Chapter:97

"I said, I want a divorce."

"No, don't even think about it." Jungkook immediately declined. From the moment he married her, he never thought about divorce.

"I wasn't asking for your opinion, and I don't care if you agree or not. I'm going to move out first, and in 6 months, I will ask the court for a divorce. That's all."

Then, Lisa got up to head into the patient's room...

"Doll..." Jungkook's heart throbbed as he attempted to grab onto Lisa's arm.

"Let go of me." Lisa's tone was cold and distant; she seemed like a completely different person.

"Don't follow me. My mom is not awake yet, and I'm sure she won't want to see your face." Then, Lisa turned around to go into the room.

Jungkook stood outside alone, feeling the slight throbbing at the bottom of his heart...

This was something that he was most afraid of facing, but it still happened...

Seven years ago, Lisa went back on their deal to go to the States with him when her uncle died.

She ended up breaking up with him...

He went to the U.S. alone and didn't come back for 7 years, not even for his grandfather's funeral.

He never would've thought that tragedy would repeat itself...

His arrogant and rude mother was the source of everything bad that had happened...

Jungkook left the hospital with a heavy heart. He put down a million in deposit for Lisa's mother's hospitalization before driving away from the hospital...

He called Bambam.

"Where are you?"

"At the bureau."

"Come out for a drink."

"Right now?" Bambam was confused.

"Yes, right now."

"Okay, let me finish up with this grand larceny case I'm on, and I'll be there soon, okay? Wait for me."

Then, Bambam quickly hung up the phone...

That night, her mother hadn't yet awoken, so Lisa asked the doctor how she was doing.

Apparently, because her body was weak, it'll take a while before she wakes up, but her stats had all stabilized.

When Lisa came back, she was afraid of going into the room because she felt guilty towards her mother.

She stood by the corner of the corridor, with a cigarette in her hand...

It was a Russian cigarette – brown and thin, but strong.

Lisa wasn't addicted, but she liked the smell of cigarettes. Call it a hobby if you will.

Therefore, she always kept a pack in her purse; when she was stressed out or tired, she would take it out and take a sniff.

She never lit it up...

But today was different; she found a lighter, lit up the cigarette, and held it between her index and middle fingers.

Then, she sucked in with all her might...

She very rarely smoked, so her lungs reacted immediately, and she began coughing like crazy...

"Noona... aare you smoking?" Haruto had been looking everywhere for his sister before finally seeing her at the end of the corridor.