316. Leonardo

Bellemere pants very hard after she gave birth. Buggy rubs her hair while smiling at her before kissing her forehead.

"Thank you for your hard work," says Buggy.

Bellemere still pants as she answers, "Next time.... I will use whatever method that you think isn't painful."

Buggy blinks his eyes and says, "I'll take that as a pass to have more children."

"... I take it back, 3 is enough," says Bellemere after a pause.

A nurse then cleans the baby with warm water while Manba checks on Bellemere.

"The mother and baby are healthy. She just needs to rest and eat healthy food. We will check your breast milk later so we'll know if you can produce enough milk for the baby. By the way, have you decided on a name for your son?" asks Manba as the nurse gives the baby to Buggy.

"Yeah, his name is Leonardo," says Buggy while smiling as he holds his son.

Buggy chose the name Leonardo because he idolized some figures with the name Leonardo. Leonardo da Vinci, Leonardo DiCaprio, and his favorite character of TMNT, Leonardo, the oldest one among 4 mutant turtle brothers. He wanted to be like them in his past life, but that was impossible.

"I don't know what that means, but it sounds cool," says Manba.

Well, even Buggy also doesn't know what it means, it also just sounds cool to him. But he has a hope for his son by using that name. He hopes his son will be a great person like those that he idolized.

Buggy puts Leonardo beside his mother so that Bellemere can see her son. She looks at the baby with a lovely smile and hugs him happily. The little guy also smiles as his mother hugs him, which makes Buggy jealous because he didn't do it while Buggy carried him before.

Soon, the others who waited outside enter the room. Nojiko & Nami are looking at their little brother curiously. The others also do the same even though they are adults. They never really watched a baby this close, after all, so they are very curious.

Later that night, Buggy throws a big party to celebrate his son's birth. Leonardo has shown a passion for a party on his first day living in this world. He keeps giggling as he sees everyone dancing and singing merrily.

Buggy then takes him & his sisters to dance with everyone despite Belle's protest. She can't do anything, after all, because she is still very tired. So she can only watch as Buggy plays around with their newborn.

Well, luckily, genetics is also a very important factor in this world. So even though Leonardo isn't even a day old yet, he is stronger than average babies. His body is strong enough to handle the little dance and Buggy is very careful even though he looks like he is rough with his dance.

It still doesn't end well though because he gets punished. He isn't allowed to sleep with his wife & children. Belle isn't pleased by his action and asks him to sleep outside the house. He isn't even allowed to sleep in his ship or others' houses, and everyone is more than willing to help Belle, so he sleeps on a hammock behind his own house.

"Damn, I have a house and a ship. Yet I am not sleeping in any of those. Damn, it's my first time being a homeless person in this world," says Buggy while shivering from the cold.

The next day, Buggy is allowed to enter the house, but he is still forbidden from carrying his baby. His crewmates don't even sympathize with him, they are laughing their asses off from the sides. It's a very rare chance for them to see their Captain suffer this way.

Then for the next week, he is only allowed to carry his baby for just an hour a day. He also finally promises to not repeat what he did. So after a week, he is finally allowed to hold his baby whenever he wants.

After a month, Buggy takes his family on a trip around East Blue again. His crew hasn't finished exploring East Blue before Big Mom Pirates attacked their base. So now, they want to finish it before other urgent things appear again.

The Caribbean's business and their fleet are doing well in New World. So they can enjoy their trip on East Blue for now. They have solidified their base and their men's power to be able to go against most forces in New World.

As for Red Hair Pirates, there's still no news about them. Buggy also doesn't want to search their location because it's none of his business. Shanks is someone who will be an Emperor in the future, so there's no use worrying about him.

What worried him the most is someone who hasn't appeared for a few years and had a plan to attack East Blue. Since Roger's execution a few years ago, Buggy always keeps a tab on a name. He keeps trying to find the news about Shiki since that day.

In one of One Piece's movies, Shiki appears again when the Straw Hat Pirates have started their journey. But Buggy has changed so many things that he can't rely on his future knowledge anymore. Shiki might suddenly appear and threaten East Blue, the place where his family and close friends live.

So he always tries to find Shiki's whereabouts because he can't rely on the Straw Hats who haven't even formed yet. Also, the way the Straw Hats defeat Shiki's crew in the movie is just too nonsensical for him to be true.

Shiki is a legendary pirate who has fought against Roger, Whitebeard, Big Mom, etc. But then he gets defeated by Luffy who hasn't even known Haki yet. And that Luffy who defeated Shiki in a movie is struggling too much on Sabaody, Impel Down, and Marineford.

Buggy also can't rely on the assumption that the things that happen in the movies won't be real just because those are movies, not the main series. He just needs to make sure that he uses everything he knows and handles all the problems as best as he can.

There are some more events that will happen before the Straw Hat Pirates appear. Shichibukai system, Fisher Tiger's attack on Mary Geoise, Revolutionary Army, etc. Buggy needs to find them all because all those things might affect his life too.

That's also one of the main reasons he expanded The Caribbean for information networks. For Buggy, information is one of the greatest weapons. By knowing more, he will know the best thing to do.

He isn't Luffy or Straw Hats, so he can't rely on luck for many things. His plot armor isn't as strong as Luffy's plot armor. So he can't rely on that and gathering more information to build the best plans is one of his way to make sure everything goes well for him.

Although Buggy has felt like the main character with everything he has done in this world. He even becomes an Emperor faster than Shanks. Well, it won't be faster than Luffy who will surely be the Pirate King at a young age because he has the real God of this world, Oda, behind his back.

Anyway, Buggy's trip around East Blue is taking quite a long time. He has many acquaintances here and there, so he stays for a rather long time. Besides, he wants to enjoy his time with his family while he can.

Another reason is that he is recruiting people for The Caribbean's information business. His men are spreading their network around New World for now. So he tries to make it faster by expanding his business in East Blue.

He already has his old friends, Jimmy & Burton to manage the East Blue branch. Then slowly, he will take over the information business around the world. When that happens, he will know everything he wants to know easily.

Buggy & The Clown Pirates stay on East Blue for 8 months before they return to Grandline. They still have things to do and can't stay here forever. Buggy leaves despite his unwillingness, but this is the consequence of his choices.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 340 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 351 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)