Chapter 26

"One day, she will understand." After saying that, Jungkook lifted the shot glass in his hand and downed it.

Bambam had originally wanted to get drinks with his good friend to cheer him up, but instead, he seemed more depressed.

Upon leaving, Jungkook had to help Bambam walk, who seemed to be mildly drunk.

"Man, I'm telling you, that brat Lisa has such a screwed-up personality. Liking her is like asking for misery, but I'm also so envious of you. To have someone like that appear in your lifetime, taking up your entire life, to feel love for her so deep in your bones… it's really something for others to be jealous of…" Bambam said in a drunken manner.

In the end it was Jungkook who drove Bambam back to the bureau in his Maybach; apparently Bambam had to work the night shift.

A couple of the policemen at the Public Security Bureau began to gossip.

"Hey, that guy who just dropped off our captain seems to be a really good friend of his."

"Yeah, he's also really good looking. Even I'm jealous of him and I'm a man."

"What if the reason why the captain has never had a girlfriend is that he actually likes men?"

"No way! But the captain is so masculine. If he was gay, I'd bet that he's the one on top."

"Looks like you all have gotten too bored recently. Everyone needs to go out on a mission. Now." At some point, Bambam appeared in the doorway holding his head. He had originally wanted to drink some water but ended up hearing the others talking about him.

"Haha, captain, we're just joking, but speaking of, that car your friend drove was so flashy. He must be some rich guy, right?"

"Not only is he rich, he has so much money that you wouldn't be able to spend it all in this lifetime," Bambam said after taking a sip of water.

"Captain, does that friend of yours have a girlfriend yet? My elder sister is 27 years old this year, and she has a master's degree…" Bambam flicked the younger policeman in the head, cutting him off mid-sentence.

"Eh, Song, didn't you say that you were saving your sister for Captain Bam last time?" another officer interjected.

Bambam became stressed just listening to them...

*

Lisa was busy at the hospital all day, occasionally pulling out her phone to check the time. Her phone was exceptionally quiet today.

Not even a single call...

Looks like her words last night were too harsh. Was he angry now? Lisa thought.

Following this, she got up with her cup and walked to the lounge to get some water, but ended up bumping into Kai right outside the door.

"Lis." Kai's face was slightly red, and his breath reeked of alcohol.

"Did you want something?"

"I'm here for you." He stepped closer, and Lisa unconsciously took two steps back, increasing the distance between them.

"What is it, tell me."

"Are you still unwilling to forgive me?"

"Kai, we've talked about this before, I don't want to continue this conversation," Lisa looked at him, speaking calmly.

"But I can't let go of you. I can't forget you." Kai's eyes were red as if he had been crying.

"We're not kids anymore, don't be like this."