358. Resuming Break

The Clown Pirates stay on Twin Cape for a few days. They don't really have anything to do, so they just enjoy their time there. It's quite entertaining too in here because they can see Rookies who enter Grandline proudly without knowing what they'll face.

In the last few days, they also get to know that Laboon hasn't rammed his head onto the Red Line in the last few years. Palu's hunch was right, and it makes Jude angrier because he is more sensitive about a whale than her.

Well, anyway, the reason Laboon acted like that was because of Buggy. Buggy scared the whale a few years ago using Conqueror Haki because it blocked his crew's way. Since then, Laboon always remembers it and it gets scared to ram its head onto the Red Line because it thought Buggy will get pissed and come.

It sounds good but also bad at the same time because Laboon doesn't hurt itself anymore. But it's also sad because now Laboon gets scared every time it looks at Buggy. Luckily, it opens up a bit to Buggy after he apologized and Laboon also knows that it is Buggy who brought Brook back.

Then after spending a few days there, The Clown Pirates decide to leave. They are resuming their break, so they want to do many things. Brook will stay there for the duration of their break because he can't leave Laboon after just reuniting again.

No one minds it, so they leave Brook on the Twin Cape and sail again. They go to an island pointed by their Log Pose and it guides them to Whisky Peak. It's a home for bounty hunters, but no one dares to even get closer to Clown Pirates.

The Crew's name is very known in Grandline, after all. It's not only because they have become so famous now. But they've also explored Grandline, especially Paradise more than any crew existed right now, even Whitebeard Pirates.

Many civilians who live on the islands that they've visited actually like The Clown Pirates though. Although the crew always mind their own business, they never attack civilians like other pirates. They were even helping civilians when they came across something.

But well, there's no civilian on Whisky Peak as they all are hungry hunters. These guys are afraid of Clown Pirates who can wipe them out very easily. So no one creates a problem with them, which is great.

"Alright, so who will stay in Grandline in this break?" asks Buggy to his crew.

Many of them raise their hands and only 11 people don't. Buggy nods and tells them to take their stuff. They do as he says and everyone on the island witnesses Clown Pirates' members leaving the ship with their luggage.

"Are they disbanding their crew?" asks someone.

"No way, why would they disband their crew at that level?" asks someone else.

"Maybe they are dismissing some of their crew members," says another one.

"Then, isn't this our chance? If they dismiss a lot of people, doesn't this mean they have many spots to fill?" asks an idiot.

The others seem to get enlightenment and they all now think the same. They want to join Clown Pirates even though they are bounty hunters. For money-oriented people like them, the profession doesn't matter as long as they get money

So the idiots immediately rush to the ship while the others who have some pieces of brain stay behind to look at the situation first. The idiots immediately tell Buggy that they want to join the crew without asking any questions first.

Buggy is quite confused by this, but then Enel tells him what these guys want because Enel has heard all their conversations. It makes Buggy laugh because this is just too funny. But then he seems to get an interesting idea.

"Fine, I will allow you to join my crew with only 1 requirement. Anyone who manages to defeat even 1 of my crewmates will replace that person," says Buggy while grinning.

All his crewmates who are just about to leave for their break look back at him. They all have the same expressions that say, "Yo, what the hell, bro? I thought we are on a break."

Buggy looks back at them with an expression that says, "But don't you think it's amusing? This will be fun too, for sure."

This sure sounds fun to them, but it doesn't mean they want to do it just because it's fun. Still, it's not like they have any choice here. This is what their Captain wants, so they need to do it even though they just want to enjoy their break.

"D-do we really need to defeat them?" asks an idiot.

"What? You're scared? I thought you want to join my crew, one of the strongest crews in the world. This kind of requirement is necessary, isn't it? But well, maybe it's too much for you, so I'll lower it a bit. If even one of my crewmates gets defeated, then all of you will enter my crew," says Buggy while grinning.

The bounty hunters widen their eyes and smile greedily. Even those who are looking at the situation start to come out. They will risk it if it means they can join an Emperor Crew that surely has a lot of money.

Meanwhile, the Clowns are doing a small lottery to choose the one who will face the idiots. It is then decided that one of their nerd scientists will fight the bounty hunters. The scientist's name is Henry, he is a rather short and skinny man with dark baggy eyes because of his lack of sleep.

Buggy raises an eyebrow because he never thought that the bounty hunters will be so lucky. Henry is the crew's undisputed weakest adult member. So he is the bounty hunters' biggest chance to enter the crew.

"Well, aren't you lucky, mongrels? He is our weakest member right now, so your chance to win is higher now," says Buggy while grinning.

The bounty hunters smile sinisterly when they hear that and they immediately prepare their weapons.

"Sigh, I just want to go to some islands for my research immediately. Well, let's hurry up and finish it so I can go soon," says Henry before yawning.

The bounty hunters get irritated seeing Henry's attitude. But they don't say anything because it means they will have more chances now. So they just look at Henry before they rush at him while some are shooting him from the back.

Henry is just looking at them before his body wobbles as if he's about to fall asleep while standing. But those wobbles make him evade all the bullets the bounty hunters shoot. He is still yawning while wobbling around, making it looks like he's very sleepy.

The bounty hunters are surprised, but they keep attacking him. Then when the melee attackers get closer, a spinning saw blade tied with chains comes out of Henry's sleeve. The Clown Pirates are sighing seeing this because they know what will happen.

"Sigh, it's over," says Deon.

"Yeah, that crazy bastard is actually enjoying this," says Cricket.

"It's lucky that we let him join us. This guy would be a psychopath if he was left on his own," says Palu.

The reason why they say those things is because of Henry's true nature. He is someone who loves science and does many research with Ruff. But he is also someone who likes fighting with violent methods.

His weapon is crazy enough, but his expression is crazier. The sleepy and stressed Henry has disappeared. He is now smiling evilly and he looks like a crazy demon right now. It makes the bounty hunters surprised and they start to think that it's a bad idea.

But it's too late because they've gotten closer to Henry. Henry then swings the saw tied with chains to the bounty hunters. His swings are fast and he can cut their bodies every time he swings. He doesn't cut them completely though and just gives them flesh wounds.

It doesn't take long for Henry to defeat all the bounty hunters. Then he returns to his sleepy self in an instant. His crewmates are always amazed at his instant transformation that looks like a Devil Fruit power.

Buggy smirks and says, "Well, this is a good action before a long break."
______________________________________________
You can read up to 35+35 chapters ahead of my fanfics and more pictures on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Voting for this book is highly appreciate. Cover image is the MC, artist's ig: @fatmaqn_

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 382 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 393 of Transcended as Lord Buggy
3. Pictures of both stories (ex: bounty poster & magazine cover) by fatmaqn_

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)