271. The Kids Again

Just like the adults, the kids also have a fierce fight. Alan & Little Jack are still going at it on the 1st floor after Alan lured Little Jack out of the basement. With more space, Alan can move far easier than before.

He can avoid Little Jack's Mammoth attack easily and attack Little Jack after that. The Mammoth's thick fur & skin are nothing against Alan's acid power. His acid melts Little Jack's fur and burns the thick skin.

Little Jack still can't use any form of Haki now so he can't protect himself from Alan's acid. Well, he is 8 y.o now so being unable to use Haki is normal. He will be a monster if he can use it at his current age.

After he keeps getting damaged, Little Jack finally decides to transform. His big Mammoth body is a disadvantage because it makes him become an easy target. So he gets smaller by transforming into his hybrid form.

The injuries that he received from Alan moved their positions accordingly. But because his body is getting smaller, the injuries also get smaller. It doesn't make him feel better though because the burnt from acid is very painful.

Little Jack holds his sickle-like blades and attacks Alan. But Alan just smirks and moves agilely to avoid Little Jack's attacks. Alan doesn't lose his ground even against Little Jack's hybrid form.

But slowly, Little Jack's attacks become fiercer and stronger. He is driven by his rage that keeps increasing because Alan keeps dodging his attacks and countering them. It makes Little Jack angry and his attacks become more violent.

'Heh, his attacks get stronger, but they also become more predictable. I can play with him for a while. It is a rare chance for me to fight a devil fruit user, after all,' thinks Alan.

Alan keeps dodging Little Jack's attacks. He also uses a different kind of acid under his feet now. This acid is very slippery and allows him to slide on the floor very fast. It is not a strong acid but it has good use.

He also uses the slippery acid to parry Little Jack's attack. The sharp blades are useless against his slippery hands. Furthermore, the acid slowly corrodes Little Jack's blades. Even if it's weak, acid still can corrode steel.

'I can't use Haki yet, but if I can make any attack slip like this then there won't be a problem even if I can't use Haki,' thinks Alan while smirking smugly.

Alan & Little Jack keep fighting fiercely. If outsider sees it, they will think that Little Jack is dominating the fight because Alan keeps dodging. But actually, Alan is playing with Jack to hone his skills.

The level difference between these 2 is very clear. Alan is stronger than Little Jack and has more battle experience. He is just using Little Jack as a training partner to hone his fighting skills and devil fruit's usage.

Alan has just gotten his devil fruit a few months ago. He still hasn't fully understood his devil fruit and has only found a few usages. But these usages are very compatible with his fighting style that he has trained since he joined the crew.

The problem is he doesn't have many chances to use it in real battles. Buggy & the executives rarely send Alan & Elen to battle tough opponents. So they have low experience against strong opponents like Little Jack.

Even if Little Jack is just 8 y.o now, he is stronger than most adults. He is stronger than most opponents that Alan has faced so far. That's why Alan wants to use this chance to hone his skills.

Different from Alan, Elen doesn't like fighting that much. She'll still fight if needed but she won't take the initiative. Just like now after Alan & Little Jack left the basement.

She is left alone with a little girl that gets confined in a prison. Elen chooses to not attack her and talks to her instead. Besides, the little girl is in the prison of Beasts Pirates, so she shouldn't have a good relationship with them.

"Uhm, hi, I'm Elen. What's your name?" asks Elen shyly.

"Yamato," says the little girl while looking down.

"So, Yamato, why did you get imprisoned here?" asks Elen.

".... My father put me in here after I told him that I want to be like Oden," says Yamato.

"Oden? Why would you want to be like him?" asks Elen curiously.

"Because Oden is the one who has made my father afraid. It was my first time seeing my father so flustered and prepare for a war thoroughly. Usually, he will just think of war as a game but he takes this war very seriously. Then I heard that my father is very wary of Oden. A man who can make my father wary, I really want to be like him," says Yamato with sparkling eyes.

".... Uh, who is your father?" asks Elen.

"Kaido," says Yamato nonchalantly.

Elen has a horror face and screams in her heart. She never thought that Yamato is Kaido's daughter.

'Of course, he will put you here if you say you like his enemy more than him,' thinks Elen.

Elen wants to leave Yamato because it will be bad to interact with Kaido's daughter. She doesn't want to fight so it's better to just leave. But then she sees a handcuff on Yamato's hands which looks somewhat familiar.

"Hey, what is that handcuff?" asks Elen.

"Oh, this? My father put it on me, saying that they will explode if I leave Wano without his permission. Heh, I'm sure he just wants to scare me using this. But even if he doesn't do it, I still won't leave Wano because I want to become a samurai," says Yamato.

Elen is speechless but then she says, "Uhm, I think that handcuff is real. I haven't seen the handcuff type, but I've seen the collar type. The World Nobles use it on their slaves and I've seen it once on Sabaody. They look similar to your handcuff except that they are collars," says Elen.

Yamato gets scared but she still doubts it because she still believes that her father won't kill her. He might beat her some time but not to the point that she will die. So she thinks that Kaido won't kill her, his daughter.

Elen also believes that Kaido won't do it no matter how cruel he is. Yamato is still his daughter, after all, and he won't kill his daughter. Both of them just don't know how cruel that bastard can be.

'Hmm, Kaido's daughter, huh? I feel like I've forgotten something. Well, I'll just ask Alan later,' thinks Elen.

Elen is still wary of Yamato who is Kaido's daughter. But it has been a long time since she talks with a girl her age so she encourages herself to talk with Yamato. She tries to talk about girly stuff but Yamato doesn't understand it.

Yamato just talks about samurai this, samurai that, pirate this, pirate that, fighting this, fighting that, and things that she saw on Wano. From this alone, Elen knows that Yamato never knows about the outside world.

"Eh, why are you crying?" asks Yamato flusteredly when she sees Elen sobs.

"*Sobs sobs* How could you never know about the outside world even though you are Kaido's daughter. What a pitiful soul. Captain always said that Great Pirates always seek adventure. So he should take you on an adventure. He should have taken his daughter to explore the world. But he confines you here instead, Kaido that bastard, I won't forgive him," says Elen while wiping her tears.

Elen suddenly grabs the flustered Yamato's hands, "Don't worry, Yamato-chan, I will ask Captain to take you out of here. We will explore the world together and I will turn you into a fine girl."

Yamato is stunned to see Elen being so serious. She doesn't know why Elen suddenly said that and she doesn't understand it. But she knows that she can't reject Elen whose eyes are very firm & serious.

So Yamato can only say, "Y-Yeah, thank you?"
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 295 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 306 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)