239. Hyogoro The Flower

The plan to destroy the enemies' relationship is going well. Deon & his team have done great and the others give good cooperation. Everyone on the crew contributes a lot to this plan to make it succeeds.

This plan won't only destroy the enemies' relationship but also stop their information network which will weaken them as a result. The Clowns will also get a lot of information about the enemies as they've infiltrated the enemies' inner circle.

With everything sets in its place, Buggy finally can be more relaxed. Now he can finally prepare himself for the main war. It's time to show his power and spar with Oden to train himself so he can get stronger.

He goes to Oden's residence to ask him for a spar. But Oden is still busy with the interrogation of Oniwabanshu's ninjas so he can't spar with Buggy. Well, it's his own fault for giving those ninjas to Oden.

"Are you the Pirate Captain that Oden has been talking about?" asks a man from behind as Buggy walks back to his ship.

Buggy has sensed this person, but he doesn't sense any hostility, so he doesn't do anything and lets the man talk. He turns around and sees a big tall middle-aged man with cyan hair that is shaped like a flame.

'Hyogoro!?' thinks Buggy in surprise.

The man in front of Buggy is Hyogoro, the Yakuza Boss. Hyogoro is still gallant unlike his small & wrinkly appearance 20 years later in Udon when Luffy frees him. Buggy is surprised to see him because he has been busy these few days and couldn't come here even after his men came.

"Flaming cyan hair and those tattoos. You must be Hyogoro, the boss of those Yakuza punks," says Buggy.

Hyogoro smiles and says, "It seems you know about me."

"Well, Oden has told me about you, and I have gathered information on my own. There's no way I will not know a figure like you, right?" asks Buggy while smirking.

"So that's how it is," says Hyogoro shortly.

"Then, can you tell me what do you want, old man?" asks Buggy.

"I just come to see you and judge what kind of person you are by myself," says Hyogoro.

Buggy grins and says, "I don't have any problem with that. I'm anticipating it instead."

"Ho, then let's change the location," says Hyogoro.

The 2 of them then leave and go to the bamboo forest in the south of Kuri. They make a distance between themselves and unsheath their sword. Hyogoro's method to judge Buggy's character is by fighting.

"Swords will never lie. I will see what kind of person you are by crossing our swords," says Hyogoro.

"Whatever, I just want a strong sparring partner. Oden is busy so I can't fight him. I heard that you're strong, so don't disappoint me, old man," says Buggy while grinning.

"I will do my best," says Hyogoro as he gets into a stance.

Both of them get ready for a moment before rushing to each other. Hyogoro swings his katana with both hands diagonally from above. Buggy parries it with a sword and uses his other sword to attack from the side.

Hyogoro jumps aside to evade the strike while swinging his sword back to Buggy who dodges by falling to the ground. Then Buggy uses his hands as pedestals to send a kick with both of his legs to Hyogoro.

It surprises Hyogoro who can only use his hands to block the kick reflexively. He gets pushed back by Buggy's kick but he is fine. He only gets some dirt on his hands because Buggy's shoes touch them.