33

"How do you know her?" He asked in anticipation. I would've told him,  but what if he asks what I have seen? I possibly can't tell if I have seen them performing coitus. 

"Uh? I feel like puking…." I said removing the sheets to get off. 

"Let me help you. Where do you want to go?" He forgot the moment, I said I wasn't feeling well. Thank God, he doesn't know my personality yet. Mom would have caught me in seconds. 

"To the bathroom!" I replied hastily and got off the bed. I never expected my feet to shake, is it because I'm weak right now? Most probably. He guided me to the bathroom and I walked inside a sigh escaping my lips.  This is the best place to avoid prying eyes. My heart suddenly felt at ease. 

I leaned against the wall trying to calm my mind and gather all my thoughts before getting out. 

I was able to avoid Professor asking me questions very easily. I started recalling many moments that I had spent with him without my knowing. I couldn't believe it at first but he was always around me ever since I was a child. He was the instructor at the summer camp where I and Yeonhee went. I couldn't remember his face because of the trauma I faced after losing Yeonhee. He told me that he couldn't save her because it was her fate and my fate was to save her. I can't understand what he means. I will save her, that's for sure. He said I will understand my purpose soon. 

He has also said that my mana is currently not stable and I can go through the same thing anytime, it will be better to be close to him. He had asked me to reside in his apartment. I also brought my luggage from the dorm, thankfully I had yet to unpack my stuff. He is my father, but something is still irking me. I still can't understand the history of my birth. I still haven't asked him about it either.

I shrugged my shoulders, resigning my last thought of the day before losing myself to sleep. 

Namjoon sat in the reading corner of his room. Softly turning the pages of the book he was reading, his eyes completely fixated on it. It was like a daily ritual for him to read something before sleeping. 

Suddenly,  he heard the sound of light steps in Yeona's room. The sound of the door sliding open. He knew Yeona was going on the balcony. Maybe she can't sleep. It's a new place after all. He dismissed his thoughts after concluding. But, his heart felt uneasy. He shook his head, taking off his spectacles and putting the book aside.  

He walked to Yeona's room, knocking three times when he got inside. His eyes instantly gazed at the balcony. He saw them standing at the edge grabbing the railing ready to jump. A gasp left his mouth as he ran toward the balcony and grabbed Yeona's arm pulling her away from the railing inside the room. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Namjoon's loud voice woke Yeona up from her slumber with a flinch. She breathed heavily. 

"Professor? What are you doing here?" Yeona asked in her groggy voice. 

"Why were you trying to jump off?" He asked Yeona to raise her eyebrows. 

"I was trying to jump off? I was sleeping!!" She replied, rubbing her eyes. She looked at the balcony, one of her slippers on the balcony turned upside down and another was nowhere to be seen. 

Her pulse quickened as she analyzed the situation. She gazed at Namjoon, cold sweat appearing on her forehead. 

"I– I don't know. All I remember is having nightmares. I was going to jump?" Yeona said breathing still not believing it. 

"You don't sleepwalk, then— I think we should visit a doctor. Now c'mon go to bed." Namjoon said, helping Yeona up from the floor and taking her to her bed.