383. Falling Island

The floating islands keep falling and it doesn't seem like Shiki will wake up soon. So Buggy orders his crewmates to go and help the natives who will surely die if they crash onto the sea below from this altitude. Then he also calls Dragon who manages the rescue of the people on Tequila Wolf.

<Crazy bastard, it's a lot faster than the plan. Why are those islands falling now?> asks Dragon rather angrily.

"Well, something happened, so it finished faster. Just hurry up and leave that place if you don't want to die," says Buggy.

<Fine, it's very lucky that we've saved everyone, so we'll escape,> says Dragon before closing the call.

"What do you mean lucky? I have sent my men last night just so it will finish fast. You are the one who is late," grumbles Buggy while keep slapping Shiki's face to wake him up.

Shiki still hasn't woken up even when the islands have reached half of the distance. He must have taken too much damage and his old self can't handle it that well. Buggy starts to get worried, so he tells Cricket to slap Shiki while he will do something.

He runs to the edge of the island and jumps down without any hesitation. He even pushes himself using the island to descend faster. Buggy then holds his swords and starts cutting the lower parts of the islands.

It might look stupid because cutting the bottom parts won't change anything. But, Buggy's power isn't just about cutting himself or other things. He can levitate the things he cut and now he tries to push the islands up.

Buggy cuts the bottom of all the floating islands and then he pushes them. However, things don't go as planned because instead of the islands being pushed up, he is the one getting pushed down. The problem is he doesn't have any ground to support him and the gravity is against him too.

"FUCK! I FORGET ABOUT GRAVITY, I'M SORRY NEWTON!" shouts Buggy.

Buggy gets pushed to the earth faster, so he stops pushing the islands. He now focuses on controlling his fall so that he won't land on the sea or he will drown. Luckily, Tequila Wolf is massive and it's very high too, so he can see it clearly from the sky.

Although Buggy doesn't have any Skydiving experience, he can control his fall very well because of his sense. He falls very fast and then he finally reaches Tequila Wolf. Buggy crashes onto the massive bridge and the crashing sound is loud enough to startle the ones who escape.

The Revolutionary Army and The Caribbean members are wondering if Buggy is alright. They know it's Buggy who fell because they've seen him falling at a very high speed. The spot where Buggy crash is getting destroyed and falls into the sea.

They think that maybe Buggy also falls into the sea, but then they see a man with long blue hair standing on the edge of the bridge. Buggy is alive and he stands there without any sign of injury. There are only some small rubbles sticking on his clothes and skin.

"No way!" shouts Ivankov in disbelief.

"I can't see it clearly from here, but he doesn't seem to have any injuries. Is he even human?" asks Betty with a shocked expression.

"Remember this scene well, you lot. This is the level of enemies that we will face in the future. Celestial Dragons have people of his caliber at their disposal. We need to grow fast if we want to win," says Dragon.

Everyone looks at Buggy who looks at the falling islands.

"Hey, Dragon, shouldn't we move further?" asks Ivankov.

"Yeah, you guys go as far as you can, I will meet that guy," says Dragon.

"MEET HIM? THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO HAVE A MEETING!" shouts Ivankov, but Dragon has gone from the ship.

Iva keeps yelling angrily, so the other leaders take over the command. All the ships get away from there because when the floating islands fall into the sea, massive tsunami waves will be created and their ships will sink.

"You better come here to help because I don't need a spectator," says Buggy while keeps looking at the falling islands.

Dragon has appeared behind him and now looks at the falling islands too.

"I won't come just to watch," says Dragon.

"Then do it," says Buggy as he spreads his legs and raises his hands to the sky.

Suddenly, Buggy's body gets pushed down as if he is holding something heavy above him. Well, he is holding some islands that have gotten quite close to the ground. He has cut the islands' bottom parts, and he has stood on the ground, so he can levitate those islands.

However, levitation is not his main ability, so it won't be as strong as Shiki's devil fruit. His ability only helps him hold the islands so he can push them. He never tried lifting things as big and heavy as these islands too, so it is very difficult for him now.

The ground where he stands also starts to break because of the pressure. Buggy has strengthened it by flowing his haki into the ground around him. But the weight of several islands falling from the sky is still too much.

Buggy's attempt to stop the falling islands shows results immediately. The islands' falling speed was reduced significantly. They gradually get slower, but they are still fast enough to cause a tsunami that reaches nearby islands.

Then suddenly, some massive tornadoes appear below the falling islands. The wind power pushes the islands up and reduces their falling speed. The burden on Buggy also reduces a lot, so he can push the islands more.

Everyone on the ship watches in astonishment as the falling islands are getting slower and slower. Buggy and Dragon are exerting all their power to stop the islands. They are too focused on it that they don't see an island that will fall right on their spots.

Dragon finally realizes it in the nick of time, "DAMMIT, CLOWN, WE NEED TO LEAVE!"

However, Buggy doesn't hear it because he is very focused on stopping the islands. Dragon knows it, so he grabs and takes Buggy away from there. The islands are close to the sea already, so the people on them will be fine even if the islands fall normally.

"OI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" asks Buggy angrily.

"Saving you," says Dragon while flying away with his wind power.

Buggy realizes what Dragon means immediately when he sees a big island crash onto Tequila Wolf. The falling islands finally land either on the sea or the massive bridge. They destroy the bridge and the ones falling into the sea create big waves, but not enough to affect the nearby islands.

Buggy and Dragon watch in relief because they've prevented a catastrophe on East Blue. Dragon then looks up because he senses something. His eyes widened when he sees many big ships with parachutes descending from the sky.

"What the-," says Dragon in shock.

Buggy who is floating on his own with his awakened ability smirks and says, "They've done it."

"Huh? What do you mean?" asks Dragon.

"My crewmates have rescued the natives. They used Golden Lion Pirates' ships and attached massive parachutes to those ships. Do you think we won't plan things thoroughly?" asks Buggy while grinning.

The Clown Pirates have prepared the parachutes before even reaching the floating islands. They made the parachutes hastily using anything they have. That's why the parachutes are crude, but they work, and that's the most important thing.

Dragon gets even more impressed at Buggy because this means Buggy knew he will win even before fighting Shiki. That just shows how much confidence he has to even prepare for the result even before the war happened.

So Dragon smiles and says, "Truly a man worth the title of Emperor."
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 407 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 418 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)