338. Steam Wall

The Clown Pirates are in a dilemma right now because their way is blocked by a very hot sea. It's so hot that the seawater is evaporating and the steam is very thick like a cloud. Even a Seaking that entered the arena gets cooked by the hot water.

There is no doubt that the water in that area is boiling hard. Even from a 1 km distance, the Clown Pirates can feel the heat already. It already felt like they are in a desert, so the steaming area must've felt like the inside of a volcano.

"What do you think, Ruff?" asks Buggy.

"Hmm, I could make heat resistance clothes for all of us here, but it will take time. Also, we don't know how wide that area is and how hot it is in the center. The clothes might not be able to work if the heat is too strong. Besides, there will be a lack of oxygen there because of all the steam. We will inhale water vapor instead of oxygen, which is very dangerous. And even if somehow the clothes can help us through, our supplies will get cooked by the heat. The ship is strong so it should be able to handle that heat, but our food, water, or even clothes won't," says Ruff.

"What if you just cover the entire ship?" asks Yamato.

Everyone looks at Yamato strangely and she doesn't understand why.

"What?" asks Yamato confusedly.

"Yamato-chan, you know how big our ship is, right? Do you think that we have enough materials to cover the whole ship?" asks Elen.

"Ah, hehe, sorry," says Yamato in realization.

"Well, we still need a solution, so anyone has an idea?" asks Buggy.

Everyone is silent and thinks of what to do, but they can't think of anything to cross the steaming area safely.

"Hmm, I guess the safest way is going around it. The problem is we don't know how long & wide this steaming area is," says Cricket.

"Will that be possible, Jude?" asks Buggy.

"Yes, I can still navigate just fine even if we take a detour. But just like what Vice-Captain said, the problem is we don't know how long & wide the area is," says Jude.

"Then let's try to check it. Fishmen squad, can you guys check underwater? The source of the heated area might be some underwater volcanoes or something like that. No need to get too close, just try to find the range," says Buggy.

The Fishmen on the ship nod and then they jump into the sea. They've expected it, but the sea is quite warm here. Luckily, it's not too hot yet, so they can swim without any problem and dive into the sea. Sometime later, they come out and tell the crew what they saw.

"Uhm, there's only one volcano down there. But it's very long and the lava stream is all over the place. Also, it seems that the volcano is shaped into a circle, but we can't see the other side," says an Orca Fishman.

"Yeah, it seems like something is blocking our view. We couldn't see it well because there are many air bubbles from the boiling water. But we should be able to see the glowing lava quite easily. So there must be something that blocked our view. And we speculate that it's an island," says a Shark Fishman.

The others get surprised because most probably it's the island that the Log Pose pointed to.

"Hmm, we need to check if it's really the island. Enel! I choose you," says Buggy while pointing at the thick steam wall.

He calls Enel as if he is choosing a Pokemon. Enel doesn't know it but it's still pissing him off.

"No way!" says Enel pissedly.

"Come on, you are lightning, you can move through that thick steam wall in a flash to see what's on the other side," says Buggy.

"No! Why is it always me who needs to do this kind of work? Ask someone else," says Enel in protest.