Chapter:14

"Let me... think about this, and I'll get back to you."

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you," said Taeyong as he looked at Lisa with love.

After Lisa left the restaurant, she headed directly to the hospital. Her little brother didn't wake up yet, so she stayed in the VIP room to look after him.

Meanwhile, her mother's mental state had grown worse. She began acting more anxious, looking like she was about to explode at any moment.

Lisa, exhausted, sat on the bench outside the VIP room and dug her head deep into her arms.

"Lisa."

"Head Nurse," Lisa said with difficulty after she recognized who it was.

"I heard what happened, I'll allow you to go on leave for the next few days. Take care of your little brother first."

"Thank you, Head Nurse."

"I know all about your situation at home. Those in the OB/GYN department put together some money for you, please take it. We'll think of something else if it isn't enough."

"No, I can't take it..." said Lisa as she grew uneasy.

"Take it, it's just a little something from all of us... We all want your brother to get better."

Lisa nodded, as tears emerged from the corners of her eyes.

She begged Kai, but it was futile. She begged her classmates, but they all spoke of conditions. It might be too much to say that it was like pouring salt on the wound, but they sure were opportunistic. She couldn't be more grateful now that her colleagues had done this voluntarily.

The truth was, kindness between humans were mutual. Lisa had fully committed herself in the half-year since she began working in the OB/GYN department. She had done all kinds of dirty work, and often picked up her colleagues' unwanted shifts, so she was very well liked within the department. Even though the Head Nurse was very strict, she was still a very ethical and a kind person.

"I have to run off now. Get yourself together, your brother still needs you." The head nurse turned to leave after she patted Lisa's shoulders.

Just then, a WeChat message suddenly popped up.

Lisa took her phone, looked at it, and saw that it was from Chaeyoung.

"I heard that you've asked Taeyong for money?"

"Yes."

"Don't ask him for money. Don't you know what he wants from you? You're walking into his trap."

"Shouldn't you say that Taeyong walked into my trap instead?"

"Don't be silly, what are you talking about? I'm not kidding. He would never lend money to you for no reason," Chaeyoung replied angrily.

"Yes, he does have conditions. He wants to be engaged to me, and get married within a month."

"Well, what do you think?"

"I want to agree."

"Are you crazy? You want to marry a guy like him? Don't you know what kind of person he is?" Chaeyoung was now very agitated.

"Chae, I have to marry someone anyway, and if I can't marry someone I love, why would anything else matter?"

Chaeyoung grew silent on the other side.

After a few moments, Chaeyoung finally replied carefully, "Lis, have you ever thought about asking Jungkook for help? Maybe he could help you."

"I would rather marry Taeyong than beg Jungkook."