Chapter:44

"No Jungkook, that's not it. I just... didn't want you to worry about me."

"You might as well just say that I'll always be an outsider in your eyes."

"No, that's not it..."

Finally, the two of them sat in the car in silence for quite a while, with no one saying anything.

Jungkook didn't speak because he was angry, and Lisa didn't speak because she didn't know what to say.

Lisa felt hints of pain on her head. After she reached over to touch it, she frowned.

"Ouch..." Lisa couldn't help but to make a sound because of the pain.

In that moment, Jungkook's heart immediately softened...

After he got out of the car, he held onto Lisa's hand as they walked upstairs.

Then, he took out the first-aid kit to disinfect Lisa's wound.

He gently moved Lisa's long black hair and her bangs to the side and saw a purple bump on the left side of her head. It seemed to be a bruise.

Jungkook felt terrible...

"Hold on for a bit, I'm going to disinfect the area with an antiseptic wipe first."

"Okay." Lisa nodded.

After Jungkook disinfected the area with a cotton swab dipped in isopropanol, he wrapped it by band-aid.

"I'll be fine on my own, you should go to work."

"I have my priorities and don't need you to remind me," Jungkook said not-very-nicely.

Lisa immediately fell silent...

It was as if Jungkook had eaten gunpowder today. He was terrifying, especially when he was beating up the man at the police station a while ago.

She even thought that if Bambam hadn't pulled him back, he would have beaten that man to death.

Jungkook took out his phone and called Assistant Lee. He told Lee that he wouldn't be going back to the office in the afternoon and ordered him to push everything back.

Then he took out his laptop and sat with Lisa on the living room sofa, as he looked for news that came out from the discussion threads on the forum.

"There must be someone behind it for things to get this bad. However, I don't think that that patient's family members are capable of doing something like this," explained Jungkook as he flipped through the discussion threads.

Lisa nodded in agreement. "I agree. There must be someone behind them that's pushing for this, that's why things escalated so quickly. Plus, it seems that they've planned for what happened this time, and I'm not sure why the media reports have been censored. Maybe our director did something?"

"If your director could really do something, then would he still only be a director?" Jungkook looked at her nonchalantly.

"Uhm... anyways, after the media pressed things down, the patient's family members immediately spread the news all over the KakaoTalk and then onto their WeChat friend circles. It doesn't seem like something they're capable of doing, given how meticulous this plan is."

"Have you bothered anyone at the hospital recently?" asked Jungkook.

"Yes, I have." Lisa nodded, and then she continued, "My relationship with one of the doctors in the gynecology department, Krystal Jung, is awful. She's been wanting to get rid of me for quite some time, but the director never approved it. Also, because she's the director's niece, she can do anything she wants in the hospital. A lot of people hate her, but she especially despises me."