381. Buggy vs Shiki

Shiki flies at a high speed toward Buggy who has landed on the ground and attacks using his sword legs. Now, Shiki finally uses his Armament Haki on his sword legs because, without it, he will never be able to injure Buggy using swords.

Buggy also uses his swords now because even if Shiki has gotten weaker, the old guy must still have the skills that have been engraved into his bones. So Buggy thinks he'll be able to learn a few things by fighting Shiki. Buggy treats this as a battle of swordsmen for now.

Shiki is floating while he attacks Buggy, so he can make unusual moves while maneuvering freely. He sends a high sidekick slash with his right sword leg which Buggy dodges by ducking a little. But then Shiki spins his body and sends a vertical slash kick with his left sword leg as Buggy ducks.

Buggy's body gets cut by Shiki's haki-coated left sword leg. But he doesn't get any damage because Buggy was splitting his body when the sword slashed him. His advanced Observation Haki made it possible for him to split his body right when the sword cuts him.

Shiki is surprised by it, but he stays calm and keeps focusing on Buggy who now sends a side slash. So he evades it by flying higher and then he attacks Buggy again by stabbing both his sword legs down at Buggy who raises both his swords from above.

Buggy blocks Shiki's sword legs with the sides of his swords. Then Buggy uses more strength and pushes Shiki back up. After that, Buggy sends a cross-slash attack toward Shiki who gets pushed quite hard.

Shiki evades the cross slash by flying sideways at the nick of time. But then he widens his eyes when he sees Buggy has arrived in front of him right after he evaded the cross slash. He sees Buggy swing the left sword upward diagonally, so he uses his right sword leg to block it.

Buggy had more physical power than him, so he gets pushed even further. He widens his eyes in disbelief when he sees Buggy send another attack while descending to the ground. Buggy spins his body while slashing his swords to create a slashing tornado like Zoro's skill.

But Buggy's slashing tornado is bigger & stronger than what Zoro ever displayed so far, and it's dark blue. It also moves very fast, so Shiki doesn't have any chance to evade. The only thing Shiki can do is cover his body with Armament Haki in a defensive stance.

The dark blue slashing tornado hits Shiki and grinds him from all sides. It's like he's being trapped inside a spinning washing machine that had blades on its walls. Well, not like he knows what a washing machine is, and surely he isn't a step-pirate just because he is a pirate trapped in a washing machine.

It takes a while until the slashing tornado disappears. Shiki comes out of it in a rather bad shape. He has many cuts on his clothes, skin, and even his hair is getting cut, including the top part of the ship steering wheel stuck on his head.

Shiki's expression also changes now. He looks very serious and his gaze is very sharp. He looks very different from before when he still showed some expressions and talk while being angry. But now, he only has this cold serious expression.

Buggy's last attack has made him fully realize that there is a big gap between them. If Buggy decides to go all out, then he would get defeated instantly. But Buggy doesn't do it, so Shiki knows that Buggy is either playing with him or just testing him.

Either way, it's a fact that he is weaker than Buggy now. He knows that hiding for years has made him weaker, but he gets far weaker than he thought. Even his rival's apprentice has surpassed him now.

Shiki considers Roger his greatest rival, so having his rival's apprentice surpass him makes him feel miserable. He still can't reach Roger even when the man has died for years. It makes him wonder if doing his long plan is the wrong choice.

Buggy grins when he sees that Shiki has finally become serious. Now, Shiki should be able to fight better, so it should be more interesting. Although he doesn't hope for much, having a stronger Shiki as an opponent is better than the previous one.

Shiki might've gotten weaker physically, but his skills should remain. If Shiki can optimize his skills, then even with a weaker body, he should still give Buggy a decent fight. It will be better if Shiki can give him a difficult fight because not many people can give it to him now.

"Come on, Shiki! Fight me with everything you have. I'm sure you've realized it now, I'm stronger than you. So if you don't go all out, you will perish because I won't let you live if I win," says Buggy while grinning.

However, Shiki just stays silent because he wants to concentrate more. Buggy just grins and then he sends a vertical slash attack toward Shiki who floats quite high. Shiki looks at the incoming attack and instead of getting away, he flies toward it.

Then in the nick of time, Shiki moves aside to evade the slash attack. He keeps flying down fast toward Buggy though and Buggy grins as he sees Shiki getting closer. Shiki arrives in a short time and then he moves his sword legs to attack Buggy.

Shiki's attacks are much faster now because he uses his devil fruit ability to increase his speed. His floating ability can reduce the gravity effect on his body, so he can move faster while floating. Even so, he is still not too fast for Buggy who has greater physical strength which makes him able to move fast.

Buggy counters all Shiki's attacks without getting pushed at all. His short Kopis swords also really help him make swift movements to fight Shiki's fast attacks. Both of them are dual-wielding swordsmen, so Buggy doesn't have any problem facing each of Shiki's swords.

Shiki's attacks get faster and more complicated as the battle goes on. He is getting better and better as time passes. His battle sense returns to him slowly as he faces a great opponent. And Buggy is happy about it because the fight is getting better too.

On the side, Buggy's crewmates are watching the fight as if they are watching a show. Although they are still fighting, they still have time to watch another fight. Their opponents aren't that much and they can win faster, but they still want to play, so they don't get serious at all.

All of them are fighting using exaggerated movie moves that aren't effective in battle. They also pose every once in a while and shout some cheesy move names before attacking. Yet, they still overwhelm their opponents and dominate the war even with fewer people.

"UNBLOCKABLE HUMAN ROCKET SHOT!" shouts Deon before jumping fast to the front and straightening his body to hit his opponent with his head.

"DESTROYING THE EARTH: FALLING MOON ON THE LAND!" shouts Magnus while posing with one hand on the ground and the other in the air. Then he jumps quite high and curls up before falling among the enemies.

Meanwhile, Enel jumps at his opponent at a slow speed and sends his feet first. His opponent catches his feet, but then Enel parts his legs very wide and crosses his hands. "Take this attack taught to me by the Lord himself! THUNDER CROSS SPLIT ATTACK!"

"CRUSH MINE ENEMIES: HAMMER OF JUDGMENT DAY!" shouts Palu while striking his Warhammer down at his opponent.

Everyone is competing on who can make the cheesiest attack names. Cricket isn't interested in that though, he just wants to use a martial art that Buggy showed a few times, the Drunken Fist Kung Fu. Buggy showed it to the crew a few times when they were drunk at parties.

Cricket thinks that it's interesting so he trains it many times. Now he wants to test it against a real opponent. He has a gourd filled with alcohol in his left hand while fighting his opponent like the Drunken Master. All The Clowns are just messing around in this war.
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 405 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 416 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)