227. Kozuki Oden

The strong presence is approaching fast so Buggy gets ready and prepares his swords. A moment later, a big & tall man with flat circular hair on top appears. The man has angry & haggard expressions as he jumps and swings his twin katana at Buggy from above.

*CLANG*

Buggy blocks the attack with his own twin Kopis swords. The clash creates a lightning-like effect and a strong shockwave. It makes the Clowns surprised because the last time it happened was when Buggy clashed with Hawk-Eyes a few months ago.

"Long time no see, Oden," says Buggy while grinning.

"You know me? Who are-?! Wait! That red nose, Buggyjiro!" says Oden in surprise.

Buggy is pleased that Oden remembers him, but the reason and the way Oden calls him are making him pissed. It makes Buggy has a big tick mark on his forehead and then he exerts more power on his swords to push Oden back.

"I TOLD YOU, STOP CALLING ME JIRO!" shouts Buggy as he swings his swords with more power.

Oden widens his eyes as he gets pushed by Buggy and flung back with high speed. He crashes onto the trees behind and destroys a lot of them until he stops himself. Buggy's strength has surprised Oden because it is much higher than a few years ago.

Oden runs back to Buggy while laughing, "Hahaha, you have become very strong, Buggyjiro. And you even dare to clash with me, unlike your old self who always preferred escaping. You are not the same cowardly boy as back then."

"Of course, it's been years since we parted ways. There's no way I will stay the same," says Buggy while sheathing his swords.

Oden smiles and says, "But I never thought that I would meet you again. It's been 5 years I think. You seem to be doing well."

"Yeah, my crew grows well these years. My years of experience as an apprentice in Roger Pirates are very useful. But I can't say the same to you, Oden," says Buggy as he looks at Oden's clothes.

There are many patches on Oden's clothes that make him look poor. It's very contrast with his status as a daimyo who should live in luxuries. Buggy knows the reason, but he acts as if he doesn't know anything.

Oden also has this haggard expression even though it's not too clear. What happened in Wano must have stressed him a lot. He has held off against Kaido & Orochi for years now. Buggy can't imagine Oden's feeling at all, it must've been very terrible.

They talk casually and Buggy introduces his crew but Deon is nowhere to be seen. Oden doesn't say anything about his country's problem while they talk though. Then some people who followed Oden finally arrived.

They are the Nine Red Scabbards, but there are only 5 of them who come here. They ran as fast as they could but Oden was just too fast, so they've just arrived now. The 5 of them are running out of breath, but they still take a battle position to fight the invaders.

"ODEN-SAMA, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" asks Kin'emon.

"I'm fine, don't worry. Also, put your swords down, they're not enemies," says Oden while hugging Buggy's shoulders.

Oden introduces the 5 which are Kin'emon, Kanjuro, Kawamatsu, Inuarashi, & Nekomamushi.
Then he introduces Buggy & his crew to them and the 5 sheaths their weapons after knowing that Buggy was Oden's friend.

Inuarashi & Nekomamushi also finally remember Buggy even though they've just met for a short time in the past. Buggy is happy to see the cat & dog minks, they are very funny, after all. Then he looks at the other 3 and his gaze stops at Kanjuro for a moment. He wants to kill this guy now if he can, but that will just cause problems.