Chapter 68: The Reason Why I'm Still Going

It was time for our high school reunion. We left the kids with Clay's parents as we went to Liberty. When we arrived, we parked the car, got out, and stare at the school where 3 years of our lives were hell.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: Here we are.

Clay Jensen: Liberty Fucking High. We're back.

As we walk around the front of the school, everything come flashing back. My 1st day at Liberty, spending time with Clay, tricking Justin into following me to the bus, the riot, everything. We reach the gym as Clay suddenly stops.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: What is it?

Clay Jensen: Nothing. It's just... this is where we stopped Tyler. Spring Fling. I haven't thought about that moment since we graduated. I'm glad that he's had a better life.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: We did the right thing that night.

We walked inside the gym where the reunion is already underway. We were amazed at the sight. We see a lot of familiar faces as we're greeted by a very familiar face.

Jessica Davis-Torres: Aren't you 2 so sweet.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: Jess!

I immediately hug Jessica. It had been a while since we've seen her.

Jessica Davis-Torres: Hannah! It's so good to see you.

We let go of each other as Clay goes to hug her.

Clay Jensen: I missed you, too.

Jessica Davis-Torres: Same here, Clay.

They let go of each other.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: Look at you. You look amazing.

Jessica Davis-Torres: So are you. How have you 2 been?

Clay Jensen: Good. Raising our 2 kids. You?

Jessica Davis: The same. Raising my daughters while keeping the fight going.

Clay Jensen: How's Diego?

Jessica Davis-Torres: Really good. He's just catching up with his old jock friends.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: Is that Luke Holliday?

Clay Jensen: And Beecher as well. Wow, they all look good.

Jessica Davis-Torres: Yeah. Everyone else are here. We were just waiting for the both of you.

Hannah Baker-Jensen: They're all here?

Jessica nods as she leads us to the rest of the gang. They were all here: Alex, Charlie, Tony, Caleb, Tyler, Estela, Ani with her husband, Zach, & Chlöe. We all hugged each other as we were happy to see each other. Diego would soon join us as he greets us. We'd all buried the hatchet with Diego right before graduation. He apologized to Clay for everything he did to him and he apologized to me for everything he & the jocks have said about me before my attempt. We all danced together as we were having fun. It was like we were all teenagers again. The only thing that was missing... Justin. But we all know that he's with us in spirit. We also got reacquainted with Cyrus, Toby, Eric, & Chad. They haven't changed a bit. After dancing for a while, we all sat down and shared our memories from Liberty.

Alex Standall: I remember when I made the stupid mistake of putting Hannah & Jessica on the Hot or Not list.

Zach Dempsey: Hannah was so fucking pissed off that it couldn't wait and she stormed into the boys locker room to confront him.