Chapter 14: The 2nd Polaroid

Justin slept on Clay's couch like a baby after he got high. Clay wakes up and tries to wake Justin up. Justin just groans as he's lazy.

Hannah Baker: I'm not so sure he got the message.

Clay Jensen: It's disgusting. He stinks.

Hannah Baker: No, the clothes stink. He's been living on the street for 5 months.

Clay decides to grab Justin's clothes from his bag and wash them. It was there that Clay finds Justin's stash as he hides it before his mom caught him. Clay takes a picture of Justin's stash and does a image search. Once he got the results back, he flushes it down and immediately calls Tony.

Clay Jensen: Tony, it was heroin. I did, like, an image search and it came up black tar heroin. He... He had heroin.

After breakfast, Clay serves Justin breakfast as Sheri climbs up through the window and enters Clay's room much to Clay's confusion.

Clay Jensen: What the fuck? What are you doing here?

Sheri Holland: Tony told me to wait till your mom left, then come through the window. Did I mess it up?

Clay Jensen: Uh, no, the window's right, but why did he send you?

Sheri Holland: Well, he thought I could help.

Justin Foley: Help with what?

Sheri Holland: I've got some supplies. How are you feeling?

Justin Foley: Fine. Supplies for what?

Clay Jensen: When is Tony getting here?

Sheri Holland: He's not coming, Clay. He's still on probation. He can't risk getting involved now that he knows about Justin.

Justin Foley: What about me?

Clay Jensen: (Exhales) All right, so the thing is, I was washing your clothes and I found your shit and I flushed it down the toilet. And Tony thinks you might be an addict and we might have to detox you.

Justin Foley: Fuck this. I'm out of here.

Justin gets up and begins packing his stuff.

Clay Jensen: Well, "A," all of your fucking clothes are in the wash, and "B," where are you gonna go?

Sheri Holland: We're gonna get you through this.

Clay Jensen: Look, Justin, you want to help Jessica, right? You can't testify if you're high. Okay? Justin. Justin.

Justin gets up and makes his way towards Clay's bed as he tries to put his shoes on.

Clay Jensen: Jesus, what happened to you? You think Jessica will wanna see you like this?Justin just stops everything.

Justin Foley: No.

Clay Jensen: (Exhales) Shit. I can't miss school.

Sheri Holland: Go. I got this. I'll text you every hour.

Clay Jensen: Why are you doing this, Sheri?

Sheri Holland: I spent the last 5 months trying to make up for what I did. And now that I'm out, I realize it's actually gonna take the rest of my life, so maybe this is where I start.

Justin Foley: (Gasping) I think I, I think I ate too much breakfast.

Justin pukes on Clay's bed.

Clay Jensen: Oh, fuck, Justin. That's my bed.

Today is Marcus Cole's turn to testify. More people have turn out to support Hannah much to the surprise of Olivia & Dennis. On the stand, Marcus lies what he did to Hannah. Last year on Valentine's, Marcus called Hannah and told her that she was number 1 on his Dollar Valentine, but it was a lie. In reality, he bet Bryce $100 dollars that he can get with Hannah. Marcus also tells the court that Hannah was pursuing Bryce Walker and only used him to get to Bryce. Meanwhile at Liberty, Mr. Porter meets with Jessica and her parents who show him the threatening messages that Jessica has been receiving. Porter asks Jessica if she wants to reveal who her rapist was to him but Jessica still refuses to tell in fear. At the cafeteria, Alex & Zach have breakfast together when Alex remembers something but doesn't know what it is. After her meeting with Porter, Jessica goes to her locker as Clay approaches her.