24

Everything turns dark. All I could hear was Yeonhee's horrendous moaning and crying. From the narrow opening of the door. I could see a young guy hovering over her petite figure. His eyes full of lust as he stared at my sister. Her ocean blue eyes looked dead for the first time.

I opened my eyes and saw the air hostess smiling at me. I gasped for air and quickly rubbed my face. My eyes went out of the window and I realised that I had arrived at the island.

"Ma'am we have arrived," the Air hostess informed me and I quickly gathered my belongings.

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice!"

I told and quickly made my way out of the plane. I had that dream again. As soon as I stepped out, cold winter air hit my face. I waited for my bag to arrive and when it came. I pulled it out from the baggage carousel and walked off to the main gate where I saw my dad and younger brother waiting for me. A smile made its way to my lips. I ran across the passenger lounge and hugged dad.

"Oh! My daughter is finally back!" He said, hugging me back.

I stepped back smiling, "Yeah I am back," I gazed down at Yoonjae. I ruffled his fluffy hair before hugging him tightly.

"Noona! Get away from me,"
"Okay Okay! How are you doing kiddo?"
"Stupid Noona! I'm not a kid anymore," I mimicked what he said, making dad laugh. Yoonjae's face flustered. I gazed at dad and Yoonjae. He resembles dad so much. A sigh escaped my lips.

"C'mon sweetie let's go," Dad handled my luggage as we made our way towards the car.

"By the way, Yeona Jungwon is here. He said he wanted to meet you and stayed back last night."
"Yeah, I wonder why Jungwon hyung suddenly wants to meet you?" I glanced at Yoonjae with a cheeky smile.
"At Least my cousin is eager to meet me unlike my sibling pushing me away,"
"I'm not pushing you away! You-you are just weird,"
I raise my eyebrows mockingly, "What?" He ran around the car sitting in the passenger seat while me and dad kept my luggage in the trunk.

"Don't mind him. He kept asking about you entire day,"
I smiled, " I know!"

°°°
I arrived at home and met mom and I showed them the gifts I bought for them. While Jungwon was still sleeping. It was quite early in the morning, I didn't wake him up either.

"Noona?" I heard Jungwon calling my name. I looked back at the door to see him. He was in his superman pyjamas which made me second guess his age. He is just so baby faced.

"Good Morning, Wonnie!" He rolls his eyes, He plops on the couch.
"Good Morning! When did you come?"
"3 hours before?" His eyes widened.
"Why didn't you wake me up?"
"Because I was chatting with my family. Now that I've finished, I was going to come and wake you up. Did you do what I told you?"

Mom walks in the room with warm tea, I glanced at her with a smile. "What did you trouble him with again?"
"Nothing, just siblings things," I replied as I blew the hot drink. "By the way mom, I need to go somewhere with Jungwon."

After drinking tea Jungwon got dressed and we headed out.

'In the evening he comes back in the evening."
"I see..."My eyes drifted towards the convenience store and I suddenly had a craving for lollipops.

"Yah Wonnie do you want to eat something?" I asked as I walked towards the store.
"Maybe, choco chip cookies." He replies and we enter the store.

The girl near the cash, one of my ex classmates. Her expression turns foul as soon as she sees me. I gave her a smirk and ignored her. If you didn't waste your year trying to bully , you could've achieved something better. I looked around the store and I saw a tall guy in a hood. I walked in the aisle and quickly picked up the packet of lollies while Jungwon was still trying to decide what he wanted. I handed him some cash and walked out of the store. Cold breeze hitting my face. I quickly take off the wrapper of the lolli shoving it in my mouth.

I saw the hooded guy more closely. He had a similar body structure to Beomgyu. He blew out a puff of smoke. While, I recalled the memory from that night. Yeona. The way he called my name just remembering it heated up my body. I stiffened and my heart was pounding in my head. He was smoking a cigarette as he exhaled the puff.

He turned around suddenly, his eyes meeting mine. White stick is still attached to his mouth. His dark brown eyes never leave mine. I went blank and stopped breathing momentarily.

"Yeona?" Gosh! The way he calls my name. How am I supposed to ignore him when I can't even take my eyes off him?

"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"None of your business!" He replied and this was the first time. He talked to me so coldly that it pierced my heart. I bit my inner lips, while I watched him taking a whiff from his cigarette.

"Why are you talking like that to me?" I demanded, and he scoffed.
"Why? You talk like this to me everytime,"
"I-" My tongue tied when I recalled our conversation. I mentally face palmed myself for doing that to him.

His face was expressionless, hard to read. Why? He turned his back on me. Stomping over his lit cigeratte end as he began to walk away. My body moved on its own accord and I ran down the street and grabbed his sleeves.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I asked, He yanked my hands, "And why should I tell you?"
"Because, because you kissed me!" I once again face palmed myself. What the fuck am I saying?
He chuckles, "Seriously Yeona, that's very stupid of you to think that small kiss mattered to me,"
"But it mattered to me, it was my first kiss. And you should take responsibility for it and answer my question,"
"Which age are you living in?"
"18th century,"
"Aren't you afraid of me? I'm enemy of your kind?" He yelled, unable to hold his anger. My breath hitched hearing his raised voice. It didn't really matter.

"I know, I know this two that you are not a bad person,"
"Yeona, baby when did you became so naive?" He asked, his voice full of mockery. I gulped when he leaned forward his eyes flashing burgundy.

I extended my hand to hold his hand. Beomgyu's body stiffened when Yeona's warm hand wrapped around his cold ones. He wanted to pull away, but her grip was strong.

"I'm not naive. If you are really my enemy why did you ask me to run away when you were losomg control on yourself?" She asked, her heart hammering in her chest.

Beomgyu stared at her flushed face, her cheeks reddish because of the coldness. And her golden eyes still shining like bright topaz in white backdrop. Desires inside Beomgyu were stirred yet again seeing her standing before him unarmed. All he could think was how he would take her right there and then. He wanted those topaz eyes to cry and beg to him. And yet he didn't wanted to hurt her.

He cups my cheeks tracing his cold thumb on my lips, "Yeona! I don't want to hurt you any further!"
"Why do you think you will hurt me?" Yeona bellowed.

"I'm a monster, my desires are hard to suppress," He replied.

Her eyes were wide open, she could not understand what he wanted to say.

".... Your desire is to hurt me?" Yeona looked puzzled.

There was a different smile on his face, which was difficult to understand. Yeona squinted her eyes trying to comprehend. Hurt me? Like punch me in the face or what? Beomgyu stepped away from me, retrieving his hands. He disappeared.