213. Insulator

On the main battlefield, The Clowns' normal members are fighting Beasts Pirates' troops. Enel still helps them because Jude & Manba have taken care of the twins who targetted him. So he can concentrate on assisting their men in the war.

The ones who have their weapons coated in Enel's lightning can cut their enemies easier. Their weapons become a lot sharper because of the lightning and can cut through the enemies' weapons. Even if they don't cut their enemies, the lightning will electrocute the enemies upon contact.

That's why just in a short time, the enemy's number reduced to half from 400+. The Clowns only have 40+ people to go against these 400+. But even though the enemies are 10 times their number, the Clowns are stronger than them.

It also applied to Jude & Manba who are pushing back their enemies, the twins. Even though the twins looked very arrogant before, they are getting pushed by Manba & Jude. It makes them look like idiots who can only talk.

But then it changes when the 2 suddenly transform. Typical of Beasts Pirates, these 2 are Zoan devil fruit users. The one who fights Jude is a gorilla, while the other one is an orangutan. They transform into their hybrid forms right off the bat.

They can finally fight Jude & Manba without getting pushed now. Both of them can use A-Haki so they can touch Jude's logia body and hit her. But Jude is ready for this because Haki users will be more common in New World.

Jude & Manba fight the twins almost equally now. None of them gains advantage currently and just look equal. In fact, the twins are a tad stronger now in their hybrid form, so Jude & Manba have a few difficulties, but they're sure they can handle it, they need to.

Solax who watches the war from behind gets angered. His men get defeated by rookies and the twins which are his most trusted subordinates are having a hard time fighting Jude & Manba. He never feels this ashamed because of a rookie pirate crew.

The only way to remove this shame is by defeating the Clowns himself. So he makes a move and immediately uses his devil fruit power. Surprisingly, he is not a zoan devil fruit user, but a paramecia.

Solax's skin suddenly changes its color into shiny white, including his hair. Only his eyes that don't change from outside. His body looks more sturdy now that he has used his devil fruit ability but it also looks fragile at the same time.

Enel doesn't really care about Solax's devil fruit and starts to attack. He extends his right hand to the front and creates a big lightning strike. The lightning beam hits Solax and Enel grins. But then his face stiffens because Solax is fine.

The Clowns get surprised and Jude asks, "What kind of devil fruit is that? To think that Enel's lighting won't work on him."

"Hahaha, just because he is a logia doesn't mean he is invincible. Rookies like you always think like that because you haven't seen the world yet. My big bro ate the Ceramic Ceramic Fruit, he is a Ceramic human. Lightning won't work on ceramic," says one of the twins who fight Jude, the gorilla-man.

"Ceramic? Won't he be fragile then?" asks Jude.

"Heh, ceramic is a lot harder than you thought. If not, then big bro won't be able to come this far with his power," replies the gorilla.

Enel also hears it and clicks his tongue. Ruff has done some research about his devil fruit ability and finds some weaknesses. They include some objects that can't be affected by his lightning, like glasses, ceramic, rubber, etc.

"Tch, I never thought that I'll really meet one of them here. That means the only way to defeat him is by using A-Haki or physical attacks. Let's use physical attacks while trying to awaken my A-Haki," says Enel as he flashes forward.

Enel attacks Solax using his gold staff first but Solax can block it easily with an A-Haki-covered hand. Solax can use both O-Haki and A-Haki so it's easy for him to handle Enel's attack even though Enel is fast.

Enel keeps attacking using his gold staff and enhancing his speed & power using his lightning. His ability won't affect his opponent, but it can affect his speed & power, so he uses it on himself to make his attack stronger.

But Solax uses his O-Haki to predict all Enel's attacks and counter them. He can block, parry, or evade Enel's attacks and hasn't gotten any damage. Solax is also more experienced than Enel, so he is a difficult opponent for Enel.

'Tch, this isn't it. I don't get the feeling that Deon said when he awaken his A-Haki. It seems using the gold staff is wrong,' thinks Enel as he discards his gold staff.

Now Enel won't use his gold staff anymore, he will use his bare hands. It makes Solax snort because it is a stupid move to use when Enel knows without his staff, he won't be able to injure Solax at all.

"It seems you've given up when we've just fought for a short time," says Solax.

"Give up? What are you talking about?" asks Enel as he sends a punch at Solax.

His punch hits Solax and pushes the guy back a little. But Solax doesn't get any injury at all while Enel feels his knuckles hurt because Solax's body is very hard. Solax laughs and mocks Enel to be very stupid for using his fist instead of gold staff.

Then they start to fight in close range and Enel is on the losing end. His lightning power doesn't affect his opponent and his physical attacks can't injure his opponent. He keeps getting hit and his attacks even hurt himself because Solax's body is very hard.

Enel is the only one who gets injured in his battle while Solax is very fine. But instead of getting discouraged, Enel gets even more excited as the battle goes. It's very rare for him to get injured like this when fighting since he ate his devil fruit, after all.

The twins who fight Jude & Manba think that Enel is a madman to gets excited when he is losing. But Jude & Manba know very well what Enel aims in this battle. They know he is very jealous of Deon who awakened his A-Haki in the previous war against Toothless Pirates.

"Hmph, boys are really idiots," says Jude while attacking her opponent.

The twins that fight with Jude & Manba are also proficient in O-Haki & A-Haki. So they can hit Jude's ash logia body if their attack passes her defense. But Jude is very proficient in defense and she is good at using her O-Haki, so he can always predict her opponent's attacks.

Her opponent is the one who transforms into Gorilla while Manba's opponent is the Orangutan one. Their physical power increase a lot and their attacks are very strong. However, Jude & Manba are good at O-Haki and can predict their attacks then moves according to them.

Still, their strength is a problem because they can make Jude & Manba's attacks useless. Jude has tried to strangle the gorilla-man, but he can break through her attack. The orangutan-man also keeps stopping Manba's attacks with brute strength, so nothing works so far.

"These enemies are very problematic," says Jude.

"Indeed, but at least our men can handle their opponents," says Manba as he peeks behind him.

Behind them, the Clowns' normal members have almost finished their battles. They've reduced the Beasts Pirates' number a lot from 400+ to just around 50 people. Both sides are equal in number now, but the Clowns are clearly stronger even without Enel's lightning coating their weapons.

"It's just a matter of time for them. So we can't lose here or it will be very shameful," says Manba.

"You're right," says Jude.

They start to attack again and get more determined to win.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 237 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 248 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)