36

"13!"

When she said thirteen. I was taken aback. To experience something like that at an age of playing around. I felt sad for her sister who went through something so inhuman at that young age. Only if she wasn't born with powers that would determine the fate of this world, things would've been so different for these sisters. They would have been enjoying their youth.

Suddenly, the image of 14-year-old Yeona resurfaced in my mind. Who got up from the floor even after being beaten badly. Her eyes looked lifeless, no matter how many times I punched her down, she would get up again and again.

Whispering, "This is not enough..."

The mentality of that child was finally making sense to me. To her, she thought that she deserved it. She has to go through it because her sister must be experiencing something similar.

And now, that I know it. I couldn't even dream of touching her. Sucking in a deep breath, I rubbed my palm against my face roughly. Trying to calm my enraged mind. I fucking wanted to kill those bastards of the Sabbat consortium.

When I looked back at Yeona, her expression was back to usual. Her eyes looked so sharp that they would pierce anything. She was breathing rhythmically as if trying to calm herself. Her lips were pursed tightly. While she cooked for herself. Suddenly she grinned.

"You've to help me Beomgyu! You'll help me right?" She asked, her voice sounding unusually deep and eerie.

"Yeah, I'll help you." Because her being close to them is becoming my liability.

After Yeona is her food, she took a shower and changed into one of Beomgyu's oversized sweatshirts, and went to sleep. Beomgyu on the other hand decided to meet his brothers telling them about the entire incident.

"I can't believe that bastard would be so sick in the head. 13-year-old girl seriously!" Yeonjun's eyebrows pulled down and their nose wrinkled up in disgust.

"If she has been with them for so long, by now the curse must have been nullified." Soobin interrupted. All the colors left his face.

Beomgyu gazed outside the window quietly, smoking. He blew out whiffs of smoke and tapped his cigarette end on the ashtray to make the ashes fall.

"Now the question comes, how are her powers going to help us?" Beomgyu asked, turning he faced Ari and Narae.

"She is the reincarnation of the Great Sorceress who placed the curse on you predecessor. Only she knows how to lift it...." Ari started.
"I don't think she remembered anything from her past life?" Beomgyu said as he leaned against the wall.
"She will begin remembering once she gains all of her powers."

Beomgyu breathed out and pinched his nose in frustration. When his phone suddenly began ringing. He flared his nostrils out of annoyance taking out his phone from his pocket. It was the guard he had put to observe Yeona. He quickly answered the phone.

"Hel--"
"Patriarch! That lady is standing on the ledge. It seems like she is planning to jump off."

Beomgyu didn't have any time to react. Beomgyu quickly opened the window and jumped out of the building. Everyone followed him to the window to see what he was up to. They saw black most covering his body and not long after a black werewolf came out and began running.

Yeona stood at the ledge gazing aimlessly at the street. The cars were passing, and everything was lit and bright even at night.

"I can die right here. You won't be able to stop me Yeona!" Yeona whispers to herself as an eerie smile appeared on her face.

Yeona climbed on top of the ledge. Adrenaline rushed in her veins, eyes were full of craziness.

"You don't need to live. Your life itself is useless!" She whispered before taking a step forward, her body lost balance, and a gasp left her lips. When she began to fall off the ledge. The cynical smile never left her face as she slowly began closing her eyes, readily embracing death.

Things once again didn't go her way, a pair of arms wrapped around her. Pulling her body against gravity. She furrowed her brows and opened her fiery eyes to glare at the person who had attempted to save her.

When her golden orbs met a pair of crimson eyes glaring at her. All of her anger disappeared into thin air. Yeona's mouth was left ajar as she gaped at him. His big black wings flapped loudly before disappearing. He landed himself and her safely on the terrace.

"Beomgyu...." Yeona whispers, tears forming in her eyes. But what Beomgyu did was far from what Yeona had expected. He grabbed her by the jaws and pushed her against the wall.

His breathing was rugged, "What do you think you were doing huh?" He growled.
"Are you out of your damn mind? Just now you wanted to save your sister so why the fuck did you jump? You could've died if I didn't reach here on time!! WHY ARE YOU QUIET NOW? YEONA?"

His scolding turned deaf ear to Yeona and all she heard was him calling her name.

"Beomgyu..... You're alive? Your breathing. You're not hurt?" Yeona mumbled as she touched his bare body to inspect any wounds. Beomgyu was more shocked than anything to hear her say something like that. And his expression showed, How confused he was at that time.

Yeona hugged me tightly and then began leaving wet kisses on my cheeks, lips, jaws, and neck. Before crashing her lips on mine, and kissing him.

I lost my balance after being caught off guard when she kissed me. Her lips moved so rhythmically and skillfully knowing when to use the opportunity to enter her tongue in my mouth. I knew at that moment this wasn't her. No way in the world she can turn into such a skillful kisser in one night. She couldn't even breathe just a few hours back when he kissed her.

Beomgyu grabbed her arm pushing her away, "Who are you?"

"I'm your Yeona!"

My nose scrunched up in disgust instantly, when she said that coquettishly.

"What's with you? Why are you behaving all cringe?"I asked not expecting her eyes to water. Tears began falling from her eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Don't you love me anymore?" She began sobbing.

Inside me, I had this instinct, that it was useless to talk to her. She looks like a lovesick puppy. And, she is crying. Why are you crying here? This not where I want to make you cry? And it's irritating. I need to make her stop.

So Beomgyu wrapped his arms around her lifting her off the floor in his arms.

"Yeona... I'm. Sorry! I will never look at you like that again. I'm sorry!"
"You don't love me!" She cried.
"I love you literally, I love you very much please stop crying! Why are you crying suddenly?"
"You pushed me away when I was kissing you?" She said still sobbing while I teleported to my room. I have goosebumps all over my body. Even though she is cute. This is awkward.

"Please don't cry, I'll let you kiss me all you want."
"And you will sleep with me tonight?"
"Okay will sleep with you tonight!"

How did this situation turn so comical in an instant? Here I was worrying about her falling and dying. I was supposed to scold her. What am I doing now?

A/N:
Double update cause I'm impatient as hell. I've exams but I downloaded them cause ideas were following, why do ideas follow at the wrong time? Anyways. Hope you guys like it. There are some situations and scenes in this I want to explain more vividly but with my current vocabulary it seems impossible. But I hope I'm able to impart that feeling to you while you read. Anyways! Thank you for loving this book so much❤️❤️❤️