.

'Hmm, my body still feels the same as before so it's good. But I'm not too happy about this because the others must've been improving since we arrived here. My job was just to collect information but it was very busy so I don't have time to train. Sigh, I'm afraid that even Ruff has surpassed me now,' thinks Deon as he evades the attacks.

The 5 ninjas are attacking with all they have but Deon evades them easily. He often sparred against Enel, the fastest man on the crew. These 5 guys are very slow compared to Enel who can move as fast as lightning.

"Even the fatty Manba can move faster than you guys. With this slow speed, you dare call yourself ninjas? So laughable that it's pathetic, making me unable to laugh," says Deon while smirking.

The 5 get angered and Deon just smirks satisfiedly. Then the 5 try to attack him again but suddenly they fall after their feet get hit by something, making them fall. As they fall, their attacks miss and hit each other instead of Deon who still can dodge amidst the chaos.

"Are you alright? Maybe you haven't eaten yet so you are tired," says Deon mockingly.

Everyone gets angry but then they get very surprised when they see a long green scaly tail on Deon's back.

"Yo-You, who are you?" asks Orochi.

Deon just grins and says, "Me? I am the Clown Pirates' best spy, 'Rainbow Hair' Bunglon Deon."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 284 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 295 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)