Chapter:156

"I didn't ask them to come."

"Is that okay... it's JC's 30-year anniversary, it must be important to them too." Lisa was a little surprised.

"My dad didn't want to come, because he didn't want my mom to cause a scene... so neither of them came."

"I'm sorry." Lisa felt bad and reached out to tightly grasp Jungkook's hand.

"Why are you apologizing?" Jungkook looked at her tenderly.

"If it weren't for me, you and your parents' relationship wouldn't be as tense... and they would've come to the 30-year-anniversary party."

"Don't apologize... I'm willing to endure blame from the entire world for you..."

Jungkook never thought what Lisa did was wrong...

Plus, it wasn't that he treated his parents badly or was unfilial to them...

Their relationship was a bit tense, that's all...

His father had now understood and accepted Lisa, so he didn't want to bring upon negative news to the corporation.

His father took a plane to the United States today, and while his mother wreaked havoc at home, crying and causing a disturbance...

She even wanted to go to the anniversary party, but Jungkook arranged for his mother to be kept at home.

Four bodyguards stood outside the Jeon Manor...

Mrs. Jeon yelled, bellowed, and cried like a crazy woman, but in the end, she still couldn't leave her house...

This was the first anniversary party Jungkook oversaw since he became JC's president, and he didn't want anything to go wrong.

He had seen how unreasonable his mother could be...

That was why he resorted to such a subpar measure...

Performances began at exactly 9:30 AM...

Two renowned MCs walked up to the stage and began their opening dialogue...

Then, dancers began dancing...

The speakers in the ballroom were high-end, comparable to that of a concert.

"Kook... how much did we have to pay the hotel for an event like this?"

To Lisa, Ritz Carlton had always been too expensive...

The hotel environment was good – everything was good, but even during offseasons, standard rooms cost more than 500k per night.

So many people came to JC's celebration, eating and staying here; plus, a performance of this scale was being held in its biggest ballroom.

It must've cost a fortune.

"Nothing."

"Um... are they sponsoring us?" Lisa was shocked.

"No, I bought this hotel."

"Okay... Mr. Moneybags, you sure can do whatever you want."

It was then that Lisa realized why so many company meetings were held at Ritz Carlton.

It turned out that Jungkook already bought the hotel, making it a subsidiary of JC...

This was Lisa's first time listening to Soobin sing live; he had a great voice.

It wasn't a pop-style fast song, nor was it sung in a language that no one could understand.

It was a simple Korean folk song.