Chapter 60: Prom Part 1

So, let's recap what happened. Diego & Justin were fighting at school in the hallway when an S.R.O. officer came to brake it up and then racial profile Diego. That asshole even pull his gun at both Diego & Justin. We, the students of Liberty, were pissed off. We went to Bolan about it and he did nothing. That lead to a student walkout that resulted in a riot with the police. Then some idiot set a car on fire and it blew up. And it was Bolan's car! Me, Jessica, & Ani were close to the blast, but thankfully we were fine. Not a scratch on us. The result: Liberty shut down for a week & all of us were grounded. That meant no phones. I had no contact with any of my friends for a week. When the week had past, we all caught up. Everyone was okay, except for Zach who was caught by the cops inside the school's office for trashing the school. Alex & Charlie are now officially a couple and they look cute together. Don't tell Alex I said that, he hates it when I say that. Anyways, it's now been a week since the riot and school is back in session. Apparently there's an investigation into what started the fight between Justin & Diego. Justin told us that Diego heard the tape that Bryce made for me & Jessica. I have no idea how that was possible or how he knows about it, but it's not good especially if Estela heard it. Dean Foundry is going to be calling all of us in one by one. Starting with Zach.

Zach Dempsey: I don't know why I raised a bat at the police. (Sighs) I was out of my mind.

Dean Foundry: Destroying all my personal possessions wasn't enough to work it all out? You went through your file, and you took one thing out: the letter from Coach Kerba. Why?

Zach Dempsey: I, uh... (Inhales Deeply, Sighs Heavily) I don't know.

Dean Foundry: Some students last week had legitimate grievances. Some were just venting anger, but I don't really think it's me that you're angry at, is it?

At the Jensen's, Clay enters the outhouse to wake up Justin who is not feeling good.

Clay Jensen: Justin. Justin, hey. Justin, come on, we cannot be late for our first day back. Come on.

Justin Foley: Shit, that's today?

Clay Jensen: Yeah, school was closed for a week, but we still have to make it up at the end of the year. And apparently, there's a whole... investigation into what started it, what you and Diego were fighting about.

Justin Foley: Fuck!

Clay notices how weak Justin looks as he also notices a black rash on his neck

Clay Jensen: Hey, are... Are you OK?

Justin Foley: Yeah, I have the flu or some shit.

Clay Jensen: The flu? Or some shit?

Justin Foley: I haven't used in days.

Clay Jensen: You told me you would stop.

Justin Foley: I did, I... I mean, this... this... It's just what it must be. Look, I just need some sleep.

Clay Jensen: (Sighs) Justin, I'm not saying I've got my own shit dealt with, but... do you need to go back to rehab? Or, like... My folks could get you, I don't know, they have addiction doctors...

Justin Foley: I don't wanna spend more of their money.

Clay Jensen: We should do something.

Justin Foley: I don't want them to know I relapsed! Clay, just give me a minute to get better again, OK? (Labored Breathing)

Clay Jensen: Yeah. Of course. Do you need anything?