347. Return

East Blue, a place Buggy hasn't seen for more than 2 years. It also means that he hasn't seen his family for that long. Well, his crew spent almost a year just at the last 3 islands, and they've spent months since they entered New World and they've also sailed in Paradise for a few months.

Buggy actually gives his crew a few months' breaks after sailing for a rather long time, but none of them want to return to their homeland yet. Most of them don't have families or their homelands are not as peaceful as East Blue or they aren't attached to their homelands. They prefer having a break in a peaceful place like East Blue where they can relax, after all.

The crew arrives in East Blue in 2 months, which is quite long for their current speed. Their slower movements were caused by the extreme weather around the last islands of the New World. They also needed to go to Paradise first, which made them need to travel a far longer distance.

The Clown Pirates also caught up to the world's current situations as they travel. They couldn't get a lot of information in the last year since they were on the island with very hard trees where they upgraded their ship. Some news still reached them through Denden Mushi calls from their organization, but many things still weren't heard by them.

The biggest piece of news that Buggy get is the completion of Sea Train by Tom's Workers. It was done when the Clown Pirates were isolated on Hard Trees Island. The Sea Train became big news in the half-end of Paradise, but it didn't too important in New World.

With the completion of Sea Train, Buggy knows that soon he'll need to protect Tom from that damn Spandam's scheme. It will surely affect Franky's & Iceburg's development in the future, but he couldn't care less. For him & his crew, Tom is a very important person who has helped them build Black Pearl.

The next interesting piece of news is Sun Pirates' attacks on Celestial Dragons. Well, they don't attack directly, rather, they attack slave traders' ships and freed captured people many times. Of course, the Celestial Dragons & World Government treat those as attacks on them.

Surely, many Fishmen in Sun Pirates are against it to this day. Fishmen like Arlong want to dominate the world and enslave humans to show their race's superiority. However, Fisher Tiger who was a former slave thinks differently.

Tiger knows the pain of being a slave and he also knows that not all humans are bad. Most of the slaves on Mary Geoise are actually humans, after all. So there's no difference between humans & Fishmen in the eyes of Celestial Dragons, they are just objects.

Besides, conquering the human world and enslaving humans will make them the same as those they hate. Tiger doesn't want to be like that even if he dies. He knows who his real targets are, the Celestial Dragons. But Arlong & co who never felt what being slaves were like couldn't understand all of those things.

Luckily, Tiger still can suppress them and make them follow his orders. Although Buggy is sure that it won't be long before Sun Pirates break apart. Arlong & co will surely leave that crew and maybe go to East Blue like the original story, but the result won't be the same.

Then the next big news come from Red Hair Pirates that made World Government & Marine angry. They attacked a World Government's ship last month and stole many precious items. Among those items, there's a devil fruit that Buggy knows since his childhood when he was still living on Earth, Rubber Rubber Fruit.

"So it's the time already. I can't remember everything that well now, but I'm sure that things are going faster than they should be. It seems all my actions in the past have changed the future a lot. That means I can't keep using my knowledge as my guide. Well, not like I relied on it every time," ponders Buggy.

All important things happened just like in the real story. However, their time or details changed, which may be the result of Buggy's actions in the past. It's not a problem for him though because this is what he actually wants, changing the future.

Buggy keeps reading all reports & news from all over the world. Then he remembers something very important, Ope Ope Fruit, Doflamingo's most desirable fruit. Buggy isn't interested in the fruit itself, but in the people involved with it.

He goes through all the reports and can't find anything about it. Buggy feels relieved because that means the fruit is still not found yet. So he sends an order to The Caribbean to watch over Donquixote Family's movement because that group is interested in that fruit.

Buggy goes through all the news and finishes catching up before they reached East Blue. The crew reaches East Blue after passing through Calm Belt. Then, they arrive at Conomi Island the next day.

The Black Pearl docks on a designated port that the crew's shipwrights made for themselves which is located where Arlong Park will stand, but this port is bigger than that. There's a big building with a Japanese Ryokan style on the port that the crew uses as their base. They visited this place frequently, after all, so they need a place to stay that won't disturb the locals.

The crew also has rebuilt the public port and it looks very good now. But they never used it since they made a personal port to not make public who don't know them uncomfortable. It's not just the port that got rebuilt, the crew also rebuilt all the buildings on the islands.

Still, this place actually doesn't change much besides having better buildings. It's still a peaceful and calm place because Buggy forbade illegal activities here. So even his underground business doesn't operate here.

The Clown Pirates come here to relax, after all, so they want this place to be as peaceful as in the past. No one on the island objected to it too and they even supported that decision. The villagers are very glad that The Clown Pirates protect their villages, so they don't want the crew to leave because this place changes.

Well, anyway, this place looks better now, and so is Cocoyasi Village. It doesn't look like a village of poor people anymore. All buildings are new & look very sturdy, the road is paved, and the villagers are wearing good clothes.

The economy here has gotten better, but it's not because The Clown Pirates just give money to them. Buggy actually made the villagers work for his family business. Bellemere is good at raising crops, so he bought all the empty lands here and hire the villagers to raise the crops with Bellemere's lead.

They planted rare crops that aren't available on East Blue because Buggy brought crops that originated from Grandline. The crops are just fruits or grains though, not dangerous plants to make drugs. Buggy wanted to have a clean business as a family business, after all.

They couldn't get any results for almost 3 years because the climate here is different from where these plants came from. But after many trials & errors, they finally succeeded a few months ago and have their 1st harvest. Since then, their crops became highly-demanded items all over East Blue.

Even without The Caribbean's help, they can always sell their crops easily. The villagers have many merchant acquaintances, after all. All these merchants won't let such rare goods slip away, so they buy all of the goods.

Now, the villagers are working in Buggy's family's fields while also planting the corps in their fields. Of course, they do it with Buggy's permission. He only has 1 requirement, which is for them to sell their harvest only to his family, and they agree easily because his family gives a fair price.

So now, those who want these crops can only get them through Buggy's family. Well, the result of this farming business is still very low compared to his underground business and piracy. However, Bellemere is happier to use the legal money, so it is worth more for him.

Anyway, The Clown Pirates have arrived on Conomi Islands. Buggy gets down from the ship and sees his family already waiting for him. His wife, his daughters, and his son are waiting at the port since a few days ago.

Buggy smiles and says, "I'm home."
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 371 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 382 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)