288. The Caribbean

The Caribbean starts to produce some kinds of weapons. Firearms, bombs, bullets, swords, spears, etc, they sell what they can make. Well, they sell what Ruff & his team have designed after some research.

Of course, they don't sell their best weapons or even their good weapons. They just sell weapons that are a little better than the average weapons in the market. None of the weapons that The Clowns use are sold to the public because Buggy wants them to have the best stuff for themselves.

Buggy wants to sell weapons immediately but it's not possible now. They still need a lot of preparation before they can start selling. They need to make a lot of weapons first, recruit & training employees, make ships to transport the weapons, etc.

So The Clown Pirates settle down on an island for some time. This island is the one they choose as the Caribbean's base. It's a small island and only has a small village on it and has no mineral resources. It wasn't owned by Beasts Pirates, The Clowns get it themselves when they move around, and they strike a deal with the locals.

The reason why this small island only has a village on it is because this is a barren land with a hot temperature, a.k.a a desert island. There's only one source of fresh water here, which is the oasis in the village. That's also why the locals' ancestors built the village there.

The strange thing is that rain always pours on the sea around this island. But none of the rainwater touches this island. Well, this is Grandline, so this kind of strange thing can always happen.

It's not a problem for the locals though because the water from the oasis is always enough for them. But it will be a problem for the Clowns' plan on this island. It's because this island will be their main base as well as the weapon production place.

They are building workshops here while training many craftsmen. The previously quiet island is now bustling with life. The problem is the water in the oasis won't be enough to supply the needs on this island now.

Of course, Buggy has a solution for this very big problem. They will use Dance Powder, the item that Crocodile uses on Alabasta to gather rain clouds. It steals the surrounding area's water vapor actually, so the surrounding area will not rain for some time.

But it won't be a problem here because rain always happens in the surrounding area. The rain around the island won't stop just because they steal some rain clouds, it's Grandline, after all. This is just a small island, so gathering the rain cloud that is located around the island will be easy.

Still, Buggy refrains them to use the Dance Powder too often and just uses it when needed. They need to gather a lot of water when the rain comes. That's why they built a big reservoir in the desert and they cover the surface with black balls to reduce the evaporation.

"Dela, how long will it be before we can start selling weapons?" asks Buggy while reading a newspaper in his ship's Captain's room.

"We estimated that everything will be ready in 8 months," says Dela.

"Alright, we'll stay here for 2 months. Make sure that the Caribbean can work without our help in that 2 months," says Buggy.

"Understood," says Dela before leaving.

Buggy resumes reading the newspaper before he smirks. The newspaper is about him and Shanks. They are comparing him and Shanks because he has done something big while Shanks hasn't shown a similar result.

Red Hair Pirates are still struggling in New World even though they entered it before Clown Pirates. Shanks is strong and grow stronger faster than most people. But Buggy's growth is just too fast that it looks impossible.

People know that Shanks was better than Buggy in their days as Roger Pirates' apprentices. But then Buggy chased him and surpass him now. Shanks & Red Hair Pirates have the strength of veteran pirates, but Buggy & The Clowns are at the level of New World's Emperors.

"If he just joined me taking down Beasts Pirates, then we won't be compared like this. He is just too passive. No wonder he only becomes an Emperor a few years before the series start. I know that he wanted to respect Oden's decision a few years ago, but I don't give a shit about that. If my friends are about to die, then I will save them. If they are in trouble, I'll help them. The lives of many people in Wano are more important than their pride," grumbles Buggy.

Shanks called him a few days after the news of him defeating Kaido came out. The red hair said that he didn't join because he wanted to respect Oden's decision. Buggy closed that call before Shanks could say another nonsense.

That same reason might also be what Whitebeard thinks. They are people who value honor or that kind of shit but Buggy isn't. Honor won't keep him and his people alive. Pirates don't need honor, they need power.

Well, humanity is also important, even for pirates who kill people. That's why Buggy's principle is to not kill innocents but he also won't save those unrelated to him or those that he doesn't meet. He will save someone in front of him, but he won't go around to help people, he isn't a hero.

Also helping his friend who is in danger is important for Buggy, more important than fulfilling a promise, like their promise to Oden. Besides, Buggy's action on Wano could be justified as a war between 2 pirate crews. His target is Beasts Pirates, while Oden's enemies are Orochi's group, so they have different targets.

At least that's the justification that Buggy thought of. His real reason is simple, he wants to change history. It gives him a sense of accomplishment as someone who once only knew this world as a world of a story.

But now it's his reality, so he wants to do what he always dreamed of when in his past life. If others get the same chance as him, he's sure they will have the same goal as him. Changing history and being written in it as a big figure.

It's not an easy road and not everyone will succeed but he has succeeded. Well, there are still things that he wants to do, but they can wait. For now, he wants to enjoy his time and relax for some time because he was always busy improving himself & his crew.

In the next 2 months, Buggy is enjoying his time by training himself & the kids in his crew. There are 4 kids there. Alan, Elen, Yamato, and Jack. Buggy decided to give the name Jack to him because it's what he's known as in the future.

The matters regarding the Caribbean are handled by its main members. He & his crew only help when needed and give instructions on a few things. They've given the Caribbean everything the group needs so they're just helping the group prepare to stand on its own feet.

After 2 months, The Clown Pirates finally leave the Caribbean base. The Marine is alerted by their sudden move because they've gotten silent for 2 months. So the Marine follows them but it's a grave mistake.

The Clowns take down the Marine using their railgun from a very far distance. 3 ships sink with 3 shots of the railgun. Many soldiers survive, but it will be hard for them to survive until help comes.

"Where are we going, Captain?" asks Cricket after making sure that all the Marine ships have been destroyed.

Buggy thinks for a while before saying, "Let's meet the old man Whitebeard."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 312 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 323 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)