02

The cheers of the audience reverberated in my chest. As I lay on the ground. My eyes were half open as I gazed at the man before me. His eyes glinted deep red as his transparent ruby eyes pierced through mine. No mercy was visible in them. It hurted like hell, and still, when his heart shaped lips curled up in a smile. A weird fluttery feeling arose in the pits of my stomach, messing up with my mind. I hung in between the pain and pleasure.

I softly opened my eyes, staring at the ceiling in dilemma. Why did I dream about the past? I wondered. My body was paralyzed for a few moments as I couldn't even move a muscle. I tensed up body relaxed after a moment as I became more awake. And, rubbing  my oily face sitting up straight on the bed.

"Fuck!" I grumbled, it was the first word I spoke as soon as I woke up. I gazed around my dorm room one last time before getting up from the bed.

I proceeded to get ready. I slip on a pair of high-waist boyfriend jeans and leapt into the oversized yellow hoodie, braiding my mid length hair. I wore a snapback. I checked myself in the mirror  before taking a selfie and sending it my mom as she requested me to do every morning for proof that I woke up on time. Then, I grabbed my bag to go down to the lobby for breakfast.

After breakfast, I came out of the building making my way to the university. I was staring at the map, trying to figure out where could my lecture hall would be. I should probably ask someone, I can't figure out by looking at this shitty piece of paper.

The world around me smelled like Earth, trees covered with fiery red leaves and yellow leaves. Looked pretty it reminded me of my home. I shake off the longing feeling in my heart and looked around for a person who looked free. I saw this guy standing under the tree in grey hoodie, facing otherside gazing at his phone while sipping his morning coffee. 

And I decided to ask for his help, "Excuse me!"

Cold breeze blew as soon as he turned around. Making the left out strands of my hair enter right in my eyes. I couldn't help but, curse the damn wind under my breath as I removed the strands of hair from my face and softly open my eyes.

"Yes?" A familiar baritone voice rings in my ear.

My blood turns cold and my heart dropped to my stomach.

It can't be him.

I crumpled the paper in my hand, heart beating wildly as I mustered the courage to lift my head to look at the tall guy standing before me. My eyes automatically fixated on his. I see red colour swirling in his slught brown orbs before they shone like red gems. His small lips curling into a smirk.

It's fucking real. I'm not dreaming. 

I swallowed the lump that appeared in my throat. My gaze drooping to my feet as I curled my toes.

I stepped  back, "Sorry wrong person,"

Took another step back when I heard his familiar voice invading my ear, "Are you sure you look like you wanted to ask something?"

I kept looking down fixing my snapback so he does not see my face and shook my head, "No I don't," I replied shortly.

And turned around shortly after replying. My heart pounding in my head my feet and possibly every body part I could think of as limped away from him feeling completely awful and drained just from eye contact.

I stomped down the stairs unaware of someone. My body was all tensed up when I run into someone and stumbled backwards.

"Watch out," About to lose my balance when the hand reached out, holding me in place. I looked at her, the girl I just run into. She had a concerned look laced on her face.

"Are you alright?" She asks hesitating, looking at me from top to bottom and then back at my face.

"I'm fine, thank you and Sorry!" I said standing straight.

"It's okay, I should be sorry I wasn't watching," She said chuckling.

She looks at the map in my hand and then back at me, "Are you a fresherman?"

"Yeah, And I'm lost," I said awkwardly looking at the crumpled piece of the map in my hand and she chuckles.

"I got lost too on my first day, it's a big place after all. By the way, my name is Park Narae I'm a second-year business major," She introduces herself.

I smile going on with mine, "Kim Yeona literature major," I said.

"Cool, Let me help you out." She said wrapping her arms around my shoulder. I was slightly surprised and just chuckled.

She showed me my department and I figured out my classroom.