29

When I stepped out of the hall. I was greeted by an unfamiliar face. He was grinning, when he saw me. My heart skipped a beat as nervousness wrecked inside my chest. 

"Hello Miss Jang," He said. 

I used a different name for myself. When I came here my cousin knew about it. He simply thought I was scared of the outside world after that incident. It wasn't the case. I didn't have to explain why I was choosing a different name. 

"Hello um…"

"Yoo Minchul,"

"Uh...Yes Mr. Yoo. How can I help you?"

"My boss was impressed by your musical skills and wants to sponsor you. Would you like to come up and meet him?" 

"Uh...no need, I'm not looking for a sponsor at all. I just did it because someone asked me too," 

"Still he wants to meet you just once. Would you please come up?" 

"I…" I stopped giving it some thought. "Who is your boss?" 

"ATZ conglomerate CEO Park Seunghwa," He replied. 

What should I do? Should I just meet them? Well, I'm using disguised magic. 

"Okay," I said with a slight nod. He sighed in relief maybe and turned around as he began to lead me through the corridor. 

Narae was on her way to the banquet hall, where she came as Soobin's partner. Her eyes fixated on her phone as she checked messages. Suddenly, her wolf spirit began feeling agitated. Narae raised her head from the phone and in front of her was a blonde girl. She was standing right in front of the door of the banquet hall with a man before her as they talked. She could feel the dark aura oozing from the man. But it was the case with every other man so she chose to ignore it. 

It didn't take time for Narae to catch the whiffs of the blonde girl's scent and figure out who she was. Her eyes narrowed as she tried to figure out her identity. Before she could come to a conclusion, the girl already departed with the man beside her. 

She watched the girl till the end for one last time. Until she boarded the elevator and then stepped inside the banquet hall once again, still feeling uneasy in her heart. 

Yeona tightly grasped the violin case in her hand and used her other hand to rub her belly to calm her nerves. 

Park Seunghwa? It's not a very big conglomerate but they are still influential. I'll just meet them once. We climbed up the stairs and ended up in another hallway. Somehow, my chest began feeling uneasy as soon as I got close. The tip of my finger tingled as I looked ahead of me. Something didn't feel right. Should I just leave? 

"Awoo! Ouch!" I clutched my belly pretending to be hurt. 

"How about resting inside? I will bring you medicine." Now this is definitely suspicious. I narrowed my eyes and gazed at Mr. Yoo for a moment. Before running away from him catching him off guard.

"Catch her!!" I heard, and from the corner of my eyes. I saw more than five people chasing me. I stretched my legs further trying to run away. I appeared before the elevator. I desperately pressed the button multiple times for the door to open. 

When the door opened, I saw a red head standing there smiling gleefully. I felt the chills run down my spine. 

Damn all this is a trap!! But why are they before me? Not like they can see through the magick? 

"Michul can't even catch a stupid witch?" He said as he extended his hand towards me. I barely managed to dodge him, thanks to all the street fights I have ever done. My reflexes were quick. I began running in another direction of the hallway instead of boarding the elevator. I could feel people chasing after me. 

He knows I'm a witch? How? I remember Ari telling me to be wary of how I use magick. There are many monster clans that capture witches to satisfy their lust because witches are beautiful creatures and because of the disappearance of the Queen they have weakened. 

Damn are these people? I'm in trouble!!! 

Suddenly I sensed someone coming from the opposite side. They blocked my way. And they looked similar to the men behind me. Anxiety engulfed me and I swallowed hard; from the situation I knew I was in big trouble. 

Fucking hell! Do I need to fight all these people? 

Narae's eyes traced the tip of her drink, but her mind was somewhere else. All she could think about was that girl whom she had seen in the hallway.

"What is it?" Soobin asked, bringing Narae out of her tiny head. She glanced at Soobin nervously, shaking her head. "Nothing!" 

"You have been staring at your phone for an hour? Just call Ari if you want to,"

Narae's cheeks turned pink. She realised how childish she was behaving. Narae bit her lower lip and then quickly dialled Ari's number. 

Ringing for a while, Ari picked up.

Ari: "What is it?" 

Narae: "By any chance do you know where Yeona is right now?"

Ari: "Probably in her dorm...Why?" 

Narae:"Are you sure?" 

Ari: "... You're making me nervous. Is she in danger?" 

Narae: "You know where I'm right? I think I… Like...how do I frame it?" 

Ari: "You saw Yeona?" 

Narae: "No! She didn't look like Yeona!! But she had a distinct aura similar to that of Yeona." 

Ari: "You're assuming she might not be in the dorm?" Ari said in a breathy voice. 

Narae didn't say a word, Ari hung up. While Narae began to feel even more anxious. Now even Yeonjun was paying attention to Narae, wondering what they talked about. 

"Did something happen?" Soobin asked calmly. Narae took a sharp breath. 

"I think…"

Before she could complete her sentence, Narae's phone began to ring. Ari was calling, so she quickly answered the call. 

Ari: Yeona is around the place where you are!! If I say precisely she is in the same building!! Find her...I'm coming there as well.