31

When I opened my eyes. I found myself in the midst of the burning common hall. I wondered where I was somehow. I wasn't feeling the heat from all the fire. It was a dream. I was sure.

I heard someone yelling and screaming my name.

"YEONA! RUN AWAY!" When I looked back, I saw Beomgyu barely standing. He was masked with his own blood, his body badly burned. He walked towards me.

My eyes widened as I began backing away, seeing him coming close to me. He looked horrendous like that. I felt like I was being strangled. I couldn't breathe. My leg suddenly tripped on something, I fell back.

When I opened my eyes, I saw a girl who looked like me sitting on her haunches before me. Her face propped up on her palm as she stared at me with a blank face. She wore black bodysuit that covered her hands and neck and a black leather pants and thigh holster for knives. She looked exactly like me but something felt different. Her eyes looked full of craziness.

"Why are you so weak?" She asked. I couldn't help but scoff.
"What the hell! Who are you?"
"I'm you."
"What?"
"You saw that earlier right?"
"What?"

She suddenly grabbed my arms pulling me extremely close to her face. Her eyes were bloodshot red, bulging out.

"The man you love was covered in blood and you still couldn't save him. You know how many times he had died. I can't even count it…."
Huh? Suddenly I felt her hand wrapped around my neck. She squeezed my neck with all her strength, straggling me.

Yeona opened her eyes, rolled off the bed. She did not care to look in her surroundings and ran outside. No matter who called her name. She did not stop.

"YEONA!"
"STOP! YOU'LL GET HURT!"
"SOMEONE STOP HER!"

She rushed down the stairs, and pushed the door with all her strength and ran in the garden, barefoot. When she felt her hand being held by someone. She was pulled back, embraced in a warm hug. Tight enough to restrict her movement. No matter how much she tried to push him away. He was way too strong.

"Calm down, it's me." The soft familiar voice said. Beomgyu. I knew in instant. I freezed for a moment. My head was already pounding because of all the pain. Seeing that I was not moving anymore. He finally let me go, I stepped away from him.

My eyes were barely open and when I turned around swiftly I saw Beomgyu standing before me. He wore white shirt was unbuttoned.

I could see bandages wrapped around his chest and shoulder. I recalled him taking a bullet for me. My eyes flickered from bandages wrapped around his chest to his beautiful sculpted face that gleamed under the moon light.

His brows furrowed, "Yeona…" His eyes filled with worry.

I frowned, not being able to understand the reason why he was staring at me like that. I sensed the wetness on my philtrum, when I looked down, I saw my white pyjamas tinted with red blood droplets. And my body shining golden.

I saw some people running towards us. Ari, Narae, Dr. Choi and someone else whom I don't know. All of them looked somewhat terrified. My body began to retreat on its own. The pounding pain in my head spread to my chest.

I began stepping back. Beomgyu walked towards me. But Dr. Choi and another tall guy held him back. Narae was stopping Ari from coming close to me. Why? My eyes blurred with tears, before darkening. The overbearing pain drove me to my limits.

Beomgyu's eyes watched Yeona in panic. As her whole body was engulfed in overwhelming energy. Harsh winds pushing them back, Beomgyu struggled to free himself from the clutches of his brother.

"Are you crazy? You'll die!!"
"Let me go! Fuck off!" Beomgyu growled, his eyes glowing red and veins popping out. Black mist coming out from his body, Yeonjun and Soobin tried their level best to stop him from jumping into a mana explosion.

All of sudden the bright light went out, darkness once again engulfed the garden leaving everything silent. Everyone froze, not being able to understand what just happened? Yeona was nowhere to be seen.

Yeonjun and Soobin's grip on my body loosened. I felt all the strength in my legs leaving, making me kneel on the ground. My mind was completely blank while I gazed at the place Yeona was engulfed in that energy. I could hear sharp breathing noises, shifting my eyes from that place to find Ari looking at the place Yeona disappeared in shock.

"What was Ari?"
"Oh my god, YEONJUN! WHERE DID SHE GO?" She shrieked. Yeonjun went to her side holding her in his arms. She hysterically shaked him with all her strength asking him where she go? Exactly…. Where did she go?

"What was that?" I asked.

Ari finally shifted her gaze at me. Her eyes widened, "Beomgyu please find her! She is very important!"
"I WILL FIRST TELL ME WHAT THE HELL WAS HAPPENING TO HER? SHE IS NOT DEAD RIGHT?" I yelled on top of my lungs losing my cool. Ari flinched hearing his dominating voice. This was something she began feeling after being marked by Yeonjun.

Beomgyu was the leader of the Toreador clan, an extremely powerful hybrid of vampire, werewolf and a demon. His only flaw was that he was cursed. She was naturally afraid of someone who was so powerful.

"Be-" Yeonjun tried to intervene but Beomgyu cut him off, "Shut up! I don't want to listen to you babbling right now!"

Beomgyu walked closer to her, black mist running berserks. He leaned forward closer to her face, his eyes bulging out. He barely stopped himself from killing Ari, who was shuddering in fear.

Yet she managed to blurt out the information he was so eager to listen to, "She was caught in a mana explosion… it is something that happens when the mana inside the body is much more than a person can handle." Ari said sobbing. "... she isn't dead. I can feel her energy, it's very weak so I cannot trace where she is right now. Please find her. She is very important."

"Why is she important?"
"She….?" Ari stammered, exchanging glances with Narae. Who nodded, assuring her that it's alright for her to tell him.

Ari gulped, breathing heavily and replied.
"She is the Queen of witches and wizards. The only daughter of Priestess Soojin and Son of hecate ...."

Soojin?

A/N: brain overflowing with ideas.