06

[E D I T E D]

She was standing on the ledge, her long black hair fluttering in the air. Her eyes stared at the scene of the busy city before her as she hugged her belly bump. Her eyes were unfocused, a frown resting on her beautiful face. She turns her head and looks at me, her eyes widen as her purple-coloured eyes meet mine. Only one thought came in my mind as I saw her, How can she be so beautiful. Tears slipped down her eyes as she extend her hand towards me as if wanting to hold me. Why does she always cry looking at me? She smiled, sadly.

The ringing sound of the phone broke the dream. She disappeared as I opened my eyes in my dorm again. Breathing heavily, a groan escaped my lips. I extend my hand out from the blanket and take the phone, answering the call I put it on my ear.

"YEONA!!" Saori screams from the other side of the phone.
"GET OUT OF THE BED! WE HAVE A TRIP TODAY!" I put the phone away from my eardrums which seemed to be bleeding. I push myself to sit up.
"Thanks," I hang up breathing deeply.

I quickly roll off the bed. And, started with my morning routine a quick warm shower and changed into warm clothes as the winter is just around the corner. I dash out of the room, jumping on one leg while fitting my sneakers o  my foot.

"The bus is leaving all the students who have signed up for the literature camp students kindly board the bus—"
"WAIT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, stretching my legs further to reach there, running faster. I grabbed the handle and got into the bus, safely. Right on the time! My eyes darting across the seats, I find Saori waving her hand at me. I smiled, walking past her.

"Ms Yeona, you're late again?" The voice behind me asks, I mechanically turn my head to see the young professor's eyes piercing into mine.
I bow my head immediately, "I'm sorry Mr Namjoon, it won't happen again,"
"You've said that before,"
"I'm really sorry... It won't happen again." I repeated. I hear a sigh coming from him.
"Go and sit down, we are leaving." He said and walked away to sit in the front and I turned around and walked to Saori, sinking into the seat.

"Yeona...! What did Mr Kim say?"
"He is disappointed..." I smile sheepishly, sighing.
"Why don't you go to sleep on time?"
"I did! I did go to sleep on time but... Ugh! Whatever!"
"Don't you think Mr. Kim is very liberal with you?"Saori suddenly whispers in my ear, earning a frown and confused look from me.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, look how he always look over your mistakes but, if others do same mistake he lectures them."
"Are you crazy? I probably get privilege of being a good student. I always score good marks in his subject."
"Many others do as well," She leaned forward.
"I still scored the highest maybe that's why.... so get rid of your weird thoughts. It's nothing like that."
She huffed, "If you say so...."

~~~

"This place is huge!" I gasp, staring at the massive villa before my eyess.
"This place looks so classic!"Saori chirps, hugging my arm.

We ran inside the villa following Mr Kim. This camp was organised to make us understand some of the philosophical details of a book which was related to nature. It happened almost every year.

The gates of villa opened and along with other students me and Saori stepped inside. I felt a pang in my heart, making me weak to my knees. I felt like my heart was about to burst as something was rolling inside of it at unexplained speed.  I feel a hand on my back, "Breath deeply, Yeona!" I hear a masculine voice. I followed it.

"Breath deeply," I breathed. Inhaled. Exhaled. Inhaled. Exhaled. I looked up to see Mr Kim gazing at me worriedly. I jump away from him because of the shock.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asks and I nod furiously and he sighs walking away.
"Yeona? You alright?" Saori asks. I look at her, "What was Mr Kim doing here?"
"Well, He saw you hyperventilating and rushed immediately!" She explains with a smirk on her face making me squint my eyes but, then I recalled the conversation we had in bus. And, I creeped out.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim!" I immediately said, stepping away from him. He nodded before walking away. I glanced at Saori who simply smiled. After that we went on to settle in our rooms and then went into the woods with Mr. Kim as he made us understand one of the chapters of the book from our syllabus. After classes ended it was still noon and we were allowed to look around the woods.

While walking with each other, we were taking selfies. When I heard the sound of flute being played, instantly attracting all my attention. While my eyes were on the phone my mind was already diverted from the music. Just as Saori stepped away, I decided to turn around wondering where the sound of flute was coming from.

My eyes caught the obelisks standing erect appear right behind me, out of thin air. Instantly, my head began spinning, making my knees grow weak. I couldn't help but close my eyes. The loud drumming sound, followed by the sound of singing trickled in my ear. What language is this? I thought. But when I opened my eyes. The cold breeze blew. My plaid skirt swindled in the wind.

As my sight adjusted to the lighting, I was greeted by sight of endless abyss. I blinked rapidly, dumbfounded as I looked around only to see darkness. My heart begins trashing in my chest, breathing heavily. I called out, "SAORI!"

"SAORI! MR. KIM!" I yelled out the names. When I felt a hand curling around my nape.

~~~

"Saori!" Yeona's voice suddenly echoed in the woods, making Saori halt in her procession. A frown appeared on her face as the her voice sounded distant as she wasn't walking behind her. When Saori turned around to her surprise she wasn't walking behind, her.

"Yeona?" Saori called out her name as she walked down the oath she came.