253. Palu vs Queen

Queen who sees the scale of explosions caused by the Clowns weapons is getting pissed. He is a scientist who researches weapons just like Ruff. He is pissed because someone from a small crew like the Clowns can make such strong weapons.

Queen is actually jealous because he keeps seeing the Clowns' advanced weapons. Just from seeing the weapons, he knows that the scientist in the Clowns is very talented and gets a lot of funding. Even Queen isn't sure that he can make all those weapons, especially the railgun. He just can't understand how that weapon works.

*BAM*

Suddenly, Queen's brachiosaurus's front left foot is being hit by a strong attack, making him fall. He is distracted by the weapons and forgets that he is fighting Palu currently. Palu isn't someone that he can underestimate like this.

That previous attack is very strong because Palu used all his strength with Hasshoken too. He knew that Queen is distracted and he used that chance well. So the damage on Queen's foot is very big as it even twisted Queen's ankle.

"ARGH! HOW CAN YOU ATTACK A DEFENSELESS PERSON?" asks Queen while whining.

"Why can't I? This is not a fair battle, this is a war of pirates. There is no such thing as fairness in the world of pirates. That's just the excuse for weaklings," says Palu before he rushes to strike Queen's long head.

Queen clicks his tongue and suddenly he transforms into his hybrid form. His size reduces greatly so he can avoid Palu's attack. He stands while holding his twisted left wrist and looks at Palu angrily.

The reason Queen changes his size isn't just to avoid Palu's attack. In his full brachiosaurus form, his left front leg is twisted, making him unable to stand normally. So he transformed into his hybrid form because that front left leg is his left hand.

He needs all 4 limbs to stand in brachiosaurus form but he just needs 2 in human & hybrid forms. At least now he can stand although fighting with a twisted wrist will be a different matter.

However, Queen has a solution to that problem. He calls his men to take something from his lab while he defends Palu's attacks using his right hand & tail. Queen is still far bigger & taller than Palu in his hybrid form so he has a good range of motion to defend against Palu's attacks.

But defending Palu's attacks with only 1 hand is difficult. His tail is strong but he can't move it as nimble as his hands. Furthermore, Palu uses Hasshoken, making his attacks stronger, so it's getting difficult for Queen to defend.

Luckily for Queen, his men soon return carrying a big box. He immediately gets away from Palu and throws some Beasts Pirates in Palu's direction. These small fries are used to buy him some time because Palu never stops chasing him and just attacks relentlessly.

Queen opens the box that his men carried and takes the content. He immediately puts the thing inside the box in his left hand because Palu has disposed of the small fries in a very short time. There's no time to check the thing, he just needs to use it now.

Palu arrives in his position right when he finishes, surprising Queen. So he pushes the men who carried the box toward Palu as shields again while he jumps away. This guy really likes to sacrifice his men.

Of course, these weaklings can't stop Palu, but they can give Queen a short time to prepare. So when Palu reaches his position again, Queen is ready to fight him. He blocks Palu's Warhammer using his left hand and Palu is surprised to see the thing on Queen's left hand.

"Yo, you have a nice thing there," says Palu while smirking.

"Are you interested in this?" asks Queen while smirking too.

The thing on Queen's left hand is a big metal gauntlet. But it has mechanisms attached to it, unlike normal gauntlets. He has installed weapons onto his gauntlet, making it far bigger than how his hands.

The gauntlet is also made of good material because it can withstand Palu's strong attack. There's no crack or dent even though Queen doesn't use A-Haki. It also doesn't burden Queen's broken wrist because of its mechanisms.

"You make it by yourself?" asks Palu.

"Of course. It is still an experiment and you will be a good partner to test it," says Queen.

"Well, I hope the result will be good because we can use it then. Ruff will be happy to dismantle and learn it," says Palu.

"Ruff?! Is he the one who made all your weapons?" asks Queen while gritting his teeth.

"Hmm? No, he doesn't make weapons, he just researches them. Someone else produces the weapons," says Palu as he swings his Warhammer at Queen from above.

Queen blocks it with his metal arm as he says, "So he is the one. It seems I will have a good chat with him later," with a sinister tone.

"Sure, when he takes all your research data, hahaha," says Palu while laughing and attacking Queen again.

Their role seems to reverse somehow with Palu being the villain & Queen being the protagonist. Well, both of them are villains because they are pirates.

"Laugh while you can," says Queen as he blocks Palu's attack again.

Then, 4 short barrels come out of Queen's metal arm. He shoots 4 small rockets from the barrels and they fly toward Palu. But Palu just grins as he flaps his Birkan wings forward. These wings aren't just decorations, they can move, although they can't be used to fly.

From his wings flap, Palu creates vibrations in the air. He is using Hasshoken on his wings flap, which causes vibrations that spread everywhere in the air. This Hasshoken isn't as strong as the one he uses on his hammer to attack, but it's enough to make the rockets explode in the air.

However, the distance between Queen & Palu is too close. So the explosions engulf them both because the rockets explode between them. Queen has succeeded to attack Palu, but he also gets hit by his own attack.

Those who watch it are dumbfounded and can't say anything. This is the first case of backfire in this war and it is actually done by an All-Star, Queen. They all know it's not Queen's mistake, but it's still very funny that the Clowns are laughing.

None of the Clowns are worried even though Palu is engulfed in the explosions. They know he can withstand explosions of this scale. The story will be different if the normal crew members are the ones who get hit though.

Then just like what the Clowns thought, Palu comes out of the explosions in one piece, and so is Queen. They just have some superficial burnt marks on their bodies. These marks aren't injuries because they've protected their bodies with A-Haki.

"*Cough* Damn man, how could you use weapons with high explosive powers in close combat like that? Are you an idiot?" asks Palu in disbelief.

"Shut up! You are the real idiot here. I won't get engulfed by the explosions if the rockets hit you," says Queen, who doesn't want to be blamed.

"IDIOT! There's no way I would just stay silent when being shot with those rockets," says Palu.

Both of them get angry at each other then they start to clash again. They are still quite equal with no one gaining the advantage. It seems their battle will still go on for a longer time.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 277 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 288 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)