261. Battles on War

After knowing that Orochi is attacking Kuri, Oden rushes to the port. But on the way, he remembers that he can't sail by himself on the sea. He needs a navigator so he tries to find Jude while Dela is chasing him.

He sees Jude & Brook are in the middle of a fight against the twin knight. Oden barges in and hits the bear & cheetah twin knight away. His entry surprises the ones who are fighting but he doesn't have time to explain everything so he quickly asks Jude.

"Jude-chan, help me return to Kuri. Orochi is attacking Kuri right now," says Oden.

"What?! But I can't leave Brook to fight by himself against those 2," says Jude while pointing at the twins who look fine after getting hit by Oden.

"Hahaha, it will be useless even if you return now. Kuri must've been destroyed by now," says the Bearman.

"Yeah, Orochi has some interesting guys on his side. Also, Queen lent him some weapons to destroy Kuri," says the cheetah-woman.

"Tsk, it seems we need to go now. Brook, can I leave them to you?" asks Jude.

"Yes, don't worry, and help Mr. Oden," says Brook.

"Brook is right, just go," says Manba who walks calmly toward them.

"Manba!?" says Jude in surprise.

"I will help Brook, so you just go back to Kuri with Oden & Dela. Deon must've made his move but it will be difficult for him & his team to defend against Orochi's group. He will be able to stall some time though, so it isn't over yet," says Manba.

"I see, then we need to go now," says Jude.

"Who's Deon?" asks Oden confusedly.

"Our crewmate who infiltrated Orochi's side. He didn't report anything about Orochi's attack on Kuri though, so there must be some situations. But he & his team should be able to hold against Orochi's group. There are also many samurais that stay guard, right? They must've been holding Orochi's group now so we still have time. Let's go," says Jude before she runs to the port.

Oden & Dela follow Jude to the port while Manba & Brook hold the twin knight. Manba now takes the defensive role while Brook becomes the attacker. With Manba's build and strength, he is more suitable to face the Bearman instead of the cheetah-woman, after all.

"You won't go anywhere. Let's do it, Brook," says Manba.

"Yes," says Brook before he suddenly plays his guitar that was nowhere to be seen before.

While the 2 of them hold the twin knight, Oden, Jude, & Dela keep running to the port. Some enemies try to stop them but Oden easily pushes them away with his sword strikes. They won't die because Oden just pushes them to get out of his way.

The 3 finally arrive at the port and immediately get on Black Pearl. Jude & Dela immediately turn their ship's engine on without unfurling the sail. It will be faster to use the engine than the wind power.

As they leave Onigashima, the 3 look at Onigashima's rooftop because they hear loud sounds from there. They see Kaido in dragon form shooting giant wind blades. They know that Buggy is facing Kaido now but they can only put their faith in Buggy.

"Captain will be fine. He is the most working hard person on our crew. I've always seen Captain's strength improve every single day since I joined the crew. Cricket even said once to me that Captain can defeat everyone in the crew even if we attack him together," says Jude.

Oden smiles and says, "I never worried about him. I know his strength very well after fighting him many times in these last few days. Buggyjiro is very strong and if we fight all out, then he has a high winning chance against me. His growth since we part ways has really surprised me. He might even surpass Roger or Whitey-chan in a few years."

"Whitey-chan?" asks Jude confusedly.

"I think it's Shirohige," says Dela.

"Oh, well, of course, he will. Captain will surely be the strongest in the world, everyone in the crew believes it," says Jude confidently.

"Your crew is really good," says Oden while smiling and looking at Onigashima's rooftop.

The 3 then see the dragon Kaido land on the rooftop and disappear. They know that Kaido has transformed into a smaller form to fight Buggy at one on one more seriously. The dragon form is too big and inefficient against one opponent.

They stop looking at the rooftop and focus on going back to Kuri. Their priority is to reach Kuri as fast as possible to stop Orochi's army. They can leave the war on Onigashima to their comrades that they believe.

The war on Onigashima has turned in their favor since the Clowns bombard the enemies using their explosive bullets & grenades. They've reduced the enemy's number a lot because many have been killed and gravely injured by the explosions.

Right now, the Clowns & Kozuki's samurais are having fierce battles against Beasts Pirates & Orochi's men who are here. They have the upper hand, but it doesn't mean the battles are easy even though the enemy's number has been reduced because the ones who survived the explosions are the stronger ones.

Bastia, the Owl Zoan user who leads the Clowns frontline is giving commands to his comrades while fighting a Bat Zoan user. They fight in the air while flying and Bastia is having a hard time. He needs to keep watching the battlefield's situation while fighting.

His fight becomes harder because the Bat Zoan user has a troublesome ability. The bat can create a supersonic sound that disrupts his concentration and even injure him from the inside. If his body is not tough enough, then he would have died now.

*BANG*

Suddenly, the batman gets shot in the stomach and creates an opening. Bastia doesn't waste his chance and attacks even though blood still comes out of his ears, eyes, nose, & mouth because his insides are injured quite badly.

He grabs the batman's head & left shoulder using his sharp claws. Then he dives fast to the floor and slams the batman. He hasn't finished yet and he increases his grip strength, making his sharp claws pierce the batman's head.

"*Huft Huft* he finally died," says Bastia as he sees the batman returns to his human form.

Bastia looks back at Dini the sniper who shot the batman's stomach and raises his thumb. Dini also raises her thumb and then continues to attack the enemies. She is leading the sniper group to assist their comrades on the frontline.

Dini's sniper group stays rather far from the battlefield and at a rather high ground. They are on a side of the 3rd floor that has almost collapsed. It is near the entrance that the Clowns have destroyed when they have just arrived at the port.

The snipers can have good views of the battlefield from the 3rd floor. They can see the frontliners who fight head-on against the enemies using melee weapons. They also can see the gunners who wield riffles move on the flanks.

Dani, Dini's male twin sibling is leading the gunners to attack from the flanks. They use semi-automatic rifles that can shoot many bullets in a few seconds. The gunners move on the flanks and target the enemies that are on the sides.

Their target is to block the enemies' movement and reach the enemy's back line. The gunners' number isn't that high but they are very effective in their attack and have killed or injured many enemies. Their rifles are very deadly and most enemies can't defend against their attacks.

Cricket who watches their men dominating the war as he fights King is very satisfied. "Things look very good on our side. It's just a matter of time for you to get defeated."

"Why are you so smug just because you defeat the weaklings. As long as Master Kaido is not defeated, you won't have a chance of winning," says King.

"So it's just that. Then we will win for sure because Captain will win," says Cricket as he jumps to attack King.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 285 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 296 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)