361. Clownland

Now, Buggy also trains Bon-chan while also training & educating his kids. Bon has a decent talent, so he learns things fast. He just didn't have time to shine in the series and he worked under the wrong person who can't maximize his potential.

But Buggy knows that merely training won't make Bon reach the required level for the plan. So he will send Bon to challenge Grandline when his crew's break is over. Bon will form his own crew with the goal of reaching Clown Pirates' base in New World.

The Clown Pirates' base is going through changes right now. While the crew is on break, The Caribbean is reconstructing the base. Of course, Palu is already there right now to supervise the project.

He just visited his parents with Jude for 2 months of the break. Then they went to the base and led the reconstruction. Buggy has told him that he doesn't need to do it, but he just couldn't let other people handle the reconstruction of his crew's base.

So Palu uses his precious break to work, but for him, this is more enjoyable than just roaming around aimlessly. His shipwright team also feel the same and they returned to the main base at the same time as Palu. Their presence there has made the reconstruction progress a lot faster.

With them being there, the main base also gets a lot safer. Palu's presence alone can make other Emperors think twice before attacking this place. With his power & skills, Palu can hold either Big Mom or Whitebeard until Buggy comes, so only fools will try to attack the base.

But rather than other Emperor crews, the ones who attack the main base are rookies who overestimate their power just because they can reach New World. Palu doesn't even need to move as their subordinate crews can handle all those rookies easily.

The Clown Pirates' main base has taken a shape right now with a 68% completion rate. Rather than a pirate crew's base, it looks more like a massive Amusement Park. Buggy made the whole design and this place looks like Disneyland.

However, the Disney details are nowhere to be seen. Buggy changes those details into his crew's styles. There's no Mickey here, that mouse has been replaced by Clowns. The main theme is obviously Clowns, but Buggy also added some anime details like Dragon Ball, Naruto, AoT, Bleach, etc.

Only he understands these things, but no one minds them because they look good. It's a unique concept for them, after all, as they never see something like this in this world. Everyone just likes that they have a unique base, so they don't complain.

Buggy also has given a name to the reconstructed main base. It sounds rather boring though because he didn't have other ideas. The name of their base is Clownland which is obviously based on Disneyland.

But anyway, this is still a base even though it looks like an Amusement Park. There are still weapon factories, illegal transactions, gambling, and many underground activities. The Park is merely a cover for all those things.

Well, their main base will be very impressive when the construction finishes. But the Clown Pirates themselves haven't seen their new main base. Only the shipwrights have seen it, but the others haven't because they are on a break now.

Buggy also hasn't seen it, but he doesn't really care because he knows Palu will not disappoint him. So he can just focus on spending his time with his family and training Leo & Bon. He also helps his family's farming business while teaching Nojiko about it.

Buggy's family also often sails around East Blue which becomes a chance for Nami to train her navigational skills. Both Buggy & Bellemere are trying to give their kids as much experience as they can while the kids are still young.

The days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months. Time flies quickly and the Clown Pirates' break finally ended. It's time for them to continue their lives as pirates which means it's time for Buggy to leave his family again.

"Don't worry kids, I will return when I have time. So be good and listen to your mom while I'm away or I won't return if I hear that you don't be good kids to your mom," says Buggy while patting the kids' heads.

"Hmph, then I will catch you and take you back here," says Leo while crossing his arms.

The little guy still doesn't change his mind to catch Buggy. His ambition to surpass Buggy has gotten stronger in this 1 year as Buggy trained him. Leo sees his dad as a very tall wall that he needs to surpass now.

He doesn't care about catching Buggy for bounty anymore because he finally knows that if he gets Buggy's bounty then Buggy will be imprisoned and maybe get executed so Buggy will never return. Leo doesn't want that, but he still wants to surpass his dad, so defeating Buggy is still his goal.

With Leo giving up on the bounty, Nami also gives up on it. But now she has a new goal which is getting all Buggy's wealth through any means. Now she knows that Buggy has much more money than his bounty, so it's better to take all his wealth.

This girl's love for money is a lost cause, so Buggy & Bellemere just let her be. She will realize how absurd her ambition is in the future. Taking over Buggy's wealth is one of the most difficult things to do, after all.

Nojiko is the couple's only hope because she already thinks of ways to improve & expand their farming business. She is even good at taking care of their dog, Fries, that has grown as big as a bear now. But no one finds it strange and they never mind its size because Fries behave very well.

"Fries, buddy, take care of the kids for me, alright? You know what to do when baddies come, right?" asks Buggy to the big dog.

Fries nods and barks, "WOOF!"

Buggy & Fries then toss their hand & paw, they've become best friends in this break time. In the past, Buggy considers himself a cat person, but this big dog has conquered him now.

"When will you return?" asks Bellemere.

"I don't know, maybe next year. We never know what will happen, after all. But I'll return when I have free time," says Buggy.

"Hmm, alright then. Be careful out there and return safely," says Bellemere.

"Of course, love, life is very precious, so I will try to keep it all the time," says Buggy before kissing his wife.

Buggy then goes to his ship on the port after saying his farewell to his family and the villagers. Cricket & Mantis have waited on the ship. The 2 of them have arrived on this island yesterday and they'll go to New World together with Buggy.

Everyone else will go to their main base on their own. Crossing Grandline is not a problem for any member of a crew that has reached the end of Log Pose, Lodestar Island. So just returning to their main base is easy even if they move separately.

Buggy, Cricket, & Mantis finally sail away while waving their hands to everyone on the port. They will resume their journey and their goal still doesn't change. The crew will continue to explore the world as there are still many places they haven't visited.

"New World, Calm Belt, Sky Islands, Red Line, and even Laugh Tale. We still have many places to visit aren't we?" asks Buggy after the ship has sailed far from Conomi Islands.

"Red Line? You want to explore that place too?" asks Cricket while raising an eyebrow.

"Hmm? You don't want to? I will explore the bottom of the sea if possible, but we can't do it now with our current technology. Exploring Red Line is much easier than that, so why not?" asks Buggy back.

"No, I mean, what's there to visit on Red Line?" asks Cricket again.

"I don't know much about it, that's why I want to explore it. Although I know a place that's worth visiting there," says Buggy while grinning widely.

Cricket widens his eyes and says, "Damn, you crazy maniac"
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 385 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 396 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)