245. Start The War

The day for the final war against Beasts Pirates & Orochi's group finally arrives. The Clowns & samurais who will attack Onigashima have prepared everything they need. They've done what they could in these last days and they move in the morning when they still have a lot of energy.

Now they are ready and they get aboard the ships that have been prepared. Palu, his team, and Wano's shipwrights have prepared these ships. These ships now can handle Wano's violent water.

But among these ships, only the Clowns' ship has strong weapons. The others just have some cannons as their weapons. Well, even if they have strong weapons, the samurais who aren't skilled in naval battle won't be able to use them well.

These samurais are land fighters, unlike the pirates who have fought on the sea many times. They almost never use long-ranged weapons including cannons. So giving them strong cannons will be dangerous. It's like giving knives to kids.

After all the attackers get on their ships, they all set sail. The Black Pearl leads the fleet and the other ships followed behind. All the ships are helmed by the pirates.

Buggy has assigned his men to helm the ships because none of the samurais can do it well enough. But even the most unskilled pirate can helm a ship, so it's better for them to do it.

The ships move to Onigashima in a 'V' formation with Black Pearl in the front. It's still morning and the weather is good. Even so, the sea is not calm at all and the waves are still big.

The previous day, the sea is calm, unlike today. It's like the sea knows that a big storm will appear in Wano today. But the group can't cancel their plan just because of this. Besides, this kind of thing is an everyday occurrence for the Clowns, nothing to be worried about.

As they sail through the violent sea, Bastia who scouts their route gives a signal. He has sharp eyesight because of his Owl Zoan devil fruit. So he can see a very far location clearly and now he sees some Beasts Pirates ships some km in front of them.

The samurais are panicking a little, but the Clowns are grinning from ear to ear. Naval battle is something that they enjoy, more than direct battle on land. It's because naval battle makes them feel more like pirates, like sailors.

Besides, they have some deadly weapons for a naval battle. Seeing their weapons in action always makes them excited. Now, it's time to use their weapons and show them off to their allies & enemies.

Buggy grins and orders, "Take out the main railgun!"

Ruff who hears it also grins excitedly before he goes to the inner cabin. Then a big door opens on the Black Pearl's front deck. A big square metal box comes out of the door, surprising all the samurais, including Oden who joins the Clowns on Black Pearl.

"Buggyjiro, what is that thing?" asks Oden.

"An amazing thing," says Buggy without explaining any further.

Oden knows Buggy won't say anything else, so he just looks at the big box. Then he gets surprised when he sees the box transforms. 2 long barrels come out of the box's front and a chair with handles comes out of its back.

"Enel, you do it! Let's open it with a BANG!" orders Buggy.

"Aye aye," replies Enel while grinning widely.

Enel hands over the ship's steering wheel to his teammate. Then he goes to the railgun and sits on its control chair. Ruff sets the railgun mechanisms and changes them to match Enel's ability.

Enel's power has grown a lot since he joined the crew. Now he might be as strong as when he wants to destroy Skypiea in the series 18 years later. So he can destroy an island if he is prepared.

But he still can't defeat Buggy, Cricket, Palu, or even Mantis. The 3 men are just abnormal while Mantis seems to have an unknown power that can always defeat Enel. It's just like how Nami can defeat every man in the Straw Hat even though she is weaker than them.

Well, it doesn't matter because Enel also never makes big trouble now. He has become fond of the crew and becomes a real part of them. Now, he won't do what he does in the series because it's not interesting for him anymore.

Enel then charges the railgun with his power to the limit. This railgun has been developed by Ruff and it can handle Enel's strong lightning power. His power is stronger than the electric generator that the ship has.

The railgun glows and electric currents appear between the barrels as Enel charges it with his full power. Oden & the samurais watch in amazement because they can feel the power of the lightning on the railgun.

Enel's lightning power has been enhanced by the railgun. He can make up to 200 million volts but the power can still be enhanced. The voltage doesn't increase, but the damage that it causes can, and that's what the railgun does.

After Enel charged it for a moment, the railgun is ready to be fired. But Enel isn't good at aiming, so he needs help. The Clowns' best sniper, Dini helps Enel aims at their target. Then after they're ready, Enel shoots the railgun.

*Swish*

There's no loud sound when he shoots and they don't even use cannonball. It's just a pure lightning energy ball shot that doesn't look that flashy. But the lightning ball travels at a very high speed across the sea.

As the lightning ball moves, the seawater parts, and the waves are destroyed. The enemy ships that are located 6 km in front of them can only see bluish light getting close to them at high speed. Then before they know it, they have been hit by the lightning ball.

As the 200 million volts lightning ball hits the ship in the middle, it destroys the ship instantly. But then the ball breaks and creates many big lightning bolts. They spread everywhere, hitting the other ships in the group.

Even the spreading lightning bolts are still very strong. They can break the ships into pieces almost instantly. In an instant, all the Beasts Pirates' ships that block their way are destroyed, no one survives.

The samurais can only watch in shock when they see the power of that strike. Now they can understand why the Clowns didn't give them strong weapons on their ships. It's because they don't need to do anything, so the weapons will be useless.

"Alright, let's continue," says Buggy, making everyone wakes up from their trances.

Oden & the samurais want to ask, but they keep silent because they know the Clowns won't tell them. Such a weapon is surely a very secretive thing and won't be shared easily with others, even their allies.

So they just continue their way to Onigashima with the group having more confidence. With such a powerful weapon, they don't need to worry about anything. Their winning chance has increased a lot just by having such a weapon.

But it's too fast for them to get relieved because their enemies are not weak. The Beasts Pirates also surely have some powerful weapons. And their most powerful weapon is no other than their Captain, Kaido.

Out of everyone's expectations, Kaido in his dragon form suddenly appears in front of them. He has waited for them and just now, he watched as his fleet get destroyed instantly. So he decides to take the matter into his own hands and come here by flying.

Buggy looks at the gigantic Azure Dragon and comments, "Oi oi oi. Isn't this too fast for the final boss to appear? Really, a strategy will be useless against this kind of thing."
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 269 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 280 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)