279. Post War

Buggy's surgery goes really well because it becomes a lot easier with Buggy's ability. Manba doesn't need to open Buggy's body to operate on him. He can split his body and Manba just needs to do the surgical procedures on the chopped body parts.

The surgery only takes a little less than an hour even though there are many procedures and Manba does it alone. Surgery isn't Manba's specialty so it usually takes him a rather long time. Cricket & the others haven't even returned from Onigashima.

In the meantime, Deon & Jude go to Onigashima using the Black Pearl together with some people who are healthy enough to help. There aren't enough ships to take everyone back. They also need to take the defeated enemies as prisoners so they need more ships & people.

In this war, the Clowns lost 6 people, 11 are gravely injured with 4 of them losing a limb or two. But Manba has treated them before he returned to Kuri so their lives aren't in danger. Ruff also promised to make prosthetic limbs for them using the data he gets from Queen's research.

Making prosthetic organs isn't Ruff's specialty and he never made it before. He is specialized in making weapons so the data from Queen is very valuable for him. Now he should be able to make robotic body parts to help his comrades.

With this, the Clowns can also recruit their ex-crewmates who left the crew after losing their arms or legs. Those guys still want to sail but they can't fight well with their condition. They will die easily like that so they retired from the crew.

While the Clowns lost 6 people, the samurais lost more people. More than 500 people died and more than 2000 are gravely injured. Those numbers are actually lower than their expectation because they all were ready to get annihilated against the enemy's massive number.

The Clowns' help and the Red Scabbards' strength were big factors in their high survival rate. Luckily, none of the Red Scabbards died in this war. They didn't fight against enemies at Beasts Pirates executives level so they have it easier than the Clowns executives.

However, Inuarashi & Ashura lost one of their arms while the others also get big wounds on their bodies. Even though they didn't fight foes that were too strong, they were still fighting against thousands of people.

Manba's medical team is working hard to treat the injured ones now. They prioritize the ones with grave injuries but only treat them enough to prevent them from dying. This is necessary because they need to treat a lot of people with limited personnel.

As for the ones with light injuries or those who aren't in life-threatening situations, the medical team doesn't treat them yet. They were just told to wash and disinfect their wounds for now. As fighters who often get injured, they are used to treat flesh wounds, so there is no problem.

Sometime later, the Black Pearl arrives and they start to make a move. They take the injured people, the deceased ones, and the captured enemies to the ship. The Clowns also didn't forget to loot the base.

They will leave some men to loot this place while the others return to Kuri. The Black Pearl will return later to take the loot. As pirates, they just can't leave empty-handed after winning a war against another crew.

Yamato is also brought to Kuri after Alan & Elen talked to Mantis. She decided to free Yamato first and asked Buggy about her later. Yamato is Kaido's daughter so Mantis can't just decide anything on her own.

Not only Yamato, but they also bring Little Jack back to Kuri. But they tied him using seastone chains and even tied his mouth because he kept trying to attack them while threatening them. They were very disturbed by him so they do what was necessary.

King, Queen, and the other captured enemies are also tied up using seastone chains or handcuffs. There are a lot of seastone items on Wano and Beasts Pirates have many in their possession. But now those items are used on them instead of their enemies.

As for the dead enemies including Jack, they all are placed on a bad-shaped ship. Then they burn the ship before releasing it to the sea like Viking's funeral. It's not that they want to copy that, they just want to remove the dead bodies immediately, and this is the fastest & easiest way.

"How's Captain?" asks Cricket on their way to Kuri while having his injuries treated by a nurse from Manba's team.

"He has many injuries but Manba said his life isn't in danger. You know him the best so you should know just how resilient he is," says Deon.

"Yeah, but I'm still worried about him. His opponent in this war is different from anyone he has faced so far. Ah, I take it back, Kaido might be the 2nd place in the list of Captain's strongest opponents. Even if Captain can defeat Kaido, he might still be unable to win against that guy," says Cricket as he remembers something.

Alan gets curious so he asks, "If someone like Kaido is 2nd, then who is the 1st?"

Elen also gets curious and so is Yamato who wants to know the one who is stronger than someone who can defeat her father.

Jude who listens to their conversation then says, "Ah, you must've talked about that old man."

"Yeah, I couldn't assess his power at that time but even I know that we are still not at his level. The one that I meant is the Marine Hero, Garp 'The Fist', who is said to be on par with Pirate King Roger," says Cricket.

"What?! Captain has fought against Garp?" asks Alan with a very surprised expression. Elen & Yamato also get surprised because Garp is very famous that even Yamato who doesn't know much about the outside world knows about him.

"I won't even call it a fight, it's just a one-sided battle. Captain couldn't even touch Garp's hair and just get beaten up by Garp. We thought that he would die that time but luckily he survived. Garp was going easy on him and us. If that old man wanted it, he could kill all of us there in a short time with how weak we were at that time," says Cricket with a bitter smile.

Yamato then timidly raises her hand to ask, "I-If Vice-Admiral Garp fight against my father, then how will it goes?"

"He might just need a few punches to knock Kaido out. Kaido might be a beast, but that old man is an absolute monster. He is called the strongest Marine alive for a reason. Garp is still in his prime too, so he still has his full power. So he is still as strong or even stronger than when Pirate King Roger was still alive," says Cricket without any hesitation.

The kids are amazed by that but the adults can only see it as a big problem. By defeating Beasts Pirates, they've shown that they have gotten stronger, and become a bigger threat to the World government & Marine. There's no doubt that their bounties will increase after this.

Sure, they are happy that their bounties will raise and so is their fame. But that also means that they will face stronger enemies, be they pirates, the World Government, Marine, or other organizations. Those people will just give them more headaches and a hard time.

Also, Marine & WG will surely send people at the Admiral level to hunt them. Sengoku & Garp are the ones with the highest possibility to be sent for them. The ones who hunted Pirate King Roger will hunt them now, so they need to get even stronger.

"Sigh, let's stop thinking about it and just enjoy this victory. Tomorrow's problem is for tomorrow us," says Cricket as he gives up on thinking.

The other adults agree while the kids can't understand it. Anyway, they just keep going to Kuri and stop thinking about the troublesome future.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 303 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 314 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)