291. Revelation & Plan

The Marine fleet is now standing on a very wide ice block. Aokiji has frozen the sea to stop their ship from sinking, but it also prevents them to move.

"Have you found anything?" asks Sengoku to an officer.

"Yes, we found many small holes in the hull. We suspect the hole to be made by these bullets," says the officer while showing some deformed bullets that their men have collected.

Sengoku is confused and asks, "How could these bullets hit our hull?"

"Most likely, they put the bullets inside their super cannon's bullet. So when it exploded, the bullets get shot all over the place," says the officer.

"And because it exploded underwater, the bullets hit our ships' hull," says Sengoku with widened eyes.

"Yes, that's what we have concluded," says the officer.

"Then, what if it didn't explode underwater?" asks Sengoku.

".... I'm afraid, it would destroy our ships. The explosion itself was very big and even while being slowed by water, the bullets still managed to pierce through our ships' hull. If it exploded right beside our ship, then the nearest ships would be destroyed by the explosion while the bullets will hit the remaining ships and break them too while killing the men aboard," says the officer after hesitating a bit.

*BAM*

Sengoku hits the box that is used as a table and breaks it. They were really close to losing a lot of people. He & the strong officers would survive, but the soldiers would've died.

"I suppose the cannon bullet was made by their scientist, right? It's like what I've always said, he is very dangerous since he made that super cannon. We really need to raise his bounty," says Tsuru.

"I agree with that. But the Clown Pirates are more dangerous than we thought. Their bounties aren't exaggerated," says Garp while grinning.

Sengoku & the other officers hate to admit it but Garp is correct. They need to forbid their men from getting too close to Clown Pirates. From that point on, the Marine only maintain low surveillance over The Clowns' movement and never agitate them.

The Clown Pirates, however, don't really care about what the Marine thinks. They are just chilling on their ship now. Meanwhile, Buggy is talking with Ruff in the armory about the bullet they used before.

"That bullet was good. It could take down some ships at once even when it exploded underwater. But I think the Marine will realize the mechanism and copy it," says Buggy.

"Yeah, I thought so as well. But it's not really a problem, isn't it? If it's a problem, then you won't use it to attack them," says Ruff.

Buggy smirks and says, "That's right, it's not too big of a problem for us. They might understand the concept, but making it work is another thing. That bullet will just explode inside a normal cannon because the outer layer that holds the small bullets are thin. The cannon's gunpowder will burst that layer."

"But if it's too thick, then the small bullets won't shoot at high speed or it won't even explode at all. We've tried it many times using normal cannons but the result is never good because it explodes inside the cannon. It becomes like this shotgun that you asked me to make," says Ruff while taking a shotgun.

Buggy has asked Ruff to make some shotgun designs and it inspired Ruff to make that bullet. There's no shotgun yet in this world, so Buggy thinks that it will be a good commodity. They will sell shotguns through The Caribbean and it will be one of their signature products.

"Still, the Marine will find a way to use it somehow after they do some research. They have someone who can make it happen, after all," says Buggy.

"Vegapunk, huh? He will be able to do that, I'm sure of it. I don't know how long though. I've seen some of his works and they are incredible. He isn't called the greatest scientist for nothing. He might even figure out how our railgun works in the future," says Ruff.

"It is possible, but he's also a very unlucky man," says Buggy.

"Ah, you talked about his capture, right?" asks Ruff.

Vegapunk was originally an outlaw who was wanted by the World Government in the past. He was in an organization named MADS along with Caesar Clown, Vinsmoke Judge, Queen, and some other scientists.

But a few years ago, MADS was disbanded after World Government found them and captured some of its members. Vegapunk & Caesar are also captured. After being captured, they are working for the Marine & World Government.

"Well, don't worry too much. MADS was highly wanted because of their research on Lineage Factor. I'm sure Vegapunk is still focusing on that because it's a very difficult subject," says Buggy.

"I never worried though," says Ruff nonchalantly.

Buggy gets silent before changing the topic to the shotgun. Ruff has made some shotgun designs from his & Buggy's ideas. They worked well and are now being produced in their factories

But the commercial shotguns just have average power. Right now, Ruff is trying to improve their power, range, etc for their crew's usage. They will always use better weapons than the ones they sell, after all.

Then they talk about other weapons that are being improved now like grenades, smoke bombs, flashbangs, rockets, etc. The scientists are also busy making chemical or strange weapons that they've thought of. Ruff & his team are very busy making weapon designs, but they are enjoying it.

"Ruff, always remember what I told you," says Buggy.

"Of course, Captain. We can do what we want, and make everything. But we won't use vicious weapons on people without concerns and your permission," says Ruff.

"Right, we are pirates, but we still have morals, and principles. If you go against the morals & principles that are set on my ship, then...," says Buggy before Ruff continues it.

"Then death is the only thing waiting for us. I know that and I'll never do that because we have the same principles," says Ruff while smirking.

"Good," says Buggy while smiling before leaving.

Ruff continues his work with his team and Buggy goes to the main deck. The Clowns are chilling on the ship and do what they want. Some guys are sleeping, eating, drinking, sunbathing, or even training.

Buggy sees Cricket training Alan, Mantis trains Elen, Palu trains Yamato, and Enel trains Jack. The kids are very competitive with each other and try to be the best, especially Alan, Jack, & Yamato. Only Elen doesn't care about it, but she doesn't want to be left behind either.

"Jude, come here!" calls Buggy.

"Aaaye~," says Jude happily because Buggy calls her. She is still fawning over him even though he always said he can't accept her.

"What is it, Captain?" asks Jude while hugging Buggy's left arm.

"How's the progress of the new navigators we recruited for The Caribbean?" asks Buggy.

They have recruited some navigators to navigate The Caribbean's ships. Jude and her team are teaching them now. These navigators are joining them since they left to meet Whitebeard Pirates to experience real navigation in New World.

"Hmm, they are progressing well. Most of them aren't ready to navigate a ship yet, but there are 2 who are barely ready for it. The standard is being able to sail in New World, so it is very difficult even though they all have some experience," says Jude.

"Hmm, then let's train them for another month," says Buggy.

"It seems you want to go somewhere after a month, Captain," says Jude.

Buggy grins and says, "Yeah, I want to go home. We never go to East Blue as a crew, right?"
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 315 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 326 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)