Chapter:103

"Oh you already had enough? What would happen if their PDAs gets even more intense later on? I told you not to come, but you were the one who insisted on coming. You're basically spending money to be tortured," Taehyung mumbled.

Many rich and famous people were invited to JC's charity dinner. Whether you received an invitation depended on how successful you were.

The point of this dinner was obvious – JC auctioned things, and you pay for them in the name of charity.

The reason why so many people were willing to attend was so that they could suck up to JC and its new president, in hope of future collaborations.

Jimin, on the other hand, didn't have to come at all. He was in the entertainment industry, and JC had yet to invest in this area.

He came because the name of JC's foundation name was the 'Lisa Foundation'.

Jimin knew that it was named after Lisa, so he had to come, and he dragged Taehyung along with him.

"You can start now," Jungkook ordered.

Then, the MC walked to the center of the stage and began his opening remarks...

"The first item we have is a white sandalwood fan. It's a part of JC's Chairman's collection. We'll be starting the bid at 2 million."

The rich businessmen began bidding against each other; in the end, the sandalwood fan was sold for a sky-high price of  4 million.

Lisa looked from below the stage; she was happy because she knew that all the funds they collected tonight would go to the Lisa Foundation.

Then, the money would be used to build schools and provide food for the children living in the poverty-stricken Seoraksan Mountain area.

An hour had passed, and the items were slowly auctioned off.

"Are you hungry?" Jungkook whispered by her ear.

"A little."

"It'll just be a while longer, we'll go get dinner once this is over."

"Okay." Lisa nodded.

Their fingers interlocked as they sat in the front row and watched the auction go on.

Finally, the MC announced, "Now, I would like to show everyone here our last item up for bid. It is JC's newest line of jewelry, co-designed by the company's seven renowned designers. Its name is 'Prosperous youth'.

Then, the MC began introducing the composition, style, and design concept of the jewelry on the overhead projector.

Lisa didn't realize that the jewels she was wearing were worth as much as 5 million until she heard the MC's introduction.

In the end, the MC announced, "Now, let's welcome Miss Lisa onto the stage to showcase this set of jewelry."

"Go on, don't be nervous," Jungkook consoled.

Lisa nodded; then, she got up to slowly walk onto the stage, standing right under the spotlight.

On her face was a warm, sweet smile. She looked beautiful.

Jimin couldn't take his eyes off of her ...

"Hey, stop staring at her, your eyes might get stuck if you stare for too long," Taehyung joked.

"The starting price of 'Prosperous Youth' will be 5 million. Any takers?"

"6 million," someone shouted.

"6.8 million."

"8.8 million."

"10.5 million."

This was a limited edition set that JC only produced one of. Therefore, many wealthy men wanted to buy it, either for their wife, their daughter, or their lover.