Chapter 39

"I'm going on a business trip to Taipei. The flight is tomorrow night, do you want to go together?" Jungkook asked.

"Me? I can't, I have to go to work."

"Take a leave. We'll be back in two or three days."

"I don't want to go, I'm really not in the mood and won't be able to enjoy myself." Lisa shook her head; she didn't want to go and ruin his mood.

The hospital was in chaos. If she went on a vacation, what would happen if the patient's family were to create a scene at the OB/GYN department or pick on Wonyoung?

She didn't want to leave them with her mess to clean up.

"No worries." Seeing that she didn't want to go, Jungkook didn't push further.

He looked down at his watch – it was 8 PM.

"Are you hungry? Do you want to get something to eat?"

Lisa shook her head…

"Did something happen at the hospital?" Jungkook couldn't help but ask as he noticed how lifeless Lisa was.

"Nothing happened. I think I'm just not used to the new department I'm in."

Lisa didn't tell Jungkook what happened at the hospital because she didn't want to worry him.

He was already exhausted from working at JC, day in and day out.

"Alright then, you should go to bed. I'll be organizing documents in the study."

"Okay."

Then, Lisa went upstairs, took a shower, and climbed into bed…

Suddenly, her phone began to ring…

It was an unfamiliar number; Lisa hesitated for a while before picking up.

"Hello?"

"Is this Lisa?" A man's voice sounded on the other end. The voice was somewhat familiar.

"Yes, it is. Who am I speaking with?"

"My name is Kim Mingyu."

"Kim Mingyu?" Lisa was a little confused. She didn't remember knowing someone with this name.

"I'm the forensics guy you went out with last time," he emphasized.

"Oh, it's you." Lisa remembered. It was that guy the head nurse introduced her to last time.

"What are you doing?" Mingyu asked Lisa out of the blue.

"I'm about to sleep."

"This early? I was going to ask you out to dinner." Mingyu was a little disappointed.

"No, but thank you for your offer."

"Um… What's your WeChat account? Can I add you?" Mingyu asked.

"I don't really use WeChat," Lisa politely rejected him once again.

"Oh, I see. In that case, I'll call you another time."

After hanging up, Lisa realized that she never gave him her phone number.

He probably got it from the head nurse.

The hospital was in shambles, she didn't have time for other people right now.

The next morning, Jungkook woke up early to make toast and warm milk.

However, Lisa didn't see him when she woke up. She took a few bites and went to work.

As soon as she arrived at her department, Wonyoung dragged her off to the side. In a hushed tone, she said, "Unnie, the director is back."

"Isn't the director at an out-of-town conference?" Lisa was confused.