335. Upgrading

The woods have been dried perfectly and they've shrunk a bit. Buggy takes out one of his swords, Pollux that has Press Press Fruit. His plan is to use Pollux to compress the woods and makes them as hard as steel, maybe even harder because they are very hard, to begin with.

Buggy has used Pollux & Castor a lot and improved their abilities. He still can't awaken them though as it is very difficult to awaken devil fruits that aren't his. It doesn't matter though because he isn't in a rush to achieve that.

Then using Pollux, Buggy compresses the woods by touching them with Pollux one by one. White light covers the woods as Buggy uses Pollux's power on them. Then they shrink considerably until they become just a third of their initial sizes.

"Oh, I didn't think they would shrink this much. Will these be enough?" asks Buggy while looking at the woods that become rather black.

"I think they're enough. These woods are still big even though they've become much smaller. We can always cut more trees if these aren't enough, after all," says Palu while inspecting the woods.

"Well, you're right. Now, let's test the hardness. Magnus, take one and put it outside the shed," says Buggy.

Magnus nods and takes a wood before putting it outside of the shed. Buggy then asks his crewmates to try punching the compressed wood. They get excited and start making bets on how deep they'll dent the wood.

The kids start first and obviously, they can't damage it at all even when they use their devil fruit abilities. Then the adults start taking turns, but only men participate, the women just don't get interested.

The crew members start punching the wood in turns and to their surprise, none of them can damage the wood too. They even use their weapons, but they can only scratch the wood at best. These guys can break or cut steel, yet they can't damage the wood.

"Isn't this wood become harder than Adam now?" asks Manba.

"Probably," says Deon.

"Then how if we compress Adam too?" asks Brook.

"I don't think that's a good idea. The Adam wood is the base structure of our ship. If we shrink it, then our ship will be far smaller. And we can't replace Adam too because that means we are changing our ship," says Ruff.

"Ruff is right, and even if our Lord can compress Adam without reducing the ship's size, we still won't do it anyway. If Adam gets compressed, the ship will be too stiff, and that's not good because it might break in some situations. Also, I want to apply the method that Wano's swordsmiths use to make a sword. They use softer steel inside the sword and the harder steel outside which makes their swords stronger," says Palu.

"So you will encase the base structures that are made of adam wood using these woods?" asks Enel.

"Correct, that will be better than replacing the adam wood," says Palu.

"Well, leave the ship upgrade to Palu & his team. We just need to focus on other things. Don't forget that we still have 6 months here, and we will fight giant beasts at that time to get stronger," says Cricket.

The Clowns have just remembered and then Buggy ads, "Ah, before we start that, we need to take out every stuff in the ship. Palu, make a place to store everything today, we will start taking out the stuff tomorrow."

After Buggy gave his order, Palu's team start to build a place to store the stuff on their ship. They will also build sheds for the crew's sleeping places later. When their ship is getting rebuilt, the crew will need places to sleep, after all.

While Palu's team work on those, the others are making a dock for Palu's team to work on the ship. They dig a wide area of the coast with Palu's instructions. His team can build the buildings on their own, so he can instruct the others.