Chapter:45

Lisa knew that Jungkook went to negotiate with the patient's family for her, but she never expected things to progress so fast.

Before Jungkook even got home, the pregnant woman called to beg for mercy.

After Lisa heard this, she didn't say anything, but the pregnant woman cried, "Everything was our fault, we were too greedy. We thought we could use this opportunity to get tons of money from the hospital. In the end, greed blinded our eyes, but we now know that we were truly wrong. Please give us another chance; my two kids need their father around. I'm terrified that I'll lose him. If he really ends up in jail, then everything will be ruined."

Lisa was slightly moved when she heard 'jail'; she didn't know what Jungkook did.

However it must have been definitive, or else the pregnant woman wouldn't be crying like this.

"Let me think about it." Lisa was exhausted and frustrated by everything that happened over the last few days.

She didn't give the pregnant woman any promises, because she didn't know what Jungkook did.

Therefore, she hung up the phone. Then, the pregnant woman sent over many texts, most of them were extremely polite and begged for mercy.

At this point, Lisa didn't seem to pity the woman anymore, as she only thought, why did they have to do what they did if they knew what they were doing was wrong?

If Jungkook didn't help Lisa take care of things, then would they still let her off the hook?

If she forgave them, then who would prove her innocence?

Plus, this situation had been greatly magnified...

When Jungkook came back, Lisa had already made dinner. There were meat and vegetable dishes, which smelled and tasted delicious.

Lisa's cooking always enticed Jungkook's appetite. He ate two bowls of rice.

While they were eating, Lisa snuck peaks at Jungkook.

"You've something to tell me?" asked Jungkook.

"Ahem... You eat quite a lot but you're not fat at all. Do you have any secrets to maintaining your weight?"

Jungkook looked at Lisa hopelessly and said, "I'll give you another chance. If you don't get to the point, then I'll be in the study for a video conference in a bit."

He pushed back all the month-end meetings with the seven branch companies that was supposed to happen the other day because he was busy taking care of Lisa's thing.

A pile of work was pushed back and was waiting for him to take care of, so he didn't have any time to discuss the trick to maintaining his body shape with Lisa.

Lisa decided to be straightforward too, upon seeing how direct Jungkook was.

"How did you deal with that family? His wife called me today and begged for mercy."

"He brought it onto himself," said Jungkook coldly.

"I think so too, but I hear that the man might go to jail. He did push me that day, but the police already tested for wounds, and Bambam knows about this. There's nothing wrong with me, so why would that man go to jail? Did you sue him for blackmailing?" Lisa knew that Jungkook's legal team was quite powerful, so they might have used this as an excuse.

"He won't be sued for blackmailing. Even if he were, it would only be a two or three-year sentence, what's the point of that?"

"Then he...?" Lisa wanted to say something but stopped.