32

When I opened my eyes I saw two cribs in front of me. Two girls wrapped in pink cloth. They looked identical like all the infants looked the same. I guess they were twins. I suddenly saw one child open her eyes, they were bright golden. I saw her giggling, my eyes followed the line of gaze. 

Professor Namjoon was standing in front of the crib, slowly rocking it. A soft smile spread on his lips. He looked at the kid. I could see visible adoration in his eyes. Suddenly, he looked up from the crib and gazed at the bed on which a woman was lying. She suddenly opened her eyes and turned her body. Mom? 

I looked back at Professor Kim, his eyes glinted golden like the child. Suddenly, mom closed her eyes dozing off. If that's mom? Does that mean these twins are me and Yeonhee? I mechanically tilted my head towards the crib. 

I could hear him draw sharp breaths before he leaned forward picking the child with gold…. Is it me? I have golden eyes when I use magick. Professor Namjoon hugged the baby, "You look so much like your mother," He said smiling, his voice wavering. Tears filled his eyes while he kept hugging me. 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't protect your mother."

"I'm sorry Yeona…my baby." 

What a thunderclap these words were to me. What is he saying? My mom is alive? Why is he calling me his baby? 

All of a sudden everything around me darkened. I saw a tunnel in front of me and a scene at the other end of the tunnel. When I entered inside and went to the end. I found myself in a house. 

I saw my dad sitting on the couch while prof sat on the floor patting back on my younger self. I looked like I was 2 to 3 years old. 

"Solan keeps asking about Yeona, Namjoon!" My dad said grimly. I heard prof. sighing. He had closed his eyes as he got up and walked to a room. I walked behind him as he put me in the crib. I saw his eyes turning red, and as he tapped my forehead I saw the light from his fingers transferring. What did he do? Before I could comprehend he walked out. 

"You can take her whenever you want, I have done all the necessary things to keep her powers sealed. Did he seal my powers? I recalled how Ari told me that my powers were here and were slowly sweeping. If I forcefully try to open it I can die. I saw my dad smile pitifully at prof. 

"I will take care of her to the best of my abilities," Dad said as he put his hand on Prof's shoulder in an assuring manner. The scene changed once again, I saw Yeonhee running towards the gate of summer camp. Dad standing near his car and a man at the gate welcomed us with open arms. My eyes widened when I realized it was prof. A memory that I seemed to have forgotten. My dad always sent me and Yeonhee to summer camp from a young age. The instructor was prof all along. Why didn't I notice? When I and Yeonhee got lost and those people took away Yeonhee, the person who found me first was Prof. 

I recalled how closely he hugged me that day, I was not even in my right senses to remember what happened around me. I was badly injured at that time. 

I inhaled deeply, licking my dry lips. I slowly opened my eyes. An unfamiliar ceiling caught my sight immediately, I sensed someone sitting next to the bed. Perhaps Beomgyu? But, when I turned my head I saw Professor Namjoon sitting. Or should I say, my father? He was dozing off when he opened his eyes suddenly. 

"You woke up? Let me get you some water…."

"What should I call you?" I extended my hand and grabbed the hem of his shirt. He flinched, and I could see his eyes widen behind his spectacles. He yanked my hand and walked out of the room without saying anything. A sigh escaped my lips, I gazed around the room again feeling more awake than before. I pushed myself to sit on the bed. Somehow, I wasn't feeling the pounding pain I felt before passing out. I was indifferent to pajamas. Who changed my clothes?