Chapter 34: Tyler

June 2018

Today, me & Clay are hanging out with Ani & Tyler at Monet's. Ani was beginning to wonder why we're keeping an eye on Tyler. So Clay thought that he trusted Ani enough to tell her about Spring Fling. I trust her too to tell her about Tyler.

Hannah Baker: So... Clay stepped in front of him.

Ani Achola: In front of his gun?

Clay nods at Ani.

Clay Jensen: And... I asked him not to do it.

Ani Achola: Clay, that is insane.

Hannah Baker: Yes, that's what we all thought.

Clay Jensen: I know, it was a really bad choice. That... I think I'd make again. Exactly the same way.

I can't forget about that night. The look on Tyler's face. The look on Clay's face when Tyler pointed his gun at him. I've had nightmares about it.

Ani Achola: You're a madman.

Clay Jensen: I get it, you think it was wrong.

Hannah Baker: It was stupid.

Ani Achola: And brave. But it doesn't mean you have to be the hero all the time.

Clay Jensen: It kind of does, though. Until we know he's okay.

Ani Achola: You've got to put on your own mask first. When a plane loses pressure and there's no oxygen, you've got to put on your own mask first.

Clay Jensen: Is yours on?

Ani Achola: Sure. So, how can I help you with yours?

Later that day, it was Jessica's turn to watch Tyler. Jessica was starting to get creeped out by the way Tyler was looking at her. She called Alex hoping he can takes him. Alex wasn't thrilled to bail Jessica out. He also wasn't thrilled when Justin showed up as Alex took the hint. The next week...

School's is officially out and everyone is now on summer vacation. Well, not everyone. Me & Justin have to go to Summer School. Lame! But I'm gonna make the most of it. It's currently the weekend. Tonight's is my night with Tyler so I thought it would be fun if the both of us, Ani, & Clay all went to watch a movie at The Crestmont. We went to see Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window which I figured that Tyler might enjoy because it involves... cameras. We all leave the theatre room as we're walking in the hallway, of course Clay's got a problem with the movie...

Clay Jensen: I'm just saying, it's a guy, with binoculars, watching people. That's the whole movie. How is that not boring?

Ani Achola: That's what made it so great, right?

Hannah Baker: Right.

Ani Achola: I mean, he is stuck behind glass, in a wheelchair, and he still figures out how to play the hero.

Tyler Down: Totally agree.

Ani Achola: Thank you, Tyler.

Hannah Baker: Are you sure you watched the same movie as we did, Clay?

Clay Jensen: I feel like we just watched 2 very different movies.

Tyler Down: I mean, the camera was cool. Exakta VX. Classic.

Hannah Baker: It is not about the action, Clay. It's about... Ani a little help?

Ani Achola: Ummm... Help us out, Tyler.