396. Panic Maverick

Buggy keeps telling Maverick more about this world. Maverick also getting less wary of him and now sits closer to Buggy. He sits on a tree next to the one where Buggy sits and he puts his bow down.

They keep talking without realizing that the night is coming. Only when Maverick's stomach growls that they realize they have been talking for too long. Maverick seems rather frustrated when he realizes it because he hasn't caught any prey today.

"You don't have food?" asks Buggy.

"I have, but they are meant for winter that will come in a week," says Maverick.

"Winter? In a week?" asks Buggy with a rather surprised tone.

Today is very hot, so Buggy thinks this is summer on this island. But then he remembers that Calm Belt is also as absurd as Grandline. Ruskaina is located in Calm Belt and it has 48 seasons a year, so a winter after summer is not that strange.

"Then, do you want to eat on my ship? We have a lot of food and my friends should've hunted some animals too," says Buggy.

Buggy thought that Maverick would be wary of his invitation, but the guy has a horrified expression instead.

"BUGGY, WE NEED TO MEET YOUR FRIENDS NOW!" says Maverick with a panicked tone.

"What's wrong, man? Are you angry that we explore this island?" asks Buggy.

"NO! MOST OF THE ANIMALS HERE ARE VERY POISONOUS. THEY ARE VERY DEADLY AND THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW THEM WELL MIGHT NOT SURVIVE MEETING THEM, NOT TO MENTION EATING THEM," shouts Maverick.

"Oh, alright, let's go," says Buggy without any slight of worry.

They run to the beach where The Clown Pirates dock their ship. Buggy runs from branch to branch and Maverick also does the same. Maverick is far better than Buggy at moving through trees and his movements are very silent even though he is moving fast.

"Damn, you're a real Tarzan," says Buggy.

"What's Tarzan?" asks Maverick while swinging using a vine.

"Uh, well, he is someone in a story who lives in a forest like you," says Buggy.

"Oh, so I am Tarzan," says Maverick.

"Yeah, you're basically him," says Buggy.

It doesn't take long for them to reach the beach and they see The Clown Pirates lying on the beach. Maverick looks very horrified as he thinks that they are dead.

"NO! WE'RE TOO LATE!" shouts Maverick sadly.

The Clowns are very surprised because Maverick is very loud. They jolted and get up before looking at Maverick at the same time with confused expressions. No one there has ever seen Maverick, after all, so they are very confused by a few things now.

Maverick is just as confused as them and he is also very shocked because the dead people return to life again. But then he realizes that they haven't dead, to begin with, so now he is very relieved. This is the first time he ever met with people other than his dead parents, so he was quite excited actually.

"Who's this guy?" asks a man.

"Dunno, maybe it's just Deon transforming into someone else using his Chameleon power," says someone else.

"But Deon is on the ship," says another man while pointing at Deon who sits on the ship's railing.

"..... Then who is that?" asks a Fishman after a short pause.

Everyone gets silent before they realize that Buggy is standing quite close to Maverick. So they all look at him now with expressions that show they demand an explanation.