374. Another Death

"What should we do to them, Lord?" asks Cricket.

"Just throw them on the nearest Marine base, they'll take care of these guys. Ah, leave that octopus though, he is Rayleigh's & Shakky's friend. Also, send a message to Jinbe, he better let them rot in prison because only that place can protect them," says Buggy.

His crewmates salute before they tie Arlong Pirates with a single rope. Then a male mermaid Fishman takes the rope before diving into the sea. He pulls Arlong Pirates into the sea and drags them away to find the nearest Marine Base.

The only one left is Hachan who is still tied up on the ground. Buggy orders someone to tie Hachan to their ship's mast so he won't run away. They will send him back to Grandline later, but he will freak out when he wakes up, so they need to tie him up.

"You don't look so good, Kyoushiro," says Buggy while smirking.

"I am not you, after all," says Kyoushiro while sheathing his sword.

Buggy just smirks before telling his medical personnel to treat the injured ones. He also orders the other crew members to sweep the village and help the villagers. They are quite well known here, so the villagers will cooperate easily.

"Where's the old man?" asks Buggy to Kyoushiro.

Kyoushiro gets silent for a moment before saying, "My father passed away a few days after you left for Grandline. He asked me to tell you that he was very grateful to you who has done something very great for his homeland. Even if he has left that country for decades, it was still the place where he grew up and made his masterpieces. He even had the chance to meet some people from Wano through you."

"So he has left, huh? Sigh, I still owe him a drink. Where's his grave?" asks Buggy.

Buggy's relationship with Kozaburo, Kuina's grandfather was quite funny. They were like a cat & a dog who would always bicker about many things. But they kept drinking together every time they met and they always talk happily about swords.

"Up on a hill, I'll ask Kuina to guide you there," says Kyoushiro.

Buggy just nods before following Kyoushiro back to the dojo. He isn't sure when Kuina dies in the original timeline because he doesn't remember all the details. Maybe it should've happened, or maybe not, but he doesn't really care.

He only cares about changing things including Kuina's death. Buggy didn't know Kuina that well and had just met her a few times. In the past, he didn't care whether Kuina will live or die because her death is important for Zoro's development.

But when he had kids, he started to feel sympathy toward Kuina. She is just a child and he thinks that a child shouldn't die before their parents. As a father, he really doesn't want to bury his children with his own hands.

Even if Kyoushiro seems cold, doesn't talk much, and even thinks that women can't be warriors, Buggy knows that he loves his daughter. That guy is just too good at controlling his emotions because, for him, warriors shouldn't cry. He needs to be strong and that's what makes him seem as if he doesn't care about his daughter.

Buggy has met so many kinds of people that he can understand someone's true feelings in a short time. And as a fellow father, he can understand Kyoushiro's feelings more. Some fathers have difficulties showing their love to their children, after all.

They arrive in the dojo and the students are getting checked by a nurse from Buggy's crew. The children's safety is their biggest concern in a conflict like this. So a nurse immediately came here to check them.

Kyoushiro calls Kuina who has been checked and deemed to be fine. She only has some bumps on the head because someone from The Caribbean hit her to knock her out. Kuina & Zoro were trying to join the battle persistently even though they weren't allowed to.