Chapter 23: Confronting Monty

Justin continues testifying as it's now Sonya's turn to question him.

Sonya Struhl: So, you were intoxicated at this party, is that correct?

Justin Foley: Yes.

Sonya Struhl: And you would regularly get drunk at parties, isn't that true?

Justin Foley: Yeah, I guess, sometimes.

Sonya Struhl: And you're a habitual user of heroin, isn't that correct?

Dennis Vasquez: Objection. Relevance?

Sonya Struhl: Goes to capacity and reliability, Your Honor.

Judge: Overruled.

Sonya Struhl: Justin, you're a heroin addict, isn't that correct?

Justin Foley: I wasn't then. I'm in recovery.

Sonya Struhl: And on the night in question, you brought Jessica upstairs with the intention of having sex with her, correct?

Justin Foley: I thought it might go there.

Sonya Struhl: And you never actually saw Bryce and Jessica during intercourse, correct?

Justin Foley: I heard noises.

Sonya Struhl: Noises that could have been sounds of 2 very drunk teenagers having sex, correct?

Justin Foley: No. Jessica was passed out. She couldn't... She couldn't speak.

Sonya Struhl: She couldn't speak when you left her.

Justin Foley: I literally just left the room.

Sonya Struhl: And when you entered the room, you saw Bryce standing over her, not on top of her, correct?

Justin Foley: Yeah, but he shoved me out.

Sonya Struhl: Mr. Foley, isn't it true that you never saw Bryce assault anyone?

Justin Foley: No, that's not true.

Sonya Struhl: Isn't it true that you concocted this rape story to save yourself from the embarrassment of what really happened? Your girlfriend cheated on you with your best friend.

Justin Foley: No.

Dennis Vasquez: Objection.

Sonya Struhl: And isn't it true that you left town rather than face the truth?

Justin Foley: No.

Sonya Struhl: You didn't leave town?

Justin Foley: I mean, I left town, but it was not to avoid any...

Sonya Struhl: And wasn't the heroin also a way to avoid the truth?

Dennis Vasquez: Objection.

Sonya Struhl: And aren't you lying now?

Justin Foley: No!

Dennis Vasquez: Asked and answered.

Justin Foley: No, I'm telling the truth, I... He raped her. I'm telling the truth.

The court recess as everyone is done testifying. Alex & Zach arrive to the courthouse and informed Clay & Tony about Monty.

Clay Jensen: The jury's not buying it. We have to go after him. And we need those pictures.

Alex Standall: Who would know where he is?